It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by number38
Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about? So if you are gay obviously you won't have a problem with it unless you're a self-hating gay which would be a very complicated thread. So yay or nay on the issue.

Its as simple as that. I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST. If you can't decide then keep the maybes to yourself, have a long think and reply later.

thanks to all who contribute.

peace

I don't care one way or another. It should be illegal to infringe on another person's rights, and honestly it isn't anybody's damn business who someone else wants to sleep with. If there's a creator god, he had to have created homosexuality with as much love and care as he or she created everything else in existence. I don't see how it's up to any of us to decide the merits of an arbitrary notion as ancient as human awareness.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Syrus Magistus because: for clarity

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Let the lady take a bow!

(Long standing ovation and applause)

The envelop please. And the winners are; HOMOSEXUALS!

Gays have rights and have no choice about who or what they are.

If you are not gay, haven't had to deal with public because you came out, and haven't
had to worry about ignorant queer bashers lurking everywhere,
then you really have no idea what it is like to be gay.

You should never speak or offer an opinion on something, you know nothing about!
This is why all anti gay rhetoric and gay bashing comments come off as ignorant.
Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by enteri

Can I ask why?

Is not one holocaust enough, in this day and age, that we as Earth citizens should see it happen again?

Not again not when I am alive.

Human socitiety, has become so obsessed with each others beliefs, well being, What has bwecome of us all, when we do what the Nazis done during World War 2!

And what does this have to do with the homosexual question, you are way taken this off topic stick with the issue on discusion ps tyvm/

edit on 2-10-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I dont think a forum such as this is the place for a gay love in. In my mind gays are sick, the very thought of gays makes me sick. Why dont you go back to your own forums and leave us alone. I dont want to hear about your unnatural sexual preferences here. Im a man in every sense of the word and i like women. This forum should'nt be an outlet for your kind to find each other. GET LOST AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

The issue being the amount of threads started on ATS that continue to be subtle gay bashing. If I started a thread asking whether being black was natural what would the response be? Total anger. I'm sick and tired of seeing so much gay bashing around here. so thats the issue. yay or nay. really simple.

Then obviously the issue is not homesexuals; it's homophobes.

Originally posted by starchild10
I think it's unnatural and perverse. And sorry, being born like that doesn't mean it's not unnatural or wrong.

It's unnatural, despite someone being born with it?
You really deserve something for writing the most ignorant post ever. and here it is. . .

Originally posted by LimbicSystem
Some say they were born gay, but this is impossible because there is no such thing as a sexually active baby.

You cannot define a person by sexual activity in that way.
Does a heterosexual stop being a heterosexual if they stop having sex?
Homosexuality != gay sex.

Some straights try gay sex.
Probably most homosexuals try gay sex.
Some homosexuals never have sex at all.

Homosexuality is an identity, a state of having whatever it is that makes a person feel attracted to their own sex, and that you can be born with.

I probably worded it wrong.

But I do agree with you.
Some gay people don't float around, making funny noises, and using the women's restroom.
I've met a few who did...I liked those who still accepted their gender and didn't try hard to be more woman than women.

Adults.

Although I've never met a gay person who did not have sex, I have seen straight men try it...I've seen straight men decide to leave their wife for a man.

Most of the situations.
I've done a lot of research in the area of psychology.

That's what all led me to go so deeply into the matter, because I know.
Whether you have sex or not, my reply still applies.

I'm surprised someone actually read my post.
Thanks for the trading of information.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST.

I wonder why you are so concerned about what the majority of people think about ANYTHING? It appears that the homosexuality issue was so important to YOU that you had to solicit the entire forum. I think this is a more valuable observation than the final result of this sequester.

To comply with your thread, my opinion is FOR homosexuality, bisexuality, and heterosexuality.

