It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US State Dept Confirms: Obama “NOT” a US Citizen Prior to & in 1968; UPDATE: Important historica

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

"Where is it stated in the constitution that a muslim cannot be voted into office? In fact, where does the constitution state the President must be a christian? "

Of course it does NOT say that but to be President one must be a natural born US citizen.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You make a good point. However, if Obama runs for re election perhaps the citizens will say the system is flawed by not voting for him.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Of course it does NOT say that but to be President one must be a natural born US citizen.

You cannot be a natural born US Muslim? That is going to upset a lot of my Muslim friends that were

BORN IN THE USA!

I have to wonder if people even know what being Muslim means some times on ATS.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Let me ask you guys this.

If a Muslim can be elected President then what does that say about our SYSTEM.

What if Obama is apart of a sleeper CELL?

You do realize this is IDENTICAL rhetoric that was bandied about when John F. Kennedy was elected?
The first Catholic?

The issue persisted throughout the campaign. As in 1928, bigots and extremists on the right continued to issue warnings that the Pope would be governing America if Kennedy were elected. Anti-Catholic tracts were distributed to millions of homes, along with radio and TV attacks and countless mailings. Kennedy won by the barest of margins…

books.google.com...=onepage&q=catholic%20discrimi nation%20kennedy&f=false

As a matter of fact...none of this anti-muslim rhetoric is original...

Anti-Catholic animus in the United States reached a peak in the nineteenth century when the Protestant population became alarmed by the influx of Catholic immigrants.

Some American Protestants, having an increased interest in prophecies regarding the end of time, claimed that the Catholic Church was the Whore of Babylon in the Book of Revelation. The resulting "nativist" movement, which achieved prominence in the 1840s, was whipped into a frenzy of anti-Catholicism that led to mob violence, the burning of Catholic property, and the killing of Catholics.

for example, The Philadelphia Nativist Riot, Bloody Monday, the Orange Riots in New York City in 1871 and 1872, and The Ku Klux Klan-ridden South discriminated against Catholics. This violence was fed by claims that Catholics were destroying the culture of the United States. The nativist movement found expression in a national political movement called the Know-Nothing Party of the 1850s, which (unsuccessfully) ran former president Millard Fillmore as its presidential candidate in 1856.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't ask a great deal of my fellow patriots...just that they remember our past...we paid for those lessons with the blood and suffering of Americans...we should be wise enough not to forget.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Otherwise we would have locked up every German Descendant in the USA that WWII Germany decided to declare thiers..

You probably didn't get the memo, so here's a a report:

German internment in America in WWII

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe that the real point of the thread is being forgotten.

The real point is that Americans don't have any idea of who Obama is. All documents that would shed light on his history is somehow sealed.

Birthers have a right to investigate the eligibilty of Obama as well as anyone else here investigating any conspiracy.

If something isn't fishy about the whole Obama mystery then how do you explain his sister Maya being born in Indonesia and holds a Hawaiian certificate of live birth?

Obamas half sister maya soetoro ,born in Jakarta indonesia,HAS A HAWAII CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH ALSO !! TIME TO FESS UP BARRY?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Agreed. Vote the man out. But for people to think Congress would open up a can of worms about Obama's heritage is total lunacy. They won't do it! Even if they tried then every reporter in America would start looking into everyone's lineage.

No way would they let that happen. The Office of the Presidency is way more important than admitting someone was elected illegally. Nixon was sacrificed to show the world our constitution works. We couldn't deny his illegalities in face of the mountain of evidence that was presented. So they threw the man under the bus.

They can't throw Obama under the bus. That would mean our system is way wrong. They won't do it! They won't do it! They will never EVER do it!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I believe that the real point of the thread is being forgotten.

The real point is that Americans don't have any idea of who Obama is. All documents that would shed light on his history is somehow sealed.

Birthers have a right to investigate the eligibilty of Obama as well as anyone else here investigating any conspiracy.

If something isn't fishy about the whole Obama mystery then how do you explain his sister Maya being born in Indonesia and holds a Hawaiian certificate of live birth?

Obamas half sister maya soetoro ,born in Jakarta indonesia,HAS A HAWAII CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH ALSO !! TIME TO FESS UP BARRY?

The first few Presidents weren't born here. Matter of fact, most if not all, didn't even want a democracy. They wanted an Aristocracy.

PS....where is YOUR birth certificate? This man still has civil liberties no? Why does he have to prove his citizenship to YOU when you won't prove it to him or US?

edit on 29-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is crazy! So Obama knew he wasn't American but ran for President? Somehow, they covered up the fact he wasn't born here right?

That's a pretty big gamble don't you think? Why wouldn't the Clinton's expose Obama for the Kenyan he is then? You guys actually think Bill and Hillary would allow a Kenyan to beat them in the primaries?

