It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sea Crossing Acquires Scientific Plausibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I recently came across this article about the famous Red Sea crossing and how it might have been possible.

I rarely dabble in religious debates on this forum ( I avoid them like the plague ) but I thought this would be an interesting topic, because in this case science and religion come together to try to figure out a small piece of Bible lore.

Check out the link at the bottom if you want more information.

Exodus 14:21-22 reads as follows;

“Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.”

According to the research conducted by Carl Drews of NCAR and lead author, the computer simulations that they ran show a strong east wind, blowing overnight, could indeed have pushed back water at a bend where an ancient river is believed to have merged with a coastal lagoon along the Mediterranean Sea.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6def2b3f3779.jpg[/atsimg]

Scientific Miracle

“The simulations match fairly closely with the account in Exodus,” says Drews. “The parting of the waters can be understood through fluid dynamics. The wind moves the water in a way that’s in accordance with physical laws, creating a safe passage with water on two sides and then abruptly allowing the water to rush back in.”

planetsave.com...

edit on 26-9-2010 by TV_Nation because: Link

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I agree I try to stay away from religion too, I believe in God but some things are a little farfetched. However this is incredible to know that this is indeed possible, did you know that recently (meaning 10 years) they have found evidence that supported to battles of King David and other biblical battles?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

TV_Nation,

I want to inform you that the red sea crossing was found and plenty in the bottom of it to prove it. Just go to www.wyattmuseum.com... and I think you will come away enlitened.

Truthiron

join