EDIT: The OP specifically said, "no debate or arguing". I see debating and arguing. Just felt like that should be pointed out.

edit on 2-10-2010 by MKULTRA because: edited to reiterate

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

Heya dude, nice reply.
tristan

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

Yeah, loads of debate and arguing which makes counting up a bit of a challenge. Well, I ain't here to tell anyone what to do or gonna change the way I think or the way others think. Not that intereted in what anyone thinks about the issue.

I just wanted a yay or nay answer, which apparently is very difficult

Also to have a positive thread about the issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

Whenever I see this post I think it is inviting me to become homosexual if I feel like it.
Sort of like a sexual orientation job fair.

Otherwise...There is no "homosexual issue."

There are homosexuals who have different sexual orientations or life partner preferences than most people thought to be in the mainstream.

There are people with "issues" or mental disorders and sometimes functioning problems, such as an inability to cope with life as it is presented to them. These folks can be helped with psychotherapy counseling and sometimes medication.

When there is an invitation I expect to get something out of it.
Where's my prize?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Syrus Magistus

Heya dude, nice reply.
tristan

If you like his answer, give him a star. I did.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

simple misunderstanding. why be so pedantic. If you read the post you'll know what I'm asking. The issue was blatant homohating threads started on this site which I was sick of seeing and felt this needed to be addressed.

It's different when your way of life is being targeted, maybe some other members were bothered by it as well so I created a different kind of space to discuss it.

were I come from an invitation is an invitation being -
in·vi·ta·tion
–noun
1.the act of inviting.
2.the written or spoken form with which a person is invited.
3.something offered as a suggestion: an invitation to consider a business merger.
4.attraction or incentive; allurement.
5.a provocation: The speech was an invitation to rebellion.

I don't see any mention of a prize here but if you send me your address I post you a dictionary as a prize?

seriously, only joking

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

....or don't give him a star....Seriously, it is nothing to me.

Meanwhile,
I don't even know what you are saying or where you grew up but...
I hate homophobes. And I don't use the word hate lightly or often but let me repeat...I hate homophobes.
Is MY position clear? I hope so.

PS: and while you have the dictionary, look up pedantic.
I suggested a star in recognition of an excellent reply offered by Syrus Magistus.
In this forum your kind words are appreciated but a star is like 'showing him the money.'
Which you have not done.

Peace out.
edit on 9-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about? So if you are gay obviously you won't have a problem with it unless you're a self-hating gay which would be a very complicated thread. So yay or nay on the issue.

Its as simple as that. I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST. If you can't decide then keep the maybes to yourself, have a long think and reply later.

thanks to all who contribute.

peace

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: to make it clearer what I'm looking for (hopefully)

I might have to be classified as a bigot after people read my reply...

Whether or not I am for or against:
-another man being with another man
-another man marrying another man
-another man having feelings towards another man...IS irrelevant.

A mass population of people who oppose this type of lifestyle IS irrelevant.

Even if incontrovertible evidence were to empirically conclude that people were born gay IS irrelevant.

Why? (Wait for it)

They are alive.
They are breathing.
They have feelings and have the identical rights that heteros have.
They are human beings, living just like you and me AND...Are already here.

Done.
You don't have to like it.
Ethically and morally speaking YOU should be respectful, tolerant and accepting of others' beliefs,
personal intuition and overall choices THEY will make being a non-hetero human being.

Unfortunately...indoctrination, too many closed minded individuals among us
for this concept to work in humanities favor.

I will always have hope that my fellow humans will learn to be empathic...

My construct is very simple: Love one another, love yourself and don't cause trouble.
As compassionate as I am, I cannot stand bullies.

For most heteros they feel they are on some higher ground, either self righteous or moral.
I am completely secure in my own sexual preference, and IF these other heteros WERE
too...secure in being a hetero, then there would be ZERO issues...

