It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: CNN to air Live Broadcast of UFO-Nukes Press Conference

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
Full (or a large part of it) press conference here

They certainly had a big problem with all those flying lighthouses, didn't they? I know, I'm being sarcastic here, but I always thought that was a particularly ludicrous and laughable "explanation" for UFOs--the lighthouses that can take off, hover and fly around.

Naturally, the disclaimer always is that "UFO doesn't mean alien spacecraft", but if at least some of them aren't then a lot of people have been wasting a lot of time and effort on nothing over the last 60 years. For reports like these, I can't think of any other explanation than that they witnessed something so extraordinary that no one really has a clue what to do about it.

I've seen something extraordinary like that myself so I can understand how they might feel.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would love to read more on this. BTW, yes I am going to mention it. Perhaps many of you forgot, but "if" this is true it seems to be what the web bot predicted. That a woman would come forth to the mainstream media presenting evidence about UFOs. I can't remember the exact quote. I do remember that it also mentioned something about her having some scar.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And when will our media demand answers from the government? They get invited to all the interviews. Surely they should all be asking about this disclosure.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

I like the term "soft disclosure."
I think I can handle any type of disclosure but for most people I imagine the softer the disclosure the better.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
just the fact the u.n. just named an official in charge of making first contact with alien visitors is huge. this could be paving the way for a massive public ceremonial landing with a u.n. delegation with representives from around the world being greeted by this professor. i just hope that if aliens do land they don't seek residency on this planet. .

You need not worry about them staying here. They are coming to pick up a few of us and then we are outta here.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
We were warned they pull this crap and I actually thought they never would. It appears they are going for broke.

The ruling elites all over the world have no trouble creating enemies, real or imagined, on this planet. For years, whenever the US economy needed a boost, all they had to do was yell that the Russians were coming and that was enough. Truman, Eisenhower, JFK and Reagan all did that.

Vietnam was made into an enemy dispite the fact that Ho Chi Minh had offered the US a full alliance in 1945-46. Few people know that even today, but it's true.

Now they have to make Iran into an enemy like that, trying to get people to believe that it actually might fire off a few nukes and then sit back and wait to get hit by a few hundred in return. I'm not fan of the regime in Iran, but I never believed that was a likely scenario.

For many years, politicians warned about the "threat of Red China", at least until Nixon went there in 1971 and made an alliance with them. After that, every big capitalist in the West fell all over themselves to trade and do business there.

And so it goes. I don't think they really need an ET threat, and it might be very hard to even make something like that believable.

Even the ETs described by these men today--and yes, I'm convinced that they really did see some--were not all that threatening. They didn't kill or injure anyone, although they obviously could have if they had wanted. They didn't do any real damage, beyond shutting off some missiles temporarily. They didn't even seem to upset the military leaders very much, at least these incidents didn't cause them to react in any way. Not that we know of.

Could it be that they figured out quite a long time ago who some of these ETs really were and that they were not hostile? I think that's likely. They keep it all very secret, but from time to time let a little of this information leak out. As far as we know, they haven't tried to poison Col. Halt's coffee or cause him to have an "accident" and he's been talking about these events for years. The same with all the others.

Only a neophyte to the UFO field would be surprised by any of the information they gave out at this press conference. No one in the government or military seems to react to it at all, which one would think they might do if they had decided the ETs were a big menace. Beyond keeping it secret---and none of these incidents have really been kept secret at all--nothing ever happens. There's certainly no great call to arms here. Far from it.

Whatever is really going on, it's not an alien invasion, fake or otherwise. They aren't really trying to stir the public up to do anything, but would just prefer that they all go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Show me pictures of their cities, their technology, their science, art... I want to know about their culture.

If you can´t show me this don´t tell me that they exist because I don´t want to know.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I have now seen this reported on two, competing, local network affiliates.

To my way of thinking, if what could be characterized in earlier times as a "fluff piece", is now being given local air time, especially on competing networks, then there is something to the story.

As one local anchor commented: "It's something to think about. Either these things are really affecting our nuclear weapons, or the men with the keys to our weapons are seeing things (hallucinating)."

Is this some kind of government "PsyOp"?

To what end?

What possible advantage could a government, any government, derive from admitting to its citizens that there appears to be a power, or powers, beyond its control, capable of "commandeering" and/or disabling the country's most formidable weapons and systems?

On the flip side:

And, if such a power exists, having demostrated this strategic dominence, why have no demands for alliance and/or obedience been forthcoming?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33
I don´t want to know.

to say you dont want to know something is to embrace ignorance,

this isn't the website for you

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I have been reading about ancient wars in a book called Dead Mans Secrets. Also from other sources. There are photos of artifacts found deep in the earth by miners and many others. Things like necklaces in coal thats millions of years old. Too many examples to list.

There hasnt been just 1 but many nuclear wars. We are talking about 100,000 years plus back to a few million years.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
reply to post by CX

While I believe that it might be ET disabling nuclear warheads to me it also seems pretty likely that other nations would have a vested interest in this capability, and that ET would be a great cover.

