It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tubular clouds in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

Its been a while since i have made a post because i haven't been looking to the sky as much. But 2 nights ago i witnessed something truly spectacular!

Now if you go and Google what a tubular cloud looks like it is nothing what i saw. I wanted to get a picture of something similar but could not find anything. Ive not seen a cloud do this nor do i live in a climate or geographical location that would make such a thing plausible.

Here are the details.

Time: 1:15am (App.)
Cloud direction: Starting northerly at its smallest point and southern at its largest.

I stepped outside for a cigarette and looked straight into the sky, noticing first how bright the sky was yet i couldn't see the moon anywhere. At the same time i noticed this i also noticed the cloud that i am speaking of. Its started quite small then changed widths eventually growing longer and wider at the south end. Yes, this cloud was huge which is why i am able to measure it like that, haha.
Back to the moon.. It was behind the cloud illuminating the inside of the tube.

I also received a call from a friend today (Who i told about the event) to tell me that he and a friend of his saw the same thing happen, weird.

I know nature always gives us these gifts and thats why i would like to share it with you. The only odd thing is that almost all the time we have a easterly wind. I am still grateful for what i have seen although i cannot explain it.

I will be camping outside with my camera tonight. Lets hope it happens again!

UPDATED WITH ART RENDITION.

edit on 27-9-2010 by XeonSky because: Update

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

XeonSky,

Hope you get a picture!!

I not familiar with the term "tubular cloud" but I do know about a type of cloud that looks like a tube, it's called a roll cloud (I believe). Ask Oz for the details....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/373f581cd0112654.jpg[/atsimg]

Did it look something like this??

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I love clouds. I look at them every single day.
Shame you didn't get a photo. I'm sure it was spectacular.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Similar but not, haha.

Think about a Twister/Tornado but turned on its side and not spinning.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

There is a storm out at the moment, hopefully it clears up tonight and i can get snap happy at the sky haha.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

Its probably a roll cloud (arcus cloud).. here's a pic of a roll....

But I noticed you did use the plural, where there many tubes? if so how many?

If your ever up north ya may get a chance to see a morning glory cloud they're the most impressive type of roll cloud imo. For image, see above poster.

Thing is though they (morning glory) are highly unlikely to happen that far south, usually only up in the northern territory, near the gulf.

edit on 27-9-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

Are you sure it wasn't a roll cloud??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/245f06c424e523e6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/062a48917f947f59.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7aaf0e215e42651c.jpg[/atsimg]

If so, I really can't wait to see if you manage to get a picture of what you saw.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Similar, but small at one end and large at the other, like a tornado.

And by the plural i meant that there was two sightings over two nights.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

You mean something like this....

Wyoming sideways tornado

But then it would be pretty weird if it returned the next night. Was there a storm in the area??

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No storms in the area and dead calm winds.

Until today we had a nice string of good weather.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If t were associated with storms, it sounds like a shelf cloud, which occur at the leading edge of cumulonimbus (thunderstorm clouds) clouds. When you have cool air sinking, it forces the warm moist, air below to rise, causing a cloud to form at the front of the thunderstorm, which actually causes turbulence, giving the cloud a tubular or wedge shaped appearance.

Its highly unlikely that is was a true roll cloud, as certain conditions such as the ones found in the Gulf of Carpentaria (morning glory), are needed for them to form.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
There was no other clouds in the sky.

This is the closest rendition i can give:

EDIT: This would be looking up at it. Obviously i cant give it in 3D!

edit on 27-9-2010 by XeonSky because: Added.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

Looking at that, it sounds like cirrus undulatus, and it always gives quite a bright, milky light appearance when illuminated by moon. Cirrus undulatus usually has rounded edges and appears as a rounded edged line quite similar to the tube shaped clouds

www.sky-chaser.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeonSky
Time: 1:15am (App.)
Cloud direction: Starting northerly at its smallest point and southern at its largest.

I live near Darwin. UFOs/spaceplanes create something like lenticular clouds when they push themselves extradimenisonally out of ordinary three-dimensional space; this lets them hide themselves.

For some images, see www.disclosuree.com... , page 33 - 36
www.disclosuree.com... , page 99 for lots of clouds (mostly UFO generated) that I photographed

top topics

join