Religion does not make the world go round, and in fact America wasn't founded on religion.
(How far from the tree those Americans have fallen)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

geez, I gave him a star, gimme a break, I thought I had already,I'm a busy person, I thought I'd starred everyone that made totally awesome posts. I'm glad you hate homophobes, so do I, why fight about it? Or do you just llike being difficult? I dunno.

one of the definitions of pedantic-overly concerned with minute details or formalisms. like whenever anyone picks on a single word used or anything like that I call it pedantic. obssesed about pointless details and then missing the bigger picture

If you know a better word then please enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Who cares, and why should we?

How should a person's lifestyle or "persuasion" be anybody else's business, unless it interferes with their own?

I won't "vote" on such a stupid question. It is none of anyone's business but their own.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

Glad we agree.
That word would be courteous.
Reminding you might give someone a star is in no way edification or teaching, it is merely suggesting a courtesy you may or may not wish to extend.
And yes, I like to argue. debate, counter.
We will probably meet again but I think we can be friends, no?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
The main question is this and it piss's me off to always hear it..thus why i say homosexuality is a sickness.
But to ALWAYS say we are born gay..as if your a new species ercks me.

The unknown, or the undiscovered ercks many of us. You're not alone in your feelings.

Originally posted by TheAmusedMaybe you was born with less testosterone or to much for girl's.
That is a medical condition not homosexuality.

One shouldn't rely on Science alone to come to such a closed ended conclusion.
Chemicals can alter a child's DNA. There are many debates which tells me one thing:
Science is inconclusive and incomplete.

Originally posted by TheAmusedHear me out i am not a bad guy ...
Explain to me with out any smartness how being a homosexual is not the same as being a sexual perversion or fetish?
you know some people love feet ect..
So people will not flame me on that term.

Can you not see a hetero sexual wrote that?
Clinical psychologists, therapists and the like had a hand in those definitions as well.

Since it is conceivable you are only looking at the sexual aspect have you ever considered
the possibility that a homo sexual couple could actually love one another and show this emotion
in ways other than sexually derived?

Originally posted by TheAmusedSo say you want us to understand so please help me understand.
Answer my question how you can be born gay and i will drop it forever if the answers make sense to me.

Can you be born a cuckold fiend?
Can you be born a bestiality nut?
can you be born with a necrophiliac gene?

You nor I, nor even the best minds in the world can make the statement
"We are all born innocent and hetero."

Science is about the best guess period, unless one can reverse engineer a model
of something and trace it back completely to a certain point of origin: The beginning.

Is it more likely than not something is ______ or _______?
This ^^^^ Is Science.

The beauty of being a human being is that we aren't limited to being
transposed into 1's and 0's. We can feel things that cannot be quantified into Scientific Data.

In our society it isn't "normal" to be gay.
I get this and used to feel the same way, until *I* opened my mind and my heart.

You feeling the way you do, as well as other people...SHOULD never render
a gay's rights useless, invalid nor should those rights be abrogated by any court, nor any voting mechanism.

In closing...A fetish is developed and refined.

You could even classify being a hetero sexual as being a fetish (albeit widely popular)

See if you can invert an opinion to reflect the polar opposite of an opinion, this
opinion cannot be construed as FACT.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

sure, just finding my way in the ats maze!
star to you too!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by raybies
I dont think a forum such as this is the place for a gay love in. In my mind gays are sick, the very thought of gays makes me sick. Why dont you go back to your own forums and leave us alone. I dont want to hear about your unnatural sexual preferences here. Im a man in every sense of the word and i like women. This forum should'nt be an outlet for your kind to find each other. GET LOST AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Hahahaha, you're so terrified of the unknown! "I don't understand this, and I shouldn't have to put up with something I don't understand because I don't understand this and I don't understand! Me is male, me have penis, me like women, me not understand how other men cannot be just like me! OOO EE EE AHH AHH AHH!"