But as was also pointed out these things have also been lighting up the nukes, in both the US and in Russia, so who stands to benefit from that?

As they said, no one under the sun.

I give these guys more credibility than most seeing as they are not dopes who can't tell a star from a blimp from a chopper, and they know more than anyone the capabilities of the technology at the time. Why flap around for decades with fixed wing conventional craft with shooters, when someone has glowing zappy laser craft that can knock out your best defence?

I was thinking, before I saw this, that it'd be a whole load of lears babbling on but I was pleasently suprised.

That was until the audience started going on about being abducted... from high calibre stuff to the mundane you'd expect the msm to poke fun at.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just watching BBC Breakfast News here in the UK and they mentioned that it's "Need to Know Day" whilst talking about an unrelated news item.

They repeated it "need to know day?" ooh!

Just thought I would add that to the conversation

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
if we were to be constructive about the new evidence placed on the table here

then we have two options,

destroy all the nukes in the world(unlikely)

safegaurd them from alien reach,

these men in the military have come forward simply to testify that our nukes are not safe from aliens,

im using the term aliens to mean anyone not from that base or governance, as was the case with the ufo's even if they were from russia or something,

how do we lock something securely from an unknown infiltrator?

we should start with what we've learned thanks to these men,

they accesed everything remotely and hacked straight through any electronic safegaurd that may have been in place,

i'm drawing a bit of a blank on what can be done.

remember having these nukes means we need to have them prepared for launch FAST if need be. so we cant have them physically deactivated.

sounds like we're gonna need to come up with some kinda new technology for this, and we wont be safe till we do,

time for us voters and tax payers to turn to the government and remind them that they are supposed to be the ones keeping us safe. yet these men say since the 70's we clearly are not.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here is the link to the CNN page in case anyone want to watch.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I have to say that regardless of what was presented and the names/titles associated that I do not believe this to be any indication that aliens are here and have been here.

The fact that CNN is playing it is perhaps an indication of some tie-in with someone who wants to encourage this red herring further.

This is my opinion, please feel free to ignore it...

By the end of the conference, I started to feel that "book sale" vibe, around the part where that guy plugged David Jacob's The Threat...

I think there is room for both of the ideas to exist - the idea that this conference is a bit of a red herring to attract attention to the subject (to boost book sales) - and also that there have been genuine impossible to catch entities that interact with our planet without any trace.....similar to the way a scientist studies an ant colony.

It's just that these guys are taking initiative to make some profit in these times of economic crisis regardless of their experiences

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm what you'd call an open skeptic. Kind of sounds like an oxymoron but oh well. I've seen weird lights and am open to the possibility of intelligent life out there, however, I know that there are hoaxers out there and am careful to sort facts from frauds. I have to say that I really don't know what to think of this. First, I checked the news online earlier and saw an article about the UN's UFO office. Then, I get on here and see this? I keep thinking WTF is going on? Is this thing for real? The thing that gets me is that it's on CNN.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Then, I get on here and see this? I keep thinking WTF is going on? Is this thing for real? The thing that gets me is that it's on CNN.

See, now this is the kind of thing that really jerks my chain. This stuff has been going on for a LONG time. There have been numerous accounts of these reports happening all over the place, and for years! Conferences like this happen ALL the time.... BUT!! It only seems to suffice to the masses if it's on "CNN" or some other major news outlet.

When those jokers at the MSM stop talking about the funny little "green men" ("oh yay! how cute!!! tehehehe!")*puke*
Then and ONLY then, will people following American Idol etc etc..take this seriously.

(end rant.)

edit on 28-9-2010 by Wookiep because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

"The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force or effect known to our scientists seems to me to be overwhelming... A very large number of sightings have been vouched for by persons whose credentials seem to me unimpeachable. It is striking that so many have been trained observers, such as police officers and airline or military pilots. Their observations have in many instances... been supported either by technical means such as radar or, even more convincingly, by... interference with electrical apparatus of one sort or another..."

From the foreword to a book written by British UFO researcher Timothy Good, Above Top Secret, in 1987. Lord Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

to extract and decontextualize information with the purpose of proving a point of view is and act of arrogance propper of a manipulative personality. to expect others to not see this is an act of dumbness.

arrogant, manipulative and dumb people... yes, there are a lot here, as everywhere but i can live with them...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

First, I wasn't putting the thread down. I am aware that there have been conferences, the X Conference in 2009, for example. I also listen to Coast to Coast and heard people talking about the same things in the videos in the thread. I am also well aware that MSM doesn't tell you everything and can be a powerful a propaganda tool. Yes, seeing that it was on CNN threw me for a loop. Part of the reason for it was that I saw this news story when I checked the news on my cell phone, while waiting on a co-worker to show up earlier. That's a pretty big coincidence, don't you think? All I was stating in my post was a feeling of bafflement. It feels like a door opened up into the Twilight Zone.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Skid Mark because: spelling

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join