It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by number38

YAY!

And I just want to go on record that I am NOT gay!!! This is just a vicious rumor started by all of the men that I've slept with!

...Now what to wear tonight...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Some argue that the whole idea of a "gay gene" must be wrong because homosexuality is "unnatural". They believe that homosexual behavior contradicts the real purpose of sex, which is reproduction. Or, in the words of a fundamentalist Christian critic who doesn't believe in evolution, our research must be wrong because it goes against the basic principles of "animal husbandry".

Source: Living With Our Genes: Why they matter more than you think. Dean Hamer and Peter Copeland, Macmillan, 1998, p.198.
Here the authors discuss their telling genetic research (although they admit that sexual orientation is not a single gene and that looking for this is like looking for a needle in a haystack in Kansas). On the other hand they did find links suggesting a genetic component, even from very basic research.
They do mention some of the hysterical hate-mail to their work, as above.

So I'd say YEAH!
Just have safe-sex, whether gay or straight, or abstain until love pops around.

Although I'm vegetarian and love animals, going out in some leather items is always good.
If the latest excuse to hate us is "animal husbandry" we might as well go heeya-heeya ho!

But what can one expect from religious sub-cultures that even tried to control masturbation?
The image of the "homosexual monster" was created for a reason and it needs to exist as a counter-point to "healthy" masculinity.
If mainstream culture didn't have gays it would have to invent them.
How tragic that we often fall into the tragic roles they create for us.
It's time we denied homophobic ignorance.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hey, tenth,

First, love yourself - I can hear you going no no no.

Let me tell you a true story - I lived on Mykonos for a long time - a lot of gays were my friends.

And what I taught my gay friends was this:

1. Love yourself.

2. Respect yourself.

3. Respect others.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthlieshere

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What I think: Everyone needs to mind their own darn business and butt out of everyone else's business in regards to what CONSENTING ADULTS chose to do with their relationships.

You're right that what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is nobody else's business. The problem with homosexuals is that many of them are making it other people's business by affecting those in society who do not engage in the practice.

Children as young as kindergarten age are being taught that all aspects of bisexuality and homosexuality are acceptable. When a high-risk lifestyle is portrayed as normal to a young, impressionable mind, would you as the guardian of the child tolerate this behavior?

"Homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the US. Since homosexuals make up 2% of the population, 1 in 20 is a child molester compared to 1 in 490 for heterosexuals." - Psychological Reports, 1986

"73% of all homosexuals have had sex with boys under 19 years old." - Jay and Young. The Gay Report, 1979

"Many homosexuals admit that they are pedophiles. The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality” - San Francisco Sentinel, March 27, 1992.

These statistics are completely false and are clearly designed to support hateful, false and dehumanising stereotypes about gay people. The sick minds are the ones who produce this kind of material, which may cause attention to be taken away from the fact that the great majority of sexual abuse is committed by heterosexual males within the victims family or known to the family. Failure to focus on the reality behind sexual abuse puts children at risk, which is what these stats do.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i have no "issues" each to there own i say , who cares , as in its sex , its nobody eles business :S

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by truthlieshere

All these points and statistics are incorrect, or highly dubious.
Some basic research shows that NAMBLA was not considered a pedophile organization at first, but that it was perceived (and presented itself) as challenging inconsistencies in gay/straight ages of consent.
However, as these inconsistencies (which gave older hetero men rights to younger females) largely vanished, the aims of NAMBLA were increasingly questioned by the gay movement, and by 1994 most gay marches excluded them officially, and they could no longer use the "gay" label.
newgon.com...
Incidentally, gays are not 2% of the population. The more general average (even in most anti-gay propaganda, I suppose depending on what point they want to make) is 10%.
Furthermore, if you read the histories of the blood-banks and HIV, it is clear that the activism of gay HIV-positive men protected public health, because the industry certainly didn't give a stuff. It appears they didn't want to give a stuff because gays and hemophiliacs were minorities (see the Wiki history on HIV/Aids in the US en.wikipedia.org...). Both were expendable for profit and considered "contained". Some HIV-positive hemophiliacs had their homes burnt in the US, and blood scandals for profit continued in many countries, from Germany to China into the 1990s. The wicked pro-business "moralists" certainly did nothing to stop it. In fact, they've never done a thing for HIV and Aids, except to abuse it for ridiculous propaganda.
The early detection of HIV in the gay community allowed early public health interventions.
Had the disease remained in Africa or heroin addicts instead of an otherwise healthy gay populace, such early interventions would not have been possible.
Whatever progress and containment of the new virus was achieved, was due to gay people.
Yes, gay people changed HIV from a "death sentence" to a potentially manageable chronic condition, even while some "Christians" applauded our suffering and death, as this wicked stain on true faith still demonstrates with dated info today.
We didn't invent or create the virus - whether you believe it started with the African bush-meat industry, or that it was created in a laboratory.
Whatever the case, here in Africa it was spread by heterosexuals.
Without treatment mothers spread it to children.
Essentially, everyone who didn't choose infection is an "innocent" victim.

edit on 19-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daptodave
reply to post by number38

Jesus says its unnatural and evil, and against god and jesus and nature. Jesus does not approve. We could almost be talking about the tea party.

If you are going to quote Jesus, please indicate Chapter and Verse; and be sure you are quoting the New Testament, Old Testament prejudices just won't apply.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I totally disagree with them on all counts however what they do behind closed doors is not my business nor anyone elses. But please....give up the Mardi Gras already. I don't see straight people flaunting their sexualitity in a similar type of parade just to get their point across. I'm sick of it already; do what you must amongst yourselves but leave us alone from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join