Get over yourself, and you might realize that there are more people in this society that hate people who think like you than there are people who hate homosexuals
. How does it feel to be a minority? Gay people couldn't have any idea what that feels like, right? I ask you, of course, because you know everything. Now, please, GET LOST AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Nobody wants to be around a sociopath:

–noun Psychiatry .
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Tired of gay bashing, are we? Well guess what? I'm tired of heterosexuals opposed to homosexuality being bashed. I'm tired of traditional family values being bashed. I'm tired of Christmas and Christians being bashed. I'm tired of our Luciferian leaders attempting to convince me that lies are truth, ugliness is beauty, and evil is good. I'm tired of the deception the "Chosen Ones" use to advance their Satanic religious dogma. I'm tired of the education system portraying sex changes, cross-dressing, homosexual marriages, and other deviant behavior as positive. I'm tired of the phony wars on terror, drugs, poverty, and cancer. Most of all, I'm tired of the brainwashed believing that only minorities have human rights, and that the majority should be undermined and transformed into " slaves who love their slavery."

"Homophobe" - noun: A coined term in recent times designed to advance Homophilia and one that suggests a person has an irrational fear or aversion to homosexuals. Since there is voluminous medical documentation establishing the fact that homosexuals participate in a high-risk lifestyle largely responsible for the epidemics of AIDS and other STD's, and that the homosexual's lifespan is diminished correspondingly; it's quite reasonable for the vast majority of society who are not homosexual and anti-family to have a fervent and legitimate aversion to the practice.

An epidemiological study from Canada of data for AIDS-related deaths reveals that male homosexual or bisexual practitioners lost up to 20 years of life expectancy. The San Francisco Public Health Department reports that syphilis among the city's gay and bisexual men was at epidemic levels. Men having sex with other men leads to greater health risks than men having sex with women not only because of promiscuity but also because of the nature of sex among men.

Anal sex is considered a high-risk sexual practice, and unprotected anal sex is the riskiest of all forms of sexual intercourse.[1] The hazards are due to the vulnerability of the tissues, as the penetration of the anus may cause tearing and bleeding of the soft tissues,[2] and can damage the sphincter muscles, causing incontinence and anal prolapse. It also exposes the participants to a spectrum of contagious diseases. Some authorities judge that all anal sex is unsafe, due to the high rates of condom failure, including those brands that claim to be specially strengthened.[3][4] Among the diseases with which anal sex is associated are HIV[5], human papilloma virus (anal cancer)[6], typhoid fever[7], amoebiasis; chlamydia; cryptosporidiosis; E. coli infections; giardiasis; gonorrhea; hepatitis A, B & C; herpes simplex; human papillomavirus; Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (HHV-8)[8], lymphogranuloma; Mycoplasma hominis; Mycoplasma genitalium; pubic lice; salmonellosis; shigella; syphilis; tuberculosis; and Ureaplasma urealyticum.[9][10][11][12]

[1] Principles and Labs for Fitness and Wellness - Wener W. K. Hoeger, Sharon A. Hoeger; p492
[2] Home care nursing practice: concepts and application By Robyn Rice; p332
[3] The sociology of HIV transmission By Michael Bloor; p86
[4] Center for Disease Control; "Can I get HIV from anal sex?"
[5] What are the Dangers of Anal Sex?, SexInfo, University of California at Santa Barbara
[6] Anal Cancer in Gay & Bisexual Men, LGBTHealthChannel
[7] Sexual Transmission of Typhoid Fever: A Multistate Outbreak among Men Who Have Sex with Men, Reller, Megan E. et al., Clinical Infectious Diseases, volume 37 (2003), pages 141-144
[8] John Pauk, M.D., M.P.H., Meei-Li Huang, Ph.D., et al., "Mucosal Shedding of Human Herpesvirus 8 in Men" New England Journal of Medicine 343 19: 1369 -1377
[9] Anal Health. The Sexual Health Channel
[10] Diseases From Anal Sex Harold Oster, MD, iVillage
[11] Tuberculosis, The Mayo Clinic
[12] High Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Men Who Have Sex With Men in Jiangsu Province, China. Journal of American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association 33 (2): 118 -123. 02/2006.

