It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Cooper and Behold A Pile of Horse...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

In the last few days I have had a number of people ask about or talk about the UFO research of Bill Cooper. He claimed that he had been part of a secret Navy briefing team and that he had inside information about how some of these clandestine organizations work. Eventually he wrote a book called Behold a Pale Horse, which some have embraced.

Almost everything he claimed about his military career was distorted. Oh, he served in the Navy but he was a low-ranking enlisted man. He did seem to have participated on a couple of briefing teams for high-ranking officials, but his role might have been little more than making sure the projectors worked, the ashtrays were empty and the room cleaned when the conference was over. He wasn’t brought in to talk about UFOs or other highly sensitive topics. He had neither the education nor the military experience.
Source

In a field infested with charlatans, frauds and the mentally-deranged, Bill Cooper was among the worst-of-the-worst. Nine years after his death, Cooper continues to deceive from the grave. Cooper and his followers built an exploitive, predatory mythology, though paper-thin next to critical thought and facts. UFO researcher Kevin Randle, in the above piece, uses simple logic to destroy not only Cooper's ur-lie, on which he based his claimed knowledge and authority, but the special-pleading Cooper's followers use to rationalize his lies.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I just love the way he puts papers up on the overhead. He says they are of great import but never says where he got them and in many cases he wont read them just says something like..."heres a memo from so and so to some other guy that confirms underground things" then he goes to the next paper.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

In a field where there is little to no real – as in indisputable - corroborating evidence, anyone can come in and add to the mythology. As in Mr Cooper.

I honestly think that Ufology, for some “researchers”, has become a live-action form of science fiction writing.

And as in all things fictional, if one adds some truths – names, dates, places, events etc. that are verifiable - then the fictional additions will, to the gullible, sound equally as real.

As to the harm it does to a field of study that is already the subject of ridicule, well, that doesn’t matter to the likes of Cooper and Greer.

They are getting a reaction - and dollars - from their “readership”. Ufology itself is secondary to them.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
i will look into the findings in your link

charlatan or no, he did predict the sept 11 attacks and that the US government would perpetrate the attacks and blame osama bin laden, this was June 2001 on his radio show, and then 2 months after sept 11 he is shot dead by cops. strangely enough the warrant was due to be served on sept 11 lol

this video has a recording of the prediction, if you haven't seen it I recommend watching it

edit on 27-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

DoomsdayRex.....

Cooper was a nasty piece of work.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

DoomsdayRex.....

Cooper was a nasty piece of work.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

did you know him personally maybe...maybe not?

i am interested to hear why he was a nasty peice of work

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete
and then 2 months after sept 11 he is shot dead by cops.

Hmmm... yeah... that tends to happen when your paranoid and whacko enough to shoot a cop in the head. No conspiracy here. Just another idiot committing suicide via cop! Cooper is surely a Darwin awards candidate.

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

this video has a recording of the prediction, if you haven't seen it I recommend watching it

I think you need to take a closer, objective look at the video. Cooper does not actually predict 9/11. He quotes a CNN reporter saying that within three weeks (Cooper's recording being in late June, 2001) Bin Laden was going to attack the US and Israel. Granted, Cooper does say that even if it doesn't happen within two-to-three weeks it will eventually happen. This kind of equivocation is meaningless, it allows Cooper (or his follower) to claim any incident as being the one Cooper predicted when in fact he did not predict anything.

However, Cooper does make a prediction, that Bin Laden's attack will be used as an excuse to take people's guns away; this of course, did not come true.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Hmmm... yeah... that tends to happen when your paranoid and whacko enough to shoot a cop in the head. No conspiracy here. Just another idiot committing suicide via cop! Cooper is surely a Darwin awards candidate.

There is a conspiracy here, but it does not involve the Federal government or the cops. An examination of Cooper's writings and recordings shows that he was planning on dying in a shootout with law-enforcement, in hopes of making himself a martyr. Among Cooper's followers there is a conspiracy of silence about this, covering the fact up by ignoring it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I always thought of him as a real patriotic American based on the things he talked about..

Bill Cooper was no criminal.. He hadn't broken the law before..

It was a clearcut case of the feds going after someone because of the incriminating information he had..

Wasn't Bill Clinton the guy that coined Bill Cooper as being the most dangerous man in America?

Bill Clinton saying that about someone and him coming from a past of so many felonies is remarkable...

Psuedo skeptics are usually the only ones I have seen bash William Cooper.. That is the result of the anti P.R. campaign against Bill Cooper... all propaganda.. And gullable people that think they are actually smart and intellectual get drawn into that bandwagon..

Pretty sad.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

i am interested to hear why he was a nasty peice of work

I did not know him personally but I did have the (dis)pleasure of conversing with him on the CTRL mailing list in the mid-90s. Cooper made threats against me and other members who disagreed with him.

Of course, that is anecdotal evidence and if you want something more substantial, I understand. A good place to start is Don Ecker's Dark Matter Radio episode about Cooper (in MP3).

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
. Bill Cooper was no criminal.. He hadn't broken the law before..

That is interesting logic; in that case, no one would be a criminal.

It was a clearcut case of the feds going after someone because of the incriminating information he had...

What evidence would that be? As shown in my earlier post (an explicit with the video cited) Cooper did not predict 9/11.

Psuedo skeptics are usually the only ones I have seen bash William Cooper.. That is the result of the anti P.R. campaign against Bill Cooper... all propaganda.. And gullable people that think they are actually smart and intellectual get drawn into that bandwagon...

No one is bashing Cooper; we are criticizing him based on facts about the man and his lies. Your post, however, is devoid of any facts or logic, nothing but an ad hominem dismissal of anyone who disagrees with you.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i lost any interest in him and his ideas when i saw he was claiming kennedy was shot by his driver..and then showed a video that is clearly just a reflection on the passengers head as he turns round..

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The title of this thread made me laugh.

He said some pretty bizarre things involving aliens.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
The title of this thread made me laugh.

I cannot claim it; the credit goes to Captain Randle.

Originally posted by 547000
He said some pretty bizarre things involving aliens.

He changed his story from aliens are here to they are an NWO deception. Many of Coopers followers do not know this.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I dont know, but the fact is it's easy to attack a dead man..

They aint going to counter..

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cmajor
I dont know, but the fact is it's easy to attack a dead man...

They aint going to counter..

Facts do not cease being facts simply because someone is in the grave. While he may not be able to counter, he continues to be an influence. Cooper has plenty of followers who are willing to perpetuate his lies.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Facts do not cease being facts simply because someone is in the grave. While he may not be able to counter, he continues to be an influence. Cooper has plenty of followers who are willing to perpetuate his lies.

Maybe so but are you scared of him or his followers?
What were those lies? I'll look them up...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

He changed his story from aliens are here to they are an NWO deception. Many of Coopers followers do not know this.

i have heard he claimed that he had found out the information given to him was deliberate disinfo.

could you elaborate further? i am ignorant.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Maybe so but are you scared of him or his followers?

Irrelevant. Even if I or any other of Cooper's critics are scared of him, that does not make us wrong. It is Bulverism, a rationalization to dismiss arguments without considering the substance of them.

What were those lies? I'll look them up...

Perhaps you should read the article cited at the beginning of the thread.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join