It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.M.S - Enlightment Measurement Scale (Cat 1 to 6) ... take THE test !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I agree
but once you are aware that you are enlighten ..
it will not be much important compare to the one seeking it
you dont need to be Enlighten to have a Enlightment mind

Everybody can walk the Path of righteousness
walking that path makes you Enlighten in a way

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by GypsK

Earth need peoples with enlightened ideas not enlightened beings

edit on 9/27/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Now there is a sentence that should be carved in stone

(it really would make a nice avi as well, great message!
can I borrow it?
)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
oh boy... i dont even know what to say to this post

good luck friendo, i belive there some biblical quotes about being humble. try starting and focusing on that

im sure you will see in time now that all this positiveity and rightiosness*(forgive spelling) simply dose not exist whith out negative or darkness -call it what you will its all emotionaly one! just like evrysingal one of are one
-jplaysguitar

p.s. just think about a yin yang symbol and why it is so timeless

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I guess I am stuck at CAT 3... The religious sayings like 'repent' and all tat other jazz just doesn't resonate with me. I guess I could say I would rank a little bit higher if it didn't contain so much religious (especially Christian) quotations. I just don't see things that way...

edit on 28-9-2010 by Tripple_Helix because: ....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

reply to post by GypsK

can I borrow it?
)

you can borrow it a million time

it would be indeed incredible to carve it in stone so it can last a thousand yrs

so futur generation can all have a little bit of more wisdom and faith than before

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
oh boy... i dont even know what to say to this post

good luck friendo, i belive there some biblical quotes about being humble. try starting and focusing on that

im sure you will see in time now that all this positiveity and rightiosness*(forgive spelling) simply dose not exist whith out negative or darkness -call it what you will its all emotionaly one! just like evrysingal one of are one
-jplaysguitar

p.s. just think about a yin yang symbol and why it is so timeless

I agree ... but if you can balance the negative and positive ... than in some place it will be less dark and more light in the room

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
I guess I am stuck at CAT 3... The religious sayings like 'repent' and all tat other jazz just doesn't resonate with me. I guess I could say I would rank a little bit higher if it didn't contain so much religious (especially Christian) quotations. I just don't see things that way...

edit on 28-9-2010 by Tripple_Helix because: ....

Another one complaining about the religious quote .. WTH
its an exemple .. whats wrong with the bible quote on walking the right path
like i said i didnt said that religiously..

and about the repend part ... i have done some mistakes in the past
not big mistake but for me they are big... i have once wounded for no reason a snake in a river with my cousin
its been 20 yrs since .. and i have the image in my head reminding me.. not to do again bad and useless stuff that can harm a living being

this thread is NO religious at all .. the goal of this test are made with good and logic word
that can heal some troubled mind who have to much dark inside

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Caught On Tape: Man Abandons Pups At Animal Shelter

This is a desesperation act .. no money to buy a little bag of food per weeks ?
but money to buy a big ungry truck that need al the time to be expensively feed

those puppies were lucky they didnt have a heartless owner who can shoot them up in seconds and thats it ..
or being thrown in the river...

It can be seen has a crual act..yes.. but at least they are free and they have a chance to live their life
even in the wild without any owners or shelters

I was afraid for the part in the video .. he came close to run over some of them
.. he was at least carefull

Funny video now of MANY DOGS TO FEED : Barking dinner

edit on 9/28/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As a tool for encouraging self-reflection I think it has some merit, as a tool for enlightenment, absolutely not.

In fact, I believe it's a shame that the meaning of the term 'Enlightenment' is being wrongly used in this way.

There are many reasons why I would have to strongly disagree with what you say, however, I would not have posted on this thread were it not for a couple of things which I feel are important to say.

1. Enlightenment is absolutely not political. It bears NO relation to seeing political truths such as you have stated. It goes far, far beyond that, it is about seeing the absolute truth in everything, a truth which transcends the material and all material concerns, it transcends dualities - self and other, good and evil,pain and pleasure, etc. It transcends all greed, all hatred and most of all, all delusions. The Enlightened state is one of pure bliss because one has transcended all these things, even the desire for existence itself - in the most positive sense of no longer being attached to the body, or to even to the most subtle experience of beingness. Yet it is not self-destructive, because it is existence in the bliss of pure freedom from all delusion, all negativity, all desires. It is pure being.

2. I am concerned about your attributing the 'out of the body' experience to one of your levels of alleged enlightenment. I believe this is not only incorrect, but actually really unhelpful.

