It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monogamy and Marriage are Unnatural

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I posted this in another thread about a different topic yesterday in response to a person who said promiscuity was natural, animals did it in nature, and nature knew best. It fits here, too. Marriage I am not going to comment on.

"Is that not the way almost all creatures in nature behave? Promiscuous animals is what ensures survival.

Nature knows best!"

MY RESPONSE:

Nature knows best.
Well, does nature have STD's in the animal kingdom (besides the Homo Sapiens)?

If an animal eats something that makes them ill, do they eat it again? If they come to a water source that is contaminated, do they drink?

Are we not better than the animals?

Truly, if ALL people behaved like "animals" i.e unprotected sex with multiple partners at will, the human species would eradicate themselves within a generation due to STDs.

If ALL people, homosexual or heterosexual, decided to mate for life with a chosen partner, and stick to that commitment, while preserving their virginity until deciding upon a mate, then we, as a human species, would be able to eradicate all STDs within a full generational cycle.

So, maybe nature does know best.

A lofty, unattainable principle I heard given by a microbiologist in college. Interesting, isn't it?

Just like to say I agree wholeheartedly!
Nicely put!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wasn't there something in the bible that if people can marry they should?

At the end of the day, humans cannot turn to their animal instincts as the basis for whether or not something is "unnatural".

That's like saying I will kill someone for looking at my girl the wrong way should I be bothered enough about it, or maybe kill someone and take their girl because I can. That's some Lions and Tigers thing going on.

<< 1   >>

join