It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pulled out a 3/4 inch wire from my lower jaw!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Recently this year I lost a filling, it was actually suppose to have a "cap" over it but the Dentist at the time never contacted me for a reschedule. I subsequently moved some months afterward and forgot about it.

It was 11 years ago, and I had lost a small filling in this tooth, I presented it to a Dentist in Houston, TX, and he informed me that he would need to do a root-canal on it instead. I agreed. He never gave me any indication that anything was amiss. I never was rescheduled for the "crown" or "cap" and I moved and also lost my dental coverage.

This tooth has always been a sort of sore spot for me. For years I would find myself grinding it against my other teeth because of an internal ache. It never made sense to me why it would ache if indeed the entire root was removed. I always suspected that some living nerve cells survived and either "remapped" themselves or they never were "disconnected".

Getting to now! Some time this year I lost the filling that was on this tooth from 11 years ago. It didn't hurt to lose it but I have been constantly digging "food" matter out of it with each bite. Frustrating that I have gone through two boxes of toothpicks in such a short time, but I considered a hole in a tooth as a low priority in my life.

This weekend I was eating some hard candy and "snap" the tooth broke completely in half (the back half towards my tongue). Using my tongue I could feel the center and it was very sharp. I looked at it with a mirror and there is something shiny sticking out of the center of the "scalloped" tooth. It looked odd and I thought maybe it was part of the old amalgam from years prior to my root canal. I took a pair of hemostats and I could get it to bend back and forth just like metal, wow, it is metal! So I clamped down on it and thought to myself should I just twist it until it breaks free or should I yank it. I yanked it!

WHAM! Like a jolt of lightning it pulled out with the oddest electrical feeling I can describe. It took my brute force to get to "let go" and when it did my own weight threw me back a step or two.

This is what came out of my tooth!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f0707e704c8.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a close-up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52e6d3139188.jpg[/atsimg]

It is a Dental File!! OMG! For 11 years I have been carrying around a dental file that was "accidentally" left in my jaw!

At first I thought that it might be some kind of anchoring device, but I managed to find this web-page below that describes the Root Canal Process, and it also mentions that one of the most stressful times for any Dental Office is when a dental file "breaks off" in the canal of a tooth. It recommends that an orthopedic doctor be advised immediately because this could complicate the jaw bone in the extraction process. The tooth at this point is likely lost upon retrieval.

Retrieving Broken Files

The picture on that site clearly shows this is a file based on the "drill-like" markings on it.

OK, well what do you know! I am still in a bit of shock over it all! The tooth felt absolutely perfect after I pulled it out but the inner gum was a bit sore. Today I can sense a soreness welling down into the tooth at the bone. I am realizing this is probably what will result in an infection because any "opening" into the inner body, especially the bone, can cause problems and I now have a perfect needle-sized hole running down the length of the root into my jaw, as it is known that the pulp to the root itself is not singular but connects each tooth like a rope or tether of sorts. (probably not the best description)

I made some phone calls and I am going to try to get to see a dentist soon, I am thinking complete tooth extraction and saying, "the heck with it", but then I think that I had best get some sort of x-ray to determine if indeed my jaw might be experiencing the early stages of "bone degradation". Yikes! There is a distinct "bump" on the inner jaw right near to this spot and no bump exists on the opposite position to make me think "natural lump/bump".

Now I am thinking I had best seek some partial "legal advice", but then I see this all as counter to positive things, and good things, counter to what I refer to as "Great Spirit". Heck, I cannot even remember the dentist's name. He obviously either forgot or intentionally left this in there without telling me, either or it was his responsibility, mine was only to suck gas for several hours! LOL Where is that Gas now! LOL

Thought I would share, I also hope this means that the voices will finally stop! (inside ATS humor)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They are getting more and more creative with these alien implants.

Take care of yourself. Infection in your jaw is likely to spread and aint too far from the old skull bucket.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
They are getting more and more creative with these alien implants.

Take care of yourself. Infection in your jaw is likely to spread and aint too far from the old skull bucket.

LOL, well I am sure my bucket could use some fillin! LOL Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Your best bet for fighting back infection for the moment is to frequently use mouthwash, and to keep you hand away from your mouth. Seems obvious, but it is easily forgotten. Plus I know there is types of gum that clean bacteria from your mouth, so maybe try that (if it isn't too painful, of course).

As for legal action, I dunno where you stand. It's pretty serious, because the dentist must've known it was still in your mouth when you left his surgeory. But who knows.

Best of luck to you though mate

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Aren't there detailed records of everything done to our mouths kept somewhere? Whoever lost this knew about it. I hate dentists btw.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not usually squeamish, but the idea of pulling that wire out of your jaw kind of got to me

With regard to the legal thing, I noticed that in the article you linked to it includes leaving the broken file in the canal as a legitimate way of dealing with it ("The dentist can attempt to instrument and then to obturate around the broken file"). If it was me, I would ask the new dentist what they think of the situation before going to a lawyer.

