It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1) if we create our own room, instead of going to the default pub, do the same rules apply?

2) why doesnt ATS have a designated un-moderated room where we can discuss things that might normally offend somebody in the public room.

i ask this because ats seems to be having some issues with the chatters as of late. i just thought if the ones who insist on discussing certain topics had a safe avenue of discussion, there would be less conflict and more happy users.

just an idea. sorry if its a horrible one.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When I hit "chat" all I get is a big blank gray screen surrounded by a border with "ATS Member Chat" at the top. How does chat work if nothing loads? Is it something I need to apply for or reach a level of participation.

I have often tried to utilize this feature but nothing so far.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I think it would be an Idea but
With an unmoderated room it my end up like last time. Chats and unwanted arguments spilling over into threads were its not wanted.
ATS chat is not a year old and has been shutdown once all ready may be if the occupants can learn to have conversations on an adult level it may happen.
Just my 2cents for what its worth.

CX

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would imagine that anything that happens in ATS, even if it is in an un-moderated chatroom here, is legaly still the responsibility of the site owners.

Any site can attract the most responsible of members, and also the most concerning....all you need is the latter to start discussing certain subjects in the chat room and the owners will be having their doors knocked.

Yes its strict, but you know where you stand. There are other chat sites if people really want to go crazy.

CX.

edit on 27/9/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

They have droped the level to 100 posts.
If you get the green boarder screen with member chat on it your able to get in.
Maybe like mine I have to let it sit for a few seconds be for it starts.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Well, I will let it sit for a bit to see if it loads. I am currently at 522 posts so that shouldn't be the problem, and the border is sort of green, it looks more yellow to me. The wording "Member chat" is in bright green.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
cx - i dont think it works like that. (you could be right though im just guessing)

hillbilly - you could be right. i just thought giving us the option would at the very least leave no room for excuses or misbehavior in the main room.

greensage - make sure your browser has java / _javascript enabled.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
No matter the room created, ATS Terms and Conditions of Use still apply. ATS Chat is still part of ATS.

Please direct any further issues regarding chat to the ATS Issues Thread.

Also, SkepticOverlord addresses chat in this thread.

Thank you.

Closed.

edit on September 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join