You think the Clinton's would allow a Kenyan to run for the highest elected office in the land? Oh wait, he was already a Senator right? So that should tell you those worms will never leave that can. We would have to admit he was elected to office in Chicago illegally. That makes all his votes in Illinois illegal no?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Otherwise we would have locked up every German Descendant in the USA that WWII Germany decided to declare thiers..

You probably didn't get the memo, so here's a a report:

German internment in America in WWII

Rounding up German Aliens present in the USA in times of war...not our finest hour by any stretch, but not to be confused with American Citizens of german descent either.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Realistically he'll be out of office in 2 years, and republicans will gain control of the house and senate soon, thus neutering him.

Let it go.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by gem_man

Agreed. Vote the man out. But for people to think Congress would open up a can of worms about Obama's heritage is total lunacy. They won't do it! Even if they tried then every reporter in America would start looking into everyone's lineage.

No way would they let that happen. The Office of the Presidency is way more important than admitting someone was elected illegally. Nixon was sacrificed to show the world our constitution works. We couldn't deny his illegalities in face of the mountain of evidence that was presented. So they threw the man under the bus.

They can't throw Obama under the bus. That would mean our system is way wrong. They won't do it! They won't do it! They will never EVER do it!

Then they are cowards, plain and simple.

Vote the lot of 'em out.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The first few Presidents weren't born here. Matter of fact, most if not all, didn't even want a democracy. They wanted an Aristocracy.

Section II, Article 1, US Constitution:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The part in bold answers that allegation nicely. As a point of fact, NONE of the "first few presidents" was born in the United States, since the US didn't exist at the time of their birth. Because of that, I won't ask which of them you think were "furriners".

PS....where is YOUR birth certificate? This man still has civil liberties no? Why does he have to prove his citizenship to YOU when you won't prove it to him or US?

Mine was destroyed in a courthouse fire, BUT, I have a COLB, if you want to see that... but you'll have to vote for me for president afterwards...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh wait, he was already a Senator right? So that should tell you those worms will never leave that can. We would have to admit he was elected to office in Chicago illegally. That makes all his votes in Illinois illegal no?

If that were the case, then yes, all his votes under those circumstances would be invalid. That's not the case, though. Eligibility requirements for senators, representative, and state governors, etc, are different than presidential eligibility requirements.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Rounding up German Aliens present in the USA in times of war...not our finest hour by any stretch, but not to be confused with American Citizens of german descent either.

Did you read the page? I was probably thrown off by these excerpts:

the internment of German Americans has been forgotten and ignored.

The eventual internment of over 10,000 people of German ancestry

The Bureau is, at the present time, preparing a list of individuals, both aliens and citizens of the United States, on whom there is information available to indicate that their presence at liberty in this country in time of war or national emergency would be dangerous to the public peace and the safety of the United States Government.

It should be stressed that the above includes "citizens" as well.

Also, in a Hoover memorandum listing "individuals who are being considered for custodial detention" sent to the INS on 8 December, the number of American Citizens thought to be "sympathetic to Germany" was given at 1,391 (over twice the number of German aliens, which was 636) and American Citizens sympathetic to Italy at 77. Again, citizens, not aliens as the act covers.

Again, it is understandable to some extent during a time of war, but such disregard for basic rights (particularly to those who were US citizens and supposedly guaranteed those rights) based not on actions taken but on where someone or someone's relatives were born and what the government was afraid that person might do gives pause at the very least.

It also did not apply to "diplomatic or consular representatives." This doesn't change the fact that there were American citizens interned—a memorandum dated the following day discussed what to do if the FBI wanted certain "persons taken into custody who were American citizens." The names would be given to Assistant Attorney General Wendell Berge so he could "determine if there was any basis for arresting them"

Yeah, I'm sure I was thrown off by reading the fine print...

edit on 2010/9/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Under your strict scrutiny then the Governator can run for President right?

Is he not a citizen of this country?

Is so then he can run right?

Your bold text only PROVES what I am saying. If the Governator was black he wouldn't be Governor of California right now. He would be lifting weights at the local gym.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Can Arnold run for President? No he can't according to LAW. So the strawman argument doesn't hold water here. He was a citizen AFTER the constitution was formed. But we are told he can't run.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I would love to see the Republicans try and impeach the President, I hope they succeed. You don't need a birth certificate or lack of one to know that BHO wasn't born here. He doesn't seem to care for the American people the way a natural born citizen would. The disaster in the Gulf is a case in point.How long did it take him to show that he cared?

You mean like how Bush handled Katrina, huh?

The OP should learn to understand what he is reading before he posts something he clearly doesn't get as proof of something. The only proof in this thread is that the OP has seriously jeopardized his own credibility and I will now no longer take anything he posts seriously.

Admit you screwed up and move on. Posting nonsensical youtube videos that have nothing to do with the topic do nothing to improve your credibility. They make you look foolish.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join