It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Advice On Possible Haunting/Paranormal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If any of you know me, you know I'm a hardcore skeptic on just about everything. However, this involves a friend of mine at work and ATS was the first place I thought to come when she told me about this.

My coworker just showed me a bunch of pics at her house with orbs if varrying locations in different rooms in the house. My first reaction was that it was the flash reflecting off dust particles and other things. However, she showed me one orb that when you zoom into it it looks just like a babies face (I'm trying to get her to send me the pics in soft copy so I can upload to show you). She also told me that in the past two days her two dogs have woken from a dead sleep and started growling and barking at the same spot with their hair up and tails tucked. She's also said that a door has closed unexpectedly and strange noises in the house, always around 11:05 PM. This has been going on for the past few weeks. Her house is new, built four years ago, don't know any history on the land.

Now to the question. She is going today to buy some sage to burn in the house on advice from friends. I know nothing, NOTHING, about anything paranormal (nor do I really believe in most of it), but I told her I would seek advice from the people (YOU) that do know about this stuff and ask what you suggest she do. She's not looking to have someone come into the house, she's wanting some do-it-yourself tips and tricks.

Any advice is much appreciated.

**Mods, if this isn't the correct place for this, please move.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sage is a very good thing to burn, she got good advice.

Put a line of sea salt on every entrance of the house, doors, windows etc. Also, burn a white candle in each room to bring a more optimistic brightness into the house. Watch out, don't burn your curtains down!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Advice is difficult, everyone is different as are most hauntings. It sounds like it's still very early, something may be just "passing through" so I'd say a little more time is needed. The sage is not a bad place to start, whenever I move into a house I always have a house blessing, but that's me.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks you two, have another question from here:

ask them if the Fall Equinox and the Harvest Moon last week could increase activity, specifically Thursday and Friday at 11:05pm.

edit on 9/27/2010 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The residents may get some answers by trying an EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) session. Using the best audio recording device available to them, they sit quietly late at night and begin asking questions, leaving a pause of 15 to 20 seconds in between. Questions like, "can you make a noise or do something to verify your presence here?", "what is your name?", "Are you someone who lived on or near this property?", etc. Then play back the recordings to see if there is any answer. Since spirit entities have no vocal chords, responses will sound like whispers. If there are any responses, you definitely have activity there. More clues would come from a local historian or library to research background on the property's history.

If there is really paranormal events going on there, the odds are it is completely benevolent and does not pose a danger to anyone. However, if it becomes particularly bothersome or there are unnerving responses on the EVP recording the residents should consult their church clergy or a professional medium to explore ways to expel the entity from the premises.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So far, you haven't really described any activity that could be deemed as threatening....is there really a need for a cleansing? The procedures already outlined above are the most common though, if you do it.

A rodent in the walls may be a better explanation though.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on what your friend wants to do. It doesnt sound like anything dangerous, so living in harmony with whatever is there would be my suggestion. Burning sage is a native cleanser, but also to tick off spirits is not a good idea. Something not hostle could become so if it knows you want it gone and it does not want to leave.

My own intuition though is telling me that the ground this house is built on has a lot to do with it. She needs to research the area and find out what happened there prior to the house being built. Go back about 200 years. The picture in my mind is that of early to mid 1800's.

As far as it being seasonal, thats possible I suppose, as anything is possible when it comes to spirit.

Please keep us updated

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What she is doing is smudging. Have your friend burn sage and sweetgrass TOGETHER if possible. Make sure she knows never to burn sweetgrass by itself. Sage removes impurities and banishes evil, and also provides protection. It does not anger spirits. Sweetgrass will attract all spirits/energies, but burned in conjunction with sage it will only attract the good. (Plus, the smell of burning sweetgrass is delightful!)

When lighting the herbs, a nice, constant flow of smoke should do. You don't need a raging inferno! She can think good thoughts, pray, or even chant or sing while smudging the house to raise good energies.

Now for the smudging itself. Make sure she smudges herself first, then the home. She will move throughout the home, starting at the entrance and moving counterclockwise through the house. Make sure not to miss any corners.

Also, have her let the spirit know it is dead and ask the spirit to go "into the light" or "go to god." Anything of the sort will do.

Make sure to follow fire safety rules!

new topics

top topics

join