It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are their heads covered?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I keep seeing the footage of the terrorists who are holding the captives that are eventually beheaded and the terrorists are giving their names but yet have their heads covered concealing their identities, this makes no sense to me. Someone I know who has been to Iraq saw the footage and said, "Those guys look white to me." I will say that I have not went and looked at any of the footage of the beheading of anyone and do not want too. I did read some questions on here about whether this was really the people they said they were or others doing this, now that there has been 3, are there still questions and does anyone believe that the reason that there have been so many more is because there were so many questions about Nick Berg's death? and are there similar questions concerning the deaths of the others?

[edit on 24-6-2004 by goose]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Presumably their heads are covered so that their identity won't be revealed. Thaqt seems the most likely explanation to me.

As for guessing their nationality from the images of them shown on the Web, I wonder how anyone could tell.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes, if they reveal their names, why the masks? It's pretty simple. They are not who they claim to be. If they revealed their faces, we would see this. This is most likely the work of a not-so-friendly and meddling ally. Think about it...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification, EastCoastKid. I guess I should have watched the video.

So what about their nationality then? Would it be possible to determine that from the video? I don't mean the accents of their voices, cos that could have been dubbed surely? [Obviously I'm no expert in the audio/video field!]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm sure that the people at the CIA whose job it is to review those pieces of videotape are pretty good at analyzing things such as accent and regional dialect and so forth. I would bet that after each tape is released it is carefully analyzed and all portions of the tape are vetted for intelligence purposes.

Whether or not the perpetrators are Iraqis or Arabs or from some other area, the boys at Langley probably already know that by now...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
An ally of ours, who has a huge stake in what happens with Iraq, has been working from the shadows all along. From providing false evidence in the run-up to the invasion to currently infiltrating certain elements in Iraq. They are beginning to take matters into their own hands due to Bush's failed Iraq policy.

Don't let the Arabic speaking throw you off. Others speak Arabic as well. Some in our own special forces speak the different languages of that region. For example, many claimed that the man who spoke and then beheaded Nick Berg had a Jordanian accent.

Think about who our allies are over there.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You are right is like any other conflicts you always going to find the people that are involve and the ones that take advantage of the situation, sadly to say our policies get lost most of the time on the issues at hand and US tend to oversee the other trouble makers.

I always say and think that this war was reckless and this president did not had a clue as the consequences he was going to get from this, I think US is becoming overwhelm.

This is just a matter of personal opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You're right. It is now out of hand. Why? Because Turkey's refusal to allow our troops entry from the north threw the administration's war plans completely out of whack, and they foolishly went ahead with it.

Why? What was the rush? That has never been made known.

Was OPEC getting ready to change their oil currency to the Euro? If so, that would have crashed our economy.

It takes a long, long time to properly plan for such a huge invasion and occupation. These fools didn't have a clue. They refused to listen to the wisdom of their warriors and went ahead with it anyway. (That in itself shows how little they care about our troops and the troops of our allies.) From day one I knew it was a disaster (watching the long convoy race to Baghdad). A DISASTER.

And you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I found this link you may find interesting, I posted on another forum but I am gong to post it in here in case. Sorry repeating the link.

fixco1.com...

I like how this link summarizes Bush admistration agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think the big reason their heads are covered is because of the fact plain and simple THEY ARE COWARDS!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
This is most likely the work of a not-so-friendly and meddling ally. Think about it...

I like the way you think.

It wouldnt be the first time they have posed as Arabs either.

All in the name of creating hatred towards the Muslim world.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting site, Marg. Thanks for the link.

Want Bush to be re-elected? You might wanna consider this...

What has Bush and the GOP done with our country during the 3.5 years they have been in charge?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Largest Deficits In History * Out of Control Spending * Spent All The Social Security Surpluses * Lied To Get Us Into A War In Iraq * 800+ American Boys Killed * 3000+ American Boys Injured * Ignored Our Allies * Failed To Stop A Huge Terrorist Attack On 9/11 Despite Warnings * Passed Huge Tax Cuts For The Rich * Lied About Who Would Benefit From The Tax Cuts * Huge Increases in Pork Barrel Spending * No Threats Of Vetoes From Bush On Spending * Huge Giveaways To The Insurance and Drug Industries * Stopped Seniors From Getting Cheaper Drugs In Canada * Disallowed Medicare The Ability To Negotiate Cheaper Drug Prices * Non-Bid Contract Awarded To Halliburton * Reduced The American People's Civil Liberties * Reduced Rights To Privacy * Hampered Investigation By 9/11 Commission * No Compromises With Democrats On Legislation * High Unemployment * Refused To Extend Unemployment Benefits * Tried To Pass Huge Retroactive Tax Cuts For Big Corporations * Nominated Extremist Judges To Life Time Positions * They Want To Stop Paying Overtime For Many Workers * They Cut Spending For Veterans and Education * Roll Back Of Industrial Pollution Regulations * Roll Back Of Forest Logging Regulations * Roll Back Of Drinking Water Regulations * Allowed For Greater Concentration Of Media Company Ownership * California Energy Rip-Off By Enron And Others * Started Paying Large Cash Bonuses For Federal Appointees * Rolled Back "Pizza Rule" For Lobbyist * And Now Bush Is Proposing More Tax Cuts and More Spending Increases *

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You're right on the money.

The problem is, so many people cannot think for themselves. They believe whatever the boob toob tells 'em.

We don't need no stinkin' proof! The AyeRabs did it!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think the arabic being spoken is a voice over. Another reason why the faces are covered. This was quite apparent in the Berg video. If we could see their faces then we could see their mouths moving and it would be completely obvious then that it was dubbed.

The point about them making their names known but not their faces, is a strong one. It doesn't make sense and is highly suspicious.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The beheader is also wearing a gold ring. Muslims don't wear gold.

The dialect, or accent is very important, also. It's like the Navajo indians and Apache indians. Most of their language is very similar; however, some words have very different meanings. If a Navajo was posing as an Apache, most people would never know the difference. Only those familiar with the differences (firsthand) would catch them. Those guys are not who they said they were.

Zarqawi is dead, by the way.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Fear is the single greatest motivator, I think it was Hitler who said that.

People are easier to control when fear is instilled in them.

People are more inclined to respond in a positive manner by the decisions of government if the people are fear driven.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Berg beheading was done for two reasons:

1. To draw attention off the administration who is (still) mired in the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal

2. To use as a justification. ("See how cruel and animalistic those Ay-Rabs are!) To make us look morally superior to them.

Now look at what's happening. Once again, they've opened a pandora's box. The policies of this administration are catastrophic to all U.S. citizens. The days of U.S. citizens being warmly greeted in most lands and traveling safely are over.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This situation is gaining momentum, look at today's events.

We are about to go through a "transfer of power" back to the Iraq's, in 6 days.

This is an election year.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Absolute crap.

As for your assertion that the beheadings were carried out by the Israelis? That's just as false - and a pretty despicable, immoral accusation to boot.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Absolute crap.

As for your assertion that the beheadings were carried out by the Israelis? That's just as false - and a pretty despicable, immoral accusation to boot.

Those are your words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join