It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian people want to ellect a clown for congress. Angry politicians are conspiring against it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Next weekend is a huge election day in Brazil. All over the country, brazilians will have the right, nay, the OBLIGATION to vote and choose their candidates for:

-President
-Senator
-State Governor
-Federal Congressman
-State Congressman

Like in many other countries, politicians are not well known for being corrupt and worring more about power and money, than about the people they supposedly represent and work for.

This year, a public figure is being chosen by the brazilian people to represent both its protest against the dirty politicians and also because the people believe in the honesty of this public figure. I am talking about Tiririca, the Clown.

Tiririca's political website

According to the polls,Tiririca is expected to receive well over 1.000.000 votes in the state of São Paulo to be elected the most voted Federal Congressman of 2010, becoming one of the representatives in congress for the biggest and richest state in Brazil.

Tiririca's slogan is: "Vote Tiririca, pior que tá não fica.", which translates to "Vote for Tiririca, it can't get worse than it already is.". It rings true, it is funny and, well, it rhymes in portuguese.

His other famous phrase is: "Do you know what a Federal Congressman do? Neither do I. Vote for me and when I get there, I will tell you.". Another joke that speaks the truth. It's like he is telling the people "Why do we need so many politicians? What exactly is their job? Why are they so important? I will find out and I will tell you the truth from the inside!"

The people respond to that.

Now, comes the conspiracy. Tiririca is suffering all kinds of attacks. They want to stop him from running for congress. His popularity is angrying many politicians and political parties, since Tiririca is being launched by a weak political party with very few representatives. They are trying to turn Tiririca ineligible. Many are the accusations arising against Tiririca and others, as myself, are angry with these politicians. There is a good chance that the powerful lobby of those politicians will steal Tiririca's right to run for congress.

We want Tiririca the clown at congress. We want someone in there, who would be really representing us and telling us what he sees, what he hears. We want someone we can trust, even if that someone is a simple clown.

They accuse him of not being prepared for the job.Well, in my point of view, his job is to represent the people and that puts him more prepared then all the rest, since this is someone who actually cares about the people.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Tiririca is awesome!

I think we should elect a clown too. Oh, hold on we've already done that ... George W. Bush!

Seriously though, Tiririca really says a lot about the people of the world, who are starting to see through the career politician class.

join