It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video captured by passengers shows final moments of emergency landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi there everyone, hope this is in the right section! I just watched this footage of this emergency landing at the JFK in New York.

If you've ever flown, you've probably pondered, at least for a moment, how you might react in the event of an emergency landing -- and, more specifically, how the fear of an imminent crash would affect you. Now passengers from Delta Flight 4951 have supplied dramatic video footage of just that real-life scenario.

Two passengers flying from Atlanta to White Plains, N.Y., used their cell phones Saturday night to record the jet's emergency landing at New York's JFK International Airport after part of its landing gear became stuck and didn't drop.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Thanks for showing that. I had a friend just asking me about it, hadn't seen it....he thought it was at La Guardia!! I told him, "No way! Not with a gear problem, no one's going to LGA...runways are too short."

Anyway....the saddest part about that particular clip? The Fox news blonde...boy, is she dumb!

It's also important to note (despite the paint scheme, and the idiotic "news" casters on air) it was NOT a Delta flight.

Atlantic Southeast Airlines (radio call sign "Acey", for the "A-S-east". IATA airline code letters are "EV" ICAO code is "ASQ").

A "feeder" Regional Jet company flying under contract FOR Delta (as is, unfortunately, oh so common, nowadays!)

Takes jobs away from the Mainline airlines' employees; pilots and flight attendants......these are a reality of business, nowadays....but doesn't mean I have to like it.

join