It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new age religion: old truth or nonsense created by elite think tanks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
please inform us uninitiated human people about this subject. the different sites where i went to seeking the answer to this question has lead to me being confused by the long winded and often disjointed posts that are above my understanding.

starting a dialogue that can be interactive would be a great boon for those of us that have no idea at all where to start. keeping the posts relatively simple and short would enhance the experience for those of us seeking open informative discussion.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are you referring to a particular new age religion?

It's good to note that religions generally use strings of large words that don't actually go together, but since they are beyond the comprehension of most they sound as though they should go together. Religions are made intentionally confusing because if you understood what was said then you'd understand that it was just pure BS intended to get your money and support. The 'priests' of these religions intentionally make themselves to seem as though they understand the verbiage so that the followers, who do not understand, think the 'priests' to be smarter and thus put their trust in them.

I would say that if you find it particularly confusing or hard/impossible to understand it's probably not for you.

I was approached by a cult not long ago. They said things like "Try and disprove me. The human brain is a quantum singularity reflection." Notice how they used large new age words like quantum and singularity to make themselves sound smart. They also threw in "try and disprove" knowing full well that you would not be able to disprove such a statement. In order to disprove that statement you would need quite a bit of expensive technology which they know full well you do not have access to. Moreover one cannot disprove sentences that are incoherent, for example I can say "Try and disprove this statement: Area inkling superimpose celestial move over." Go ahead, try and disprove that statement. You probably can't do it because there is nothing actually there to disprove.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

No i am not referring to any particular part of the new age movement, I am just learning about this subject, and want to know as much as possible about what other people think. I would like an open dialogue so I am able to maybe get a better idea of what New Age actually is.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by threadkiller
please inform us uninitiated human people about this subject. the different sites where i went to seeking the answer to this question has lead to me being confused by the long winded and often disjointed posts that are above my understanding.

That is exactly the purpose of it all, so in short you have fully answered your own question.

I do apologize for the short answer, but sometimes answers are short and sweet.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

indeed

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The more I learn the more I come to believe that all the religions of the worlds are made by man for man, a social tool to help keep ignorant people under control.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

Good call. It probably depends a bit on how you define religion. Organized religions in which a number of 'followers' obey and give money/power to a leader or leaders tend to be along the lines you are speaking, pyramid schemes if you will. At the same time I tend to define religion as a belief in how best to live ones life, you might include a belief as to how we came to be or what we are in that definition. If you think you know how best to live your own personal life then, IMHO, it would be incorrect to say you are without religion.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is there or Is there not a god... science only allows for one god... a Big Bang.

top topics

join