It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pulled out a 3/4 inch wire from my lower jaw!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I may be the only person in history that actually liked having a root canal

You sir are crazy
. I think you should be in history books 500 years from now

Ontopic,

I sure hope it wasn't part of a tool that snapped off and got stuck there. It does look like something designed to keep the tooth in place, the notches could be for the gums and bone to grip on.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I see where you're going with this, loc.

To the OP: Have you tried hypnosis? Do you ever remember an owl staring at you upon awaking promply at 3;33 in the morning? Have you ever experienced time gaps?

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you'll be fine NOW!
use oregano oil if needed for ache (caused by bacteria , not injury itself) and it will fill in the damage...that's a reamer allright not a rebar! good thing you're tough!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OMG!!! Get to a dentist TODAY!!!

get documentation of it via xray before the area closes up.

Get an Attorney and stop worring about finances ever again. I would!!!

Fracking el, has it been painful? I just am stunned.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I hope you are not in a lot of pain.

Listen to Badger, see a doctor, any doctor that can get you on antibotics and make sure you see a competent dentist. When you do bring "the thing" and show him/her it. Inquire about it and let us know. I'm curous as to why that would be in your mouth like that.?

Infections are serious business and it is in the head / skull bucket.

I'm not a dentist so I don't know but that doesn't look like it should have been where you pulled it out from.

Again, I wouldn't just leave your mouth like it is and forget about it - see someone that can make sure you don't have or get an infection like asap.

Best of luck.

Gargle with hydrogen peroxide several times a day. Really swish it in your mouth - get a sonic toothbrush and battery flosser..........they are an invaluable tool in dental hygene.

Hygrogen Peroxide is a miracle liquid. Since using it, along with my toothpaste twice a day I haven't had a cavity in 20 years. (And my teeth aren't that good, gene wise).

edit on 27-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OMG in there for 11 years! See a dentist right away, be sure they take xrays as a tiny sliver could be left in there and yes by all means get it pulled out and say good bye. If you could track down the dentist that did this I would defintely call and tell them what happened - email them the pics! Hope you are doing much better soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

What in sam heck is a reamer?

I am afraid to google that one to find out.

edit on 27-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Agreed, contact the old Dr and let him know!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Good reply and beautiful kitty.............if it's yours give him/her a kiss for me. (And I'm a dog person).

God I miss having a animal companion.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

200 PSI - yea that shoulda told ya something was wrong

Now I can't stop thinking of my prior dental experiences - had my wisdom teeth pulled out - woke up to a totally bruised face and the largest "Chipmunk at Thanksgiving" cheeks ever! Had it done at a dental school - don't go to a dental school!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you and yes thats my precious Simba!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One of the books on Buddhism I have says that you should try to have dental work done without anaesthetic in order to learn to detach yourself from the pain...

Needless to say I never took that particular bit of advice on board

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I really don't like going to the dentist.

I'm sorry that you had to put up with that pain.

I had a porcelain crown break on me once and there was a wire poking into the underside of my tongue. I tried to bend it but it was some sort of spring steel. I finally managed to clip it off with wire cutters for relief until I could get in during normal hours. It reminded me of the scene out of 12 monkeys where the the main character pulls his tooth, so they can't track him any longer.

Needless to say I will never get a porcelain crown again, unless it is in the front. Unlike gold, porcelain will eventually crack & break.

Note: I always wondered if some dentist are non-humans who implant devices while fixing our teeth. I once had a dentist that I swear his assistant was not human.

edit on 28-9-2010 by verylowfrequency because: gr

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Painful

You do not really need any sort of mouthwash unless you like the taste of it.
A tablespoon of salt and some warm water will do. Preferably directly in the wound. A plastic syringe with curved tip. is the easiest way do so.

When I got my wisdom teeth removed I had a hole the size mount everest and my dentist as well as my jaw surgeon advised this to me.

till you should see a DR.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That looks like the anchor for a root canal. I imagine it is stainless steel (non magnetic 304 type). You said you had had a canal done, was waiting for a cap?? That piece of 'wire' anchors to your jaw and is bound to a chunk of mercury silver amalgam. Over this goes the cap. None of these mean shi7 of course, since dentists are really not bringing forth their best work these days. A root canal and cap is good for about 5-10 years.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It is what they use to destroy the nerve in the tooth, I have had them used on me before, if this got stuck, then it penetrated the end of the tooth and you are lucky that he never removed it. If he had, you would have certainly suffered from some sort of permanent jaw paralysis, from the filling pushing through the tooth into the gum. Forget any suggestions of taking the dentist to court, dentists have a special sort of insurance, which they are proud to show off to give patients a sense of security. The only problem with that is the insurance only protects the dentist from legal action costs and offers NO protection to the patient. Once a tooth has had a root canal it should be crowned in the next visit, as it looses all integrity very soon after, the initial filling is only a soft temporary filling, so that it is easy to remove for the crown post to be fitted a few days later. If it lasted all of those years I am amazed, if you removed it yourself, I am even more amazed, if you don't very soon get a serious infection and abcess, which if untreated could very soon lead to blood poisoning, I will be staggered. It is not an Alien implant, so if you really did have this in your tooth, seek dental help asap, no amount of mouthwash will stop an internal infection from developing.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
It is what they use to destroy the nerve in the tooth, I have had them used on me before, if this got stuck, then it penetrated the end of the tooth and you are lucky that he never removed it. If he had, you would have certainly suffered from some sort of permanent jaw paralysis, from the filling pushing through the tooth into the gum. Forget any suggestions of taking the dentist to court, dentists have a special sort of insurance, which they are proud to show off to give patients a sense of security. The only problem with that is the insurance only protects the dentist from legal action costs and offers NO protection to the patient. Once a tooth has had a root canal it should be crowned in the next visit, as it looses all integrity very soon after, the initial filling is only a soft temporary filling, so that it is easy to remove for the crown post to be fitted a few days later. If it lasted all of those years I am amazed, if you removed it yourself, I am even more amazed, if you don't very soon get a serious infection and abcess, which if untreated could very soon lead to blood poisoning, I will be staggered. It is not an Alien implant, so if you really did have this in your tooth, seek dental help asap, no amount of mouthwash will stop an internal infection from developing.

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread of mine. I am happy to report that the tooth collapsed and is no longer! I have a small concave portion left and with a needle I can still feel the entrance hole that the wire/anchor went into. No pain, no discomfort except if I eat a potato chip (homemade of course).

I will let you know if I die! LOL Seriously, at this point I am certain that Spirit wanted that darned thing out of my jaw. I lost a ton of weight this past year and I have never been healthier; I did lose another tooth similarly where it just collapse (non-root canal but filled). I guess I am at that snaggle-toothed age where the ladies will take a second look! LOL

At least the smile is still perfect, these were both further back.

Now if I can convince my knees to stay on!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I believe its too late to take legal action since it happened 11+ years ago. I had a root canal about 6-8 months ago and it wasn't that bad. In fact I'm gonna get a crown in July.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just had the very same experience .... A tooth that was already broken... broke a little more an i felt something funny with my tongue an began moving it around... Grabbed a pair of tweezers an yanked it out... Its identical to the one this guy pulled out of his mouth.... this just happened 15 minutes ago

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join