The Buddha said that in meditation many such experiences may arise. Note, they may not arise for everyone. He said these things are of absolutely no importance and we should ignore them, and especially not put our energies into them. To do so, he said, is to get caught up in a tangent which is of no any spiritual value whatsoever.

So, just to add my 1p worth - out of the body experiences have nothing to do with englightenment, nor does seeing political conspiracies. These all belong to the realm of 'relative truth'.

The awareness which the Buddha refers to is, conversely, the awareness of absolute truth, and it is seeing this and the knowing it brings which leads to Enlightenment.

Peace.

edit on 29-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

As a tool for encouraging self-reflection I think it has some merit, as a tool for enlightenment, absolutely not.

You have find THE question

tell me what do you think it is

like i said above :

edit on 9/29/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

like i said above :

So sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

like i said above :

So sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

lol its okay
i was meaning that you did see it clearly

As a tool for encouraging self-reflection

This is the answer

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Cat 2.5 :
*You have accepted yourself ..(who YOU are ..what YOU are..what YOU like in life... etc etc)
*You have no more jalousy inside you..you realised that it was coming from GREED.. nothing more..its useless
*You realise now that many people have less than you in life
*You have realised that you are egual to anyone else what ever the skin color is (Aliens included)
*You dont consider yourself to be superior or inferior to anyone
*You treath animals & Nature with Respect
*You have deep compassion to others

Cat 3 :
*You start having humility

Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, reverential, even politely submissive, and never being arrogant, contemptuous, rude or even self-abasing. Humility, in various interpretations, is widely seen as a virtue in many religious and philosophical traditions, being connected with notions of transcendent unity with the universe or the divine, and of egolessness; by contrast, some schools of thought are sharply critical of humility.

*You start questionning many Alien theories.. are we alone or not.....
Do we have Alien DNA ?.. (The big missing link) ..
did Aliens visited us thousand of year ago ? and are still visiting us

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bb3b39c15c9.jpg[/atsimg]

*You start seeing the "bigger pictures" in general
*You realise that all the different religions were manipulated by mens
there is like hundred of different religion in the world ... come on
that make a different kind of profit in God name

*You Have Accepted the Father/Creator to be the ONLY Good God
*You realise that the word God was invented .. that he his NOT A GOD in the first place
but our Father and Creator..

Cat 3.5 :
*Does these quote vibrate you deeply ? :
Bible Quote:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Quote from the Book of Eli :
Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the conviction and the strength to complete the task you entrusted to me. Thank you for guiding me straight and true through the many obstacles in my path and for keeping me resolute when all around seemed lost. Thank you for your protection and the many signs along the way. Thank you for any good I may have done, I am so sorry about the bad. Thank you for the friend I've made and please watch over her as you did for me. Thank you for finally allowing me to rest. I'm so very tired but I go now to my rest and peace knowing that I have done right with my time on this Earth. I fought the good fight, I finished the race, I kept the faith."

Cat 4 :
*You have decided that you will always walk in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake
what ever happens..
*You are able to repent .. learn from your past mistakes.. evolve from each life experiences
and take the best out of it .. for your own soul evolution sake
*You have understand this :
LETS BE PROUD OF OUR SOULS IN THE AFTERLIFE "OTHER DIMENSION"
the importance of the "what if"chances... completely worth it...lets avoid bringing any shame...
that will hunt our soul forever in remorses and regrets
*You start understanding that your UNIQUE soul cant die ..
*You start questioning the age of some souls...100... 1000 to 1000000 yrs old
*You ask yourselfs... what if...what if you kill somebody(exemple)
the chances that you become a wandering soul for eternity in the dimension that lets those souls walk the earth with no white tunnel in sight...
again the What if chances are to big to even considering doing harm to someone or something
*You have unshackable Faith in Life and in the Creator

( Second big step )

Cat 4.5 :
*You can See or sense Aura in people... or you can sense an entity in the same room you are
*You Start listening to Signs in you everyday life
*You realise also that coincidences are rares
*You start understanding that it was Faith who made the univers
our little heaven that is called Earth
A little to FAR from the sun = makes the earth unliveable
A little to CLOSE to the sun = makes the earth unliveable

*You now understand that the chances are very slim that earth popup up like this
in the center of nowhere perfectly alligned to substain life everywhere on it...
*You now understand that Earth was created in a none coincidential way by Divine powers from the Creator
*You have learned that coincidences like this
ARE VERY SLIM TO NO CHANCES OF HAPPENING EVER in million years
and you are open to the possibility of it

( Third/Final big step )

Cat 5 :
Exemple:
In some rare occasion peoples can awoke themself very deeply ... :

Ram Bahadur Bomjon .. born c. 9 April 1990
Some of his supporters have claimed that he is a reincarnation of the Buddha,
but Ram himself has denied this. Many practitioners of Buddhism agree that
he could not be, as the Buddha has entered nirvana and cannot be reborn.