I hope you can get in to see the dentist soon -- I would think this would definitely qualify as a "dental emergency".

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeesh...

I had a strange electric feeling over my face when I was getting my wisdoms pulled years ago. It was while the dentist was jabbing/jiggling the needle under my tongue to anesthetize my mouth. I'd compare the feeling to having a frayed high power wire brushed back and forth over my face, and it was terrible.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fortunately it is most like stainless surgical steel so that is in your favor...but i would be doing salt water rinses...not pleasent but does help to prevent infection...Interesting story at your expense though...now i am sure there must be a record of it somewhere....even if it is 11yrs ago. Also if it is part of what has cause the recent tooth failure i would think there is a case to be made there.
but you could post under the alien implants forum and i am sure you would get a great many responses.
Now if it was me personally i might take the attitude to go find the dentist and shove it up his/her a£$ and see if he likes it in there for the next 11yrs.
I mean they would have surely known that it was not on his tool anymore.
hope you get it all worked out.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Having dental "issues" of my own at the moment I sympathize with you and found your story horrific..

I do not have alot to add other than I IMPLORE you to seek medical attention to treat the possible infection, you DO NOT want that going Septic. At the moment your best bet is to rinse alot with a mild mouthwash or if it is to sore use luke warm salt water. But seriously for your own health please see a physician.

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It happened 11 years ago, and not once did it show up on a dental X-ray and get questioned? I'm not doubting you, but it sure seems as if SOMEbody, SOMEwhere along the line would have noticed this and pointed it out to you. My dentist x-rays the whole works once every couple years or so.
Good luck with your new hole. (ok, strangest thing I've ever wished someone good luck for)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When I had route canal done ages ago, I could see in the mirror light thingy above my head. And after drilling into a root, they put what looked like what's in your picture in the hole. It was like a little pin with a flattened bit on top, i think the fattened bits were coloured. I presumed it was to keep a mark on the holes, so they don't drill the same one or something. I think i remember them taking them out too.
(hope they're not still there) maybe your dentist left one in by mistake?

Does anyone in the dental trade know of an object which you put into the holes you've drilled on a route canal? This should be easily identifiable.

PS, sue your dentist

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Are you sure it isn't a Pin to anchor the tooth, they look like that as well and they have the same lumps or a thread to stop the tooth from slipping.

This is why I hate dentists

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wouldnt sue, I'd just make the dentist pay for and surgical work that must be done
Why is everyone sue happy nowadays???

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7702d606119.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm guessing it's a post not a pin

Home dentistry is never a good idea

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the the post they put in during a root canal to anchor the tooth since once the nerve is gone, the root becomes brittle and needs a stabilizer.

I had a root canal about 13 years ago and the idiot dentist didn't put a post in. I grind my teeth at night and since there was no post in there, I cracked the root without knowing it. It turned into an abscess much like the bump you are talking about. When I went to the dentist, he told me it was nothing. Six months later it has ballooned in size and my new dentist had to go in there and do an apicoectomy. That dentist screwed it up and now I have to have an implant done (it is a visible tooth).

I hate dentists and would advocate taking them to court at the drop of a hat, but this really does sound and look like the post they put in after the nerve is removed. As for the abscess, you need to get that taken care of quick because it will eat the bone and affect the surrounding teeth if left too long.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh yes, I agree, home dentistry should be the last thing that anyone does; to be honest I would have never fathomed this was attached in this manner. I really thought this was hanging on superficially. I guess the 200 psi that I had to exert should have told me something! LOL

I am happy to know that it is gone. I will seek out a Dentist, tomorrow I get in line to process myself I am on a "first come, first serve" basis.

I have some peroxide soaked cotton to place there for now and I will be doing rinses. Maybe I will go cut some jalapeno peppers which will tell me if I am sticking my fingers in there.

I still think it is a file rather than a post. I would think the disposition of the darned thing should have been my call not the dentist's. Had he said Opps! I would have advised him to take the tooth out as an extraction rather than a root canal. My crooked smile would have never noticed a thing!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38ac0af8ccde.jpg[/atsimg]
Looks like a e3 to me or possibly a bit of a e3d
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc9ce4e2001b.jpg[/atsimg]
but this is a root canal post

Not sure but looks more likely a file bit.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm changing my mind on this one...

It does indeed look more like a file then a post

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bc4966bd44b.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as I can see it's common practice to just fill over them but the dentist should have told you!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm changing my mind on this one...

It does indeed look more like a file then a post

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bc4966bd44b.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as I can see it's common practice to just fill over them but the dentist should have told you!

I sort of get a cold sweat looking at how long those are! LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I sort of get a cold sweat looking at how long those are! LOL

I was dreading my root canal... But once I was comfortable and had all the anaesthetic those things I thought were quite enjoyable lol... Seriously I could feel how far they were going in with those file things and the amount of effort the dentist was using, she was properly rasping out bone kinda deep into my upper jaw!!

I may be the only person in history that actually liked having a root canal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join