It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Nazi Couple Find Out They're Jewish

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Neo-Nazi Couple Find Out They're Jewish

www.aolnews.com

(Sept. 25) -- Two Polish neo-Nazis who were childhood sweethearts and later became skinheads have discovered what for them is a shocking family secret: They're actually Jewish.

Pawel and Ola, identified only by their first names, are the subject of a CNN documentary about Poles rediscovering their Jewish roots generations after their ancestors hid their religious identities to escape persecution during World War II.

A few years ago, Ola found out from Warsaw's Jewish Historical Institute that both she and her husband are technically Jews. "It was unbelievable -- it turned out that w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The article says that they've embraced their Jewish heritage and now are active in the local orthodox synagogue. I wonder what their old friends think.

Reminds me of Dave Chappelle's "Clayton Bigsby" skit. This episode has got to be one of his funniest ever.

I thought this would bring a little humor in the forum.

www.aolnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That'll sure screw up a nice healthy hatred, won't it?

God does have a sense of humour...and sometimes it isn't all that friendly. Too funny.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Unless they practice Judaism, they aren't Jewish. Perhaps the article meant they are of HEBREW decent, not JEWISH.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Unless they practice Judaism, they aren't Jewish. Perhaps the article meant they are of HEBREW decent, not JEWISH.

Not so, if you're born Jewish you are always Jewish no matter the decent.

Great story, never to late to learn the truth.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Christianity has Christians. You are not ethnically a Christian.
Islam has Muslims. You are not ethnically a Muslim.
Judaism has Jews, You are not ethnically a Jew.

It is a title worthy of only those who follow the faith. Not those who have ancestors who did.

EDIT: In short, religion is not an ethnicity.

edit on 27-9-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time to rekindle the old adage "A person cannot be held responsible for who his or her ancestors slept with." [I took liberties with it, but you may recognize it nevertheless.]

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They're embracing their Jewish heritage now!?

What hypocrites!

I mean, it truely shows how false this whole Neo-nazi crap really is. The fact they can give up they're previous beliefs so quickly once the tables turn against them.

"Jewish you say... well... might as well buy a kippah and try to cover the tattoo of a swastika on my shoulder..."

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That is too funny and I'm sure that the reality is, many of these neo-Nazis have Jewish ancestry and don't even know it. Most people hate Jews out of ignorancy. They don't understand what lead Germany to persecute the Jewish people and they certainly don't understand enough to seperate the Jewish faith or bloodline from the percieved stereo-type engulfing them. Real anti-semitism is usually the result of stone-cold ignorance and an inability to critically think for one's self.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Love It!!!!
Amazing story!

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Not so, if you're born Jewish you are always Jewish no matter the decent.

Umm..... No!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Indeed, the irony being that many of todays Jews are not "ethnically" Hebrew at all, but descended from Khazak and other European converts.

I have always found it odd that Jews consider themselves an ethnicity, when they actually encompass several distinct ethnic groups. To be a Jew, one must practice Judaism, same as any other faith. One can't be a Jew simply because your Grandad or Grandma was.

(I realise that Jews would claim otherwise, but strictly speaking they are talking utter bollocks)

EDIT: it's exactly this thinking (That Judaism is an ethnic group) that got many Germans, Poles and others sent killed even though they never practiced Judaism. Simply having a "Jewish" ancestor back in time was enough to get you ostracised or even sent to the camps.

edit on 27/9/10 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
great story- i can't wait for all the homophobes to realize they are gay.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My spouse is Jewish and I showed her the video which CNN had uploaded a few days ago. She said it wasn't surprising that there are numerous Polish Jews. A lot of Jews in Poland were uprated or confirmed to Nazism just to survive.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
I mean, it truely shows how false this whole Neo-nazi crap really is. The fact they can give up they're previous beliefs so quickly once the tables turn against them.

Can't get any truer than that.

Here's something that's similar but it's done by Dave Chappelle.
I thought this was hilarious.

edit on 27/9/10 by Intelearthling because: correction

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
great story- i can't wait for all the homophobes to realize they are gay.

I imagine most homophobes aren't gay. The theory that they are is about as stupid as the theory that all gays check out straight dudes in the shower.

On topic.

This just shows that they wasn't happy with their old lifestyle. I been to a couple of Neo Nazi gatherings and they aren't the greatest of places. When you are around that type of stuff the grass is really greener on the other side.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hahahaha "Black White Supremist" xD

Officially Favorited

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am going by what my Rabbi says, and that is if your born Jewish you are always Jewish whether you practice Judaism or not.
Shalom

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Jewish is both religion and ethnicity. It is the only one like that. You can be born to Jewish parents, convert to Christianity, Budism, Islam or what ever, your DNA is still Jewish.

Just one link to read on the topic: tracingthetribe.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Two major Jewish DNA studies confirm that Jewish diaspora communities maintained strong DNA links despite thousands of years of separation from their Middle East origins.

Both studies refute countercaims on Jewish origins, such as Shlomo Sand's suggestion in his book, "The Invention of the Jewish People." Sand claims that Jews have no origin in common but are various peoples in Europe and Central Asia who converted to Judaism in the past.

The two studies are that of Gil Atzmon (Albert Einstein College of Medicine) and Harry Ostrer (New York University), in the American Journal of Human Genetics; and that of Doron M. Behar (Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel) and Richard Villems (University of Tartuin, Estonia), in Thursday’s edition of Nature.

See the link in my above reply. There is genetic evidence that this version of invented history you cite is false. This was invented to claim that Modern Jew's claim on Israel is illegitimate. Science disagrees.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Calling Jews "Hebrews" is something that Christians invented, I'm pretty sure. Jews do not call themselves Hebrews. I have never heard any Jews I know say "I am a Hebrew." (I say this as a Jew who grew up in a community that was about 95% Jewish). One says, "I am a Jew," whether one is religious or not. I am not religious, I am an agnostic in my beliefs, but my ethnic heritage is most definitely as a Jew and when people ask if I am Jewish, I say, "yes."

Even though my family comes from Poland and Russia, culturally - ethnically - we are of quite a different background than other Russians and Poles. Our cultural history does include aspects of those places as well, but the overwhelming and most important part of our cultural identity is that of being Jewish, and all that comes with it. Jews were ghettoized in much of Europe and so tended to retain a distinct cultural identity. There is also a racial component to Jewish identity, as even those who have become somewhat mixed with the European population, retain distinct racial roots to our ancestors who come from the Middle East. These connections have even been proven via modern genetic tests.

Ethnicity can include religion, in addition to racial and other cultural factors. The dictionary definitions of "ethnic" are as follows:

Ethnic —adj
1. relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common
2. relating to the classification of mankind into groups, esp on the basis of racial characteristics
3. denoting or deriving from the cultural traditions of a group of people
4. characteristic of another culture: the ethnic look; ethnic food

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join