Murder, violence, greed, anger and temptation have made the human world a desperate place.
A terrible storm has descended upon the human world, and this is carrying the world towards destruction.
There is only one way to save the world and that is through dharma.
When one doesn't walk the righteous path of spiritual practice, this desperate world will surely be destroyed.
Therefore, follow the path of spirituality and spread this message to your fellows.
Never put obstacles, anger and disbelief in the way of my meditation's mission.
I am only showing you the way; you must seek it on your own. What I will be, what I will do,
the coming days will reveal. Human salvation, the salvation of all living beings, and peace in the world are my goal
and my path. "Namo Buddha sangaya, Namo Buddha sangaya, namo sangaya." I am contemplating on the release
of this chaotic world from the ocean of emotion, on our detachment from anger and temptation,
without straying from the path for even a moment, I am renouncing my own attachment to my life and my home forever.
I am working to save all living beings. But in this undisciplined world,
my life's practice is reduced to mere entertainment.
On 19 March, a group of Bomjon's followers met with him about 2 miles (3 kilometers)
southwest of his meditation site. They say they spoke to him for thirty minutes,
during which Bomjon said, "There is no peace here," and that he would return in six years,
which would be in 2011 or 2012. He left a message for his parents telling them not to worry

Ram Bahadur Bomjon (The Buddha boy)
Abovetopsecret

*You can now enter a state of meditation to make you able to perform a OBE when you need to
Out-of-body experience
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba4138cfe68.jpg[/atsimg]

*You have discovered your real mission in life .. you know your higher purpose deal
*You start understanding many space related knowledges by exactitude
*You start remembering past lifes memories
*Hability of speaking to Dead peoples
*You start having unusual skill and habitilies .. paranormal habilities... or a 6th sense
*You can communicate with inteligent Alien beings coming from beyond by telepathy

Cat 6 :
The Nirvana, Ascension, Enlightment Completed, Universal Knowledges etc...
(im sure many have acheive that goal in a way) but the current body suit have died
now you decide .. if you want another life on earth with or without your memories wipe out
or you want to jump in a Alien grey body suit for other higher purpose deal..
the choice will be your in the afterlife..
Millions or windows will open before your eyes .. which one will you choose ?
that will make you HAPPY...

The Buddha described Nirvāna as the perfect peace of the state of mind that is free from craving, anger and other afflicting states (kilesas). It is also the "end of the world"; there is no identity left, and no boundaries for the mind. The subject is at peace with the world, has compassion for all and gives up obsessions and fixations. This peace is achieved when the existing volitional formations are pacified, and the conditions for the production of new ones are eradicated. In Nirvāṇa the root causes of craving and aversion have been extinguished, so that one is no longer subject to human suffering (Pali: dukkha) or further rebirth in Samsāra.

The Pāli Canon also contains other perspectives on Nirvāna; for one, it is linked to seeing the empty nature of all phenomena. It is also presented as a radical reordering of consciousness and unleashing of awareness.[2] Scholar Herbert Guenther states that with Nirvāṇa "the ideal personality, the true human being" becomes reality.[3]

In the Dhammapada, the Buddha says of Nirvāna that it is "the highest happiness". This happiness is an enduring, transcendental happiness integral to the calmness attained through enlightenment or bodhi, rather than the happiness derived from impermanent things. The knowledge accompanying Nirvāṇa is expressed through the word bodhi.

The Buddha explains Nirvāna as "the unconditioned" (asankhata) mind, a mind that has come to a point of perfect lucidity and clarity due to the cessation of the production of volitional formations. This is described by the Buddha as "deathlessness" (Pali: amata or amāravati) and as the highest spiritual attainment, the natural result that accrues to one who lives a life of virtuous conduct and practice in accordance with the Noble Eightfold Path. Such a life engenders increasing control over the generation of karma (Skt; Pali, kamma). It produces wholesome karma with positive results and finally allows the cessation of the origination of karma altogether with the attainment of Nibbāna. Otherwise, beings forever wander through the impermanent and suffering-generating realms of desire, form, and formlessness, collectively termed Samsāra.

