It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The Gulf Stream To The Bloodstream Alert; Emergency Opening Of All Fishing East Of Mississippi!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The Media Is Complicit In The Coverup

What you are about to read is evidence of a giant coverup!
These are not amatuer blog postings, these are actual news stories buried.

Purposely!

Dont Let Them Get Away With This!

As The Gulf is recklessly reopened to fishing; unbelievable! Reports are in from scientists, fishermen, and biologists with information that the seafood is unsafe to eat!

Setember 25, 2010 Oil Soaked Crabs In Fish Catch

September 26, 2010, Scientists Discover High Levels Of Corexit In Crab Larvae

The same symptoms are being reported across the four hardest hit states. Rashes, bleeding, respiratory distress....
deaths www.examiner.com...

Acute Levels Of Heavy Metal Found By FDA

Spetember 21, 2010 Scientists Report Degraded Coats Sea Floor Of Gulf!

Degraded Oil From BP Gusher Coats The Ocean Floor!

the entire food web is at risk

The Mainstream Media is not reporting this!

Crude oil is composed of several highly toxic compounds, including light weight hydrocarbons, often referred to as “light-ends,” which can easily enter the atmosphere and invade the terrestrial environment. These lightweight hydrocarbons are classified as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), which can be tested in the blood, urine, breath, and sometimes tissues. The tests that were performed on several gulf coast residents indicated the presence of ethyl benzene, xylene, & hexane. While their toxicity is known, specific data on the dose and physiological responses to the aforementioned hydrocarbons is generally scarce in the scientific literature. Ethyl benzene is suspected by the International Agency for Research on Cancer to be a human carcinogen. Acute, high-exposure symptoms include eye irritation, upper respiratory irritation, and dizziness. Chronic exposure has resulted in irreversible inner ear damage and hearing loss, as well as severe kidney damage and cancer.

Xylene is metabolized into methylhippuric acid by the body. Studies on xylene toxicity have determined a potential relationship between gaseous exposure and the development of leukemia. The chemical is highly toxic to the central nervous system and manifests as dizziness, lack of coordination, and cognitive decline. Chronic exposure is also known to cause kidney failure. Studies on hexane toxicity are highly limited, but include evidence of neurological impairment manifest by decreased nerve conduction velocity. (CDC.gov)

These chemicals have the potential to cause both acute and chronic symptoms depending upon the dose and time frame of exposure. Thus, while low doses may not result in immediate and apparent symptoms, the cumulative nature of these toxins means that disease may still manifest years down the line if exposure occurs chronically. While many VOC’s are excreted very quickly, the human body is impacted with every dose, no matter how minuscule. When the impact of several tiny doses are combined, such as in people who are experiencing daily low-level exposure, the result can be detrimental. In addition to the direct impact of these specific VOC’s, many of them can be metabolized by the body and converted into other structurally distinct compounds, some of which are known to accumulate causing several different types of cancer, genetic damage, and birth defects. In essence, the health threat of chronic low-dose chemical toxicity is highly underestimated. Strict bio-monitoring and caution is required to prevent the potential unseen slaughter by a silent chemical killer.

These results prove that we are in an extremely dangerous situation, a bubble that is about to burst wide open.

projectgulfimpact

The oil spill, and our ensuing response, has created a darker and deadlier aftermath that will persist for decades. The difference is between a swift and lethal blow verses lingering end-stage cancer. Like the first stage of cancer, which often goes long-undetected, this aftermath is a slow, deadly creep. We are entering stage one of the Gulf residents’ proverbial “cancer”.

The residents of the Gulf of Mexico are entering a crisis whose scope cannot be calculated. Several symptoms have been reported, from subtle to severe: skin rashes and infections, upper respiratory burning, congestion and cough, headaches, nausea, vomiting, and neurological symptoms including short-term memory loss and coordination problems.

edit on 27-9-2010 by burntheships because: headline

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Xylene, toluene and the other light ends you talk about are also present in the burnt exhaust fumes from all motor vehicles. These light ends don't disappear during the refinery processes.
All exposure to hydrocarbon fumes (eg petrol sniffing, exhaust gases etc) are harmful to life.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Yes, and the EPA is all over emissions. Where is the EPA? Complicit with BP, The Government is a massive coverup.
The Gulf Sea Floor is coated in degrading oil, animals are dying, and the Gulf is reopened for fishing???

edit on 27-9-2010 by burntheships because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

True.

NO doubt there is a giant coverup going on. And no doubt they are reopening fishing for simply economic and public relation reasons. And no doubt that these toxins will make it through the entire food chain.

But on the other hand, the dangers of the airborne chemicals are greatly exaggerated. It is far more dangerous to stand at a busy intersection, or pump gas into your car than it is to breathe the Gulf air. These toxin are already a part of our daily life. The dispersants kept most of the toxins below the water's surface. The airborne chemicals do not compare with what we already breathe on a daily basis.

Cover up? YES
Foodchain toxicity? YES
Decades of damage? YES
Air quality? minimal and not important

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Air quality? minimal and not important

You are obviously in the loop - please tell us where you are getting your information.

Is this first hand experience or are you employed by BP?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you! I am shocked by this, just take a look at this video of contaminated oil soaked crabs recently caught!
Its sickening.

Well these crab fishermen down off the coast of St. Bernard Parish are thinking that their is still something wrong. Something so wrong that a fisherman with over 60 years experience has never seen or smelled anything like the crabs that are being caught.

anipalinfo.com...
Check out this video from the FOX 8 News station and see what is going on.
GULF FISHERMEN CATCHING DYING, COREXITY, OIL-SOAKED CRABS!! STATE COVERING IT UP!!

The fishermen contacted a bioligist, and made an appointment to have the crabs tested. When the bioligist did not show up, the fishermen called him. You know what happened? The biologists superior stopped him from coming!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagatell

Air Quality Map and Index
Explanation of AQI for the link above

That is a decent source for air quality readings. There are many sites available both government and private. I have been watching several, but my links are on my work computer and I am at home right now. The worst quality so far has been around the Mobile Bay and Tampa Bay areas, and I don't think it is related to the spills.

I live on the Gulf Coast in the Florida Panhandle, that is why I have been watching.

I am also participating with another ATSer Cloudsinthesky has an excellent project going. Here is his website for water testing. Test The Rain

Through that website I have also met some people here in the panhandle that run aquariums, dive, and do research. I have learned a lot by staying involved here. In my opinion, the water and sealife problems are far worse than we are seeing on the news, and they will last for decades, and the full effects won't be known for 20 years or more. It is going to be devastating, but it will take a few breeding seasons and generations of sealife to really see the full effect. The only thing I am not worried about (so far) is the air quality. Although, I have noticed a huge increase in people having breathing problems, attacks, and leaving work in ambulances. I think it is more stress related than air related though. I think the bad news, the bad economy, and the loss of the solace we used to find at the beach is taking its toll on people locally. It is a truly saddening experience.

edit on 27-9-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
response to burntheships:

I suggest you try and measure the presence of these light ends with a gas analyser when standing on a beach with an onshore wind. I bet you won't find anything at all.
Contaminated seafood is another issue, but that is more likely contaminated with the heavy sludge left over after the emulsification of oil in the water. That emulsification would have happened with or without Corexit.
It seems to me however that what spewed out of the Deepwater well was something other than "normal" crude oil.
I have been in the oil transportation business since 1980 and have never seen "red" crude oil. There was something else coming out of that well together with the oil.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Look at the guilty face on the reporter, how long before all networks begin to give the go ahead for the truth to be told or be held responsible for the sickness and death of humans as well as animals?

This is so ugly.

new topics

top topics

join