John McKeller, President of Homosexuals Opposed to Pride Extremism (HOPE) has publicly stated he staunchly opposes gay activism and the "marriage" of two men to be lawfully considered the same as the union of man and woman. This statement also demonstrates that the term "homophobe" is erroneous, and that the gay rights movement is largely controlled by a minority of radical activists intent on subverting morality and sexuality.

Before anyone denounces those who oppose homosexuality, it would serve them well to research the Mass Resistance web site. Some of the homosexual educators distributing publications like the "Little Black Book" in schools are known child molesters. Instructing children in the art of sodomy, fisting and rimming is part of their curriculum. ("Horror stories in the schools") www.massresistance.org...

How anyone could justify this debauchery being promoted to young impressionable minds is beyond reason. Clearly they would have to be either seriously disillusioned or suffering from a mental affliction far more severe than any "phobia".

In recent times, the term "gay" has been hijacked by homosexuals to be synonymous with their sexual proclivity. Since they refer to themselves as "queer" ("bizarre", "twisted", "abnormal", "freaky", "mentally unbalanced or deranged"), perhaps they are aware as well that "gay" is also synonymous with "licentious", "lawless" and "immoral". It's clearly an accurate assessment of the homosexual's habitual nature.

"73% of psychiatrists say homosexuals are less happy than the average person, and of those psychiatrists, 70% say that the unhappiness is NOT due to social stigmatization." - Lief, H. Sexual Survey Number 4: Current Thinking on Homosexuality, Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality, 1977, pp. 110-11.

“Homosexuality by definition is not healthy and wholesome. The homosexual person, at best, will be unhappier and more unfulfilled than the sexually normal person” - Dr. Daniel Capron. Kaifetz, J. “Homosexual Rights Are Concern for Some,” Post-Tribune, 18 December 1992.

Though the terms are rarely used these days, "Homophile" or "Homophilia" were previously used by psychiatric professionals to diagnose the abnormal behavior displayed by approximately 2 out of every 100 people. It was classed as a mental illness but was later removed, not because of some new study showing it was a sane behavior, but because the Psychiatric Association was pressured by homosexual extremists into doing so.

Despite all the social engineering by the sexual liberation movement, the majority of society still deems homosexuality a shameful behavior. If it was indeed "normal", society wouldn't have to be told to "tolerate" or "put up with it", would they? That's why many homosexuals choose to remain "in the closet". The guilt and shame they would have to endure in the eyes of the public would be too heavy of a cross to bear, and so they keep their sex lives private, as they should.

"The median age of death of homosexuals is 42 (only 9% live past age 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75. The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 24% live past age 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79." - Fields, Dr. E. “Is Homosexual Activity Normal?” Marietta, GA.

"Homosexuals and bisexuals contracted potentially fatal ailments such as AIDS, anal cancer, tuberculosis and hepatitis disproportionately." - Archives of Internal Medicine

The peer reviewed medical literature evidences the fact that the life span of homosexuals is reduced on average by up to 20 years. Smoking reduces life span on average by 7 years. Since we discourage smoking, why endorse a dangerous high-risk lifestyle like homosexuality? The best scientific evidence indicates that putting society's stamp of approval on homosexual partnerships would harm society in general as well as homosexuals themselves, the same group some contend would be helped.

“We cannot deny that HIV is a gay disease. We have to own up to that and face up to that.” - National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Leader, Matt Foreman.

Americans are now being forced to pay millions more in higher health insurance premiums because of the increased health costs from homosexual behavior. In fact, the homosexual lobby has induced some states to prevent insurers from asking potential consumers any medical questions, including if they are HIV positive! As a result, every consumer is paying a higher premium because insurance companies are prevented from identifying clients who engage in high-risk sexual behavior.

Lest We Forget that AIDS was originally termed GRID (Gay Related Immuno-Deficiency) before promiscuous bi-sexualism migrated it into the mainstream heterosexual realm.

"Don't tear down a fence until you know why it was put up." ~ African proverb

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join