Each liberated individual produces no new karma, but preserves a particular individual personality which is the result of the traces of his or her karmic heritage. The very fact that there is a psycho-physical substrate during the remainder of an arahant's lifetime shows the continuing effect of karma.[4]

The stance of the early scriptures is that attaining Nibbāna in either the current or some future birth depends on effort, and is not pre-determined.[5]

Nirvana Wiki Link

This tool will help any member to literaly understand the mysteries of life and ourself
and what can we accomplish .. what windows will you choose or not ready to choose yet
From my self im currently a Cat 4.5 hurricane

where are you ??

There is another way to know what Cat you are if you feel that the EMS tool is not that accurate
since some line should go up/down in the measurment Cat scale.

There is exactly 51 (*)... count how many you have
Cat 1 = 1 to 5 stars
Cat 2 = 6 to 15 stars
Cat 3 = 16 to 25 stars
Cat 4 = 26 to 45 stars
Cat 5 = 46 to 50 stars
Cat 6 = 51 stars

I have 44 stars .. that makes me apx Cat 4.5..i didnt reach Cat 5 .. i know

The EMS tool is accurate !!
if i see it need updates im open to the ideas
change or remove some of the lines

thank you

edit on 9/26/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

No offense but this seems silly. Ex.

Cat 1-YOu know the difference between good and bad... Killing is bad right> what if you can save the world by killing 1 man? Acccepting conspiracies? Or understanding everything isn't a conspiracy? YOu want to know more about religion, the paranormal and aliens? LOL. I don't see enlightment, I see basic human curiosity.

1.5- The truth is subjective. The right/good path is also subjective. Fear is healthy and instinctual. You should fear walking in a cage with a hungry lion.

2.0 Good is subjective.Do clones have souls? Sometimes negativity is reality. Moderation as a principal is a vice in itself. Injustice is subjective.

2.5-What if you accept that you want to change yourself? What if you are a person with nothing> Superior/inferior. You scaling this creates superiority. And no offense I am superior to child molestors. We are not equal. Compassion. I have no compassion for that same molestor of kids.

3-All religion was created by man, this is fact. The stars of the various religons didn't create a religion they had ideas. How does the creator define God? Perhaps as the creeator? God has multiple definitions. Didn't you say in the preceding sentence that he was a god? And how do we know he is the only good god, especially if you think there are no gods since the word was created by man? Perhaps there are many gods dependent on yours or my or gods subjective definition...

3.5- Hmmm you knock religons and their books earlier as fabrications of man yet now the quotes are supposed to resonate deeply? is 3.5 hypocrisy?

4-YOu say the creator is a god then he isn't now he is again? WTF? YOu believe souls are eternal. I know they can be destroyed.

4.5-Earthlike planets are not rare. I assume by aura you mean someones spiritual energy being visible? Some people do not have enough for ti to be visible. And If the creator isnt a god then how is he divine? The creator started the process of the big bang and let nature run its course in large part. IMO.

5-righteous is subjective. Anger is sometimes an appropriate response to a situation. All living beings are not worth saving. Most out of body experiences are true delusions. I've been dead in a clinical sense and had an out of body experience.

6-If you are still alive how can you know for sure this is possible? And how do you know the person that told you isn't lying?

I mean no offense but you contradict yourself so many times.... If this is your personal philosophy thats wonderful, but who are you to determine the level of enlightenment for the rest of us? Isn't that arrogance in itself and doesn't that push you back down the scale?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

It is possible to see where are you in your enlightment idea
many with the freewill have choosen to do good thing
but have yet reach to see the bigger pictures
i have done the EMS this way
so in resume its

Cat 1 : you have with your freewill chosen to walk the right path
Cat 2 : your Faith in the good side is now very strong
Cat 3 : you now see the bigger picture about life and God and your own soul
Cat 4 : you have now enlightment ideas

etc etc etc

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, I am having a very difficult time trying to read what you are trying to say. It would be a lot more helpful if you could reread and edit your grammar structure to make sense. If you are trying to make a tool and everything to get the attention of your peers, you need to understand correct grammar, and communicate it properly so others don't put your ideas off to the side. Hate to be a critic, but without editing what you write, and with the amount of mistakes readers see, it turns most away.

As for the topic, I don't feel there is any set test for a path to Enlightenment. It's different for everyone, and can't really be put into a criteria. There were stars from all over the scale for me. Interesting idea though.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Please clip your quotes, so they don't take up the whole page for scrolling! Much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Cat 3 with 19 stars.

I have all the thirst for knowledge/wisdom with an extremely open mind to many all possibilities because to lay claim to true knowledge opens the door for deception and being blind.

words like "faith" and "divine" turn me away very quickly. They are rather religious words that open the door for deception and abuse. You perceive yourself as inferior when you have "faith" in the "divine" and the concepts behind those words are too convenient in perpetuating lies and consequently living a life of lies.

I believe in infinite perspectives of existence, reality, the universe, and life and by that belief, I am rather inclined to NOT subscribe to any one "true" knowledge or limit my understanding to "one-path". Belief's are very limiting, I try not to have them.

The religious "all one" creator overtones and the "true good and bad" claim is a turn-off in my mind because I won't believe in such finality. Perception and maneuvering through different perspectives is the most "enlightening" approach to understanding. So when you are confronted with: "one mans trash is another mans treasure" it puts to rest the notion of finite "good and bad' concepts because it really depends where you are looking at it from. It is all relative, all infinite and because of this I sometimes think were all searching for something that by nature cannot exist...the ever so elusive "TRUE KNOWLEDGE"...

An intelligent man will always think hes got it figure out, but a wise man knows better since the only thing he knows is that he knows nothing and this includes finite knowledge of "GOD" or "creator" or "good" and "bad'
Where does a circle begin? Where does a circle end?

edit on 1-10-2010 by Sly1one because: unknown

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

reply to post by GypsK

can I borrow it?
)

you can borrow it a million time

it would be indeed incredible to carve it in stone so it can last a thousand yrs

so futur generation can all have a little bit of more wisdom and faith than before

First off, great OP, but I have to say, the GOD stuff pulled me out. It doesn't make any sense to me. You want to show people that we are all equal no matter the race (earth, or whatever planet), yet you also say that we need a higher being. If we are equal, then wont saying that the Father (god) is supreme just destroy the equal thought?

Second, Excellent idea on putting that into stone. I may be able to get a concrete place marker made that says that. Not stone, but darn close.

(i got a 47, so not much complaining to do. )

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The dragon is taking over
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, I am having a very difficult time trying to read what you are trying to say. It would be a lot more helpful if you could reread and edit your grammar structure to make sense. If you are trying to make a tool and everything to get the attention of your peers, you need to understand correct grammar, and communicate it properly so others don't put your ideas off to the side. Hate to be a critic, but without editing what you write, and with the amount of mistakes readers see, it turns most away.

As for the topic, I don't feel there is any set test for a path to Enlightenment. It's different for everyone, and can't really be put into a criteria. There were stars from all over the scale for me. Interesting idea though.

thanks for you honesty

i have learned english at 15 we can speak french if you want

even if i correct everything .. some people might
on some words i have said
trust me i try to write so people can understand me
and thats all what mather to me
but i do need more practice .. thats why im writing a lot
my english was worst 2 yrs ago

i write better then i speak it loudly loll

indeed i want attention from my peers
so i can wake up some troubled soul before the grand opening .. 2012
even if i help only one to walk the path of enlightment .. meaning walking the path of righteousness
will worth all of my words
i only want to spread Good Love and Light thats my ultimate goal
(my earth mission that im now aware from deep within me)
if you have trouble understanding this thread .. since this is the Part 2
Read this first :
The Age of Enlightment has started !!

the age of enlightment took me 10 days to write and correct to be sure people will understand everything i mean
you might read this one first before this one if you take the subject seriously

PS if you see any english mistake dont be shy to tell it to me
in a reply or in a u2u
i will always answer

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Captainwolfeking

not God .. but our Father and Creator

if we have Faith in him ..
then you must trust him to walk the good path
you will be free from any dark intentions once you have real faith

it doesnt mather to me if he his a Alien or a old soul ..
he can be anything i dont bother ..
im far from a religious person but i have Faith in the good side
thats all

Religion was created by men to exploit other men
the word God was invented by men to exploit other men

47 ? then you trully are wake up to the real life

im again proud of humans .. because we can acheive many things if you dont fall to the darkside

edit on 10/2/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join