It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange rock art in Australia, mouthless faces, large black eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Strange rock art in Australia, mouth less faces, large black eyes

Some rock art has just been discovered in remote Australia, thought to be the spirits that the Aborigines often refer too.

Upon viewing the artwork, it looked eerily like something that ATS would drool over.

Large heads, no features and large eyes, with some sort of boundary around its head.

I’m not saying it is or it isn’t, but its definitely something that reminds me of those Egyptian art works showing strange looking creatures.

www.perthnow.com.au...

INDIGENOUS rangers from the remote community of Kalumburu have discovered what are thought to be four significant ancient rock art sites.

They made the discovery while walking a rugged stretch of their vast Wunambal Gaambera country in the far north Kimberley.

The art - close to the Drysdale River, where tourists visit by helicopter for picnics - includes depictions of Wandjinas, the supreme spirit beings with large mouthless faces and black eyes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d028d938af3b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 26-9-2010 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have seen this rock art on the show "Ancient Aliens". There was a whole episode about different pictures that have been found around the world that are similar to the ones shown. Its just amazing to me that even remote places around the world have these drawings of their gods. I dont think its just a coincidence that they look alike.

As a matter of fact, there were pictures from the old western US that were painted by indians and look exactly the same as these, and they are a world apart. Could ancient people have mistaken ancient aliens for gods from the sky, as we see worldwide, and depicted them this way? Could these beings be the grays that are such a popular representation of what aliens look like?

I really think so. It makes sense in my mind, but who knows. I would like to know for sure before i die.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
i’m not saying it is or it isn’t, but its definitely something that reminds me of those Egyptian art works showing strange looking creatures.

I see those images, and I think 'Ghosts'.

And in a cultural spectrum where there are virtually no truisms...every society believes in ghosts.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
These figures appear all over the place in aboriginal art they are called Wondjina

In Aboriginal mythology, the Wondjina (or Wandjina) were cloud and rain spirits who, during the Dream time, created or influenced the landscape and its inhabitants.

Heres some more of them

Opps I see you already gave that info.

They really do look like aliens though

edit on 26-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Cloud and rain spirits?

That screams aliens to me.

Clouds and rain ( as in they came from 'up there' )
Spirits as in ( they wernt earthly beings )

.. plus the featureless mouths? Other aboriginal artwork of animals and ancestors shows these features... so it begs the question did these beings have featureless faces?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
love this topic. what they are to those who made them i can't really say.
here's a few more i like.

The Valcamonica is a narrow, north/south trending valley in the Lombardy Alps of Italy.

Tassili-n-ajjer ("Plateau of the Rivers") is a mountain range