It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Briton bricks up bank to protest loan rejection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I thought that maybe someone other than myself would enjoy this.

"A businessman in Britain bricked up the front door of a bank after he was turned down for a loan.

Cameron Hope, 59, carried out the protest after his request for a loan to expand his business was rejected.

The Daily Express reported Monday that Hope used blocks to build an 8 feet by 4 feet wall across the main door to the bank in Westbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset.

Other business owners also joined him. They said they too have been denied loans.

The protesters carried placards that said 'Robbed by the banks we own' and 'Make banks lend'.

'We blocked the doorway as a way of saying that the banks are open but the safe is shut,' Hope was quoted as saying."

Source
Source with images

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hats off to him and his sentiment the banks have pulled off the biggest robbery of all time and are not lending to the very taxpayers that they stole from. Makes me sick

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If thats the standard of his building work then I wouldn't give him a loan either.. He hasn't even used any mortar

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
..but on the other hand, the site area appears to comply with health and safety regs. Hi-viz jackets and everything.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Theres something wrong here.

Here is (I think) the same man Cameron Hope from Bournemouth link To me it looks like he's a self employed artist not a businessman, I'm not surprised he can't get a loan,

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Have checked the images it looks like the same person to me

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join