It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear-armed Pakistan takes over as chair of IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Nuclear-armed Pakistan takes over as chair of IAEA

Seen by many as a rogue nuclear state, Pakistan on Monday ironically became the head of the governing body of the UN nuclear watchdog--International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). In an election at a special one-day meeting in Vienna, IAEA's 35-member board of governors appointed Pakistan Atomic

What a crazy world we live in. Pakistan who is not a signing member of the NNPT is now going to head the IAEA. Sweet, where do I sign up for Greenpeace?

Does this strike anybody as odd?

I'd better stop there before they send the guys in the white suits for me and stick me in one of those padded cells.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I had a laugh when I read this this morning. That's like having the fox gaurd the henshouse.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
IAEA lost its credebility since the Iraq war and everyone knows its turned into a massive joke since than.

And when something turns into a joke, its better left to the jokers to handle.

Regarding Pakistan's nukes, US probably has more control over it than Pakistanis that's why it will never become a 'nuclear threat'.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is another perspective.

Pakistan Selected to Lead IAEA Governing Board

Pakistan has refused to sign the NPT accord and has a history of nuclear proliferation through the country's former chief nuclear weapons scientist, Abdul Qadeer Khan (Associated Press/Google News, Sept. 27)....

Following today's consensus vote, Parvez defended his country as a "very law-abiding member" of the nuclear watchdog agency.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Regarding Pakistan's nukes, US probably has more control over it than Pakistanis that's why it will never become a 'nuclear threat'.

Heh, yeah, say that to India...

Anyway, Slayer, it's critical that you pointed out the fact that Pakistan hasn't signed the NPT. They might as well have appointed Kim from NK.

Truly bizarre man, can the world get any crazier? And so what happened to the Japanese guy?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That is amazing isn't it?
I still can't figure out how that got passed?!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
4 countries haven't signed the NNPT: India, Pakistan, NK and israel.

I thought israel would have had more of a chance to head IAEA outa them four.

But than again can't imagine IAEA sending in inspectors to Iran headed by 'zionists' to check out ahmadinejad's wardrobe.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Giving this thread a shameless bump then off into the abyss...

top topics

join