It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourettes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

actually never listened to rush and i tend to phase out when i turn to beck honestly beck does tend to be a bit annoying at times but that is neither here nor there.

nobody will ever even give that any credibility whatsoever but then again this site and the majority believe that their government is inherently evil but only when the right is in power and again the majority on this site is the 9-11 truther movement.

call me insane call me stupid call me ignorant but i at least am willingly and wantingly to question everything i have ever been indoctrinated to believe for over 40 years.

question everything and i accept nothing.

edit on 26-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

lmao, hilarious. I'd say Black is right.. but.. he yells, Hitler used to yell when he gave his speeches too .. clearly .. Black must be a NAZI!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You're that upset someone made fun of Beck? Now we know what motivation you have when you post

As for the video, I remember seeing this when it aired on television, absolutely brilliant!!! And very dead on actually. Beck seems to play the Nazi card more than Liberals did when Bush was president.

And didn't he say Obama is racist?

Obama, you racist SOB!!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Not upset, I think we should have Maher testifying to congress next.

Maybe he could tell us why he thinks communism would be great for America.

Or Stewart could be the new Economics advisor.

Hell, they should bring in Moore to replace Gibbs as the propaganda minister. He has done so well on that already, he should get a congressional medal.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Also in reply to your pictures

"But she is a typical white person who, you know, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, there is a reaction that has been bred into our experiences that don’t go away and sometimes come out in the wrong way.”

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

As for the troops, come on. You trying to be a comedian.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Beck is nothing but a GOP/Tea Party cheerleader and in that role he is doing exactly what he needs to in order to fire up that base.

If the Republicans take majority in November I think we will see him drastically change course and his programing will be more about how great the new majority is doing, then come 2012 it will be a different story.

Fox News has on it's payroll Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. Four very serious GOP contenders for President the exception only being Romney, expect Beck to shift gears again come 2012 and cheer-lead for these four until one is nominated then shift gears again and attack the Democrats as Adolph loving good little Brown Shirts.

Edit to add: Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that 4 of the most serious GOP presidential hopefuls are on Foxs' payroll? Fair and Balanced......

edit on 27-9-2010 by frimilden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
duplicate post

edit on Sun Oct 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed duplicate post

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Still do not undertand the tourette's reference.

It is on par with using the term "retarded" as a descriptive phrase in debate.

Once it is used it tells us all exactly what type of person began the thread.

It is offensive to me because I loathe someone who thinks we should waste our time debating hen the OP themselves cannot be bothered to find proper words and context to title the thread.

OP did not bother titling the thread in a manner that says respectable thread, so why even bother?

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
The title comes from a youtube video based on one line Black states in the monologue "Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourettes", after supplying multiple examples of Glenn Beck comparing organizations like the Peace Corps to Nazi's and even the word "EMPATHY" to Nazis.

The title comes from a youtube video based on one line Black states in the monologue "Glenn Beck has Nazi Tourettes", after supplying multiple examples of Glenn Beck comparing organizations like the Peace Corps to Nazi's and even the word "EMPATHY" to Nazis.

You have already been answered as to why the OP titled the thread the way he did. What is so hard to understand???????

The title comes from a line IN THE VIDEO

Why must you attack the OP for repeating what is in the video instead of taking it out on the original source is beyond me. If you think that the title is disrespectful then by all means, use the alert button to complain. But there is no need to attack the OP.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

A thread was started, on a public web board. I have as much right to toss my opinion in the thread in public like everyone else.

I am not attacking anyone.

I am giving my opinion on the appalling connection the title makes between tourette's and Nazi's. The OP merely brought it over from Youtube, I guess he was too lazy to reword the title so that ensuing conversation could be taken seriously.

Since he did not I don't.

My opinion, feel free to disagree.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

....thanks. I usually don't like paying to disagree. And since you insisted....

What ever happened to reading the OP? Do you really have to derail a thread by focusing solely on the title?

Jax, thanks for that. S&F

Black telling it like it is...he makes everything seem so beautifully black and white-power.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Jax I watched this video before I went to bed this morning. Hillarious!

My favorite line is "The Peace Corps... YES THE ________ PEACE CORPS"

I'm now going to begin suggesting that we run Mr Black for public office.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Are you saying that social commentary can not be conveyed through the use of comedy? That is what all the best comedians have done throughout time - they have taken the social ills of the time, the absurdities that we pretend are normal, all the things we take for granted on a societal level, and then put them in such a context as to make them seem ridiculous.

You didn't actually defend Beck in your post, but you are strongly implying that he was grossly taken out of context. Is this what you're saying?

Because the reality is, Beck really DID compare all those things to Nazis. I don't think any extra context would save him, but if you disagree, maybe you could show us where Lewis Black took some of the Nazi quotes out of context.

I honestly don't understand what is so controversial about this video. It's a comedian who generally focuses on contemporary news and politics, showing the dishonesty of a very powerful figure in the US media. It's not just mindless comedy, it's intelligent and relevant.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Son of Will because: grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

ATTENTION, PLEASE

Off topic and personal remarks derail threads and are not allowed.
Please discuss the topic and not each other.

Such posts will be removed and or warned.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Mod Note: Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

MOD NOTE: The Political Madness Forum Is Not For Partisan Debate!

Thanks for your cooperation.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
people like Glenn Beck use such nonsensical language because it steers their audience away from REAL issues. You see, if Glenn began actually looking at the real issues, it would implicate both Republicans and Democrats, which doesnt serve those nebulous 'PTB". Because if you look at the REAL problems you will see that both parties are implicated equally, and we all know we cant go having an educated, informed debate in this country.

so.... better just call anyone you disagree with a "Nazi", regardless or whether or not it is even remotely applicable.

edit on 3-10-2010 by justadood because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

A thread was started, on a public web board. I have as much right to toss my opinion in the thread in public like everyone else.

I am not attacking anyone.

I am giving my opinion on the appalling connection the title makes between tourette's and Nazi's. The OP merely brought it over from Youtube, I guess he was too lazy to reword the title so that ensuing conversation could be taken seriously.

Since he did not I don't.

you seem confused. the headline is not making a connection between tourettes and nazis. It is making a reference to a syndrome referred to as "Nazi Tourettes" when a talking head pundit like Beck calls everything a 'nazi', regardless of applicability. Almost as if he cant help it. almost as if he has 'tourettes'.

Now, read the OP and make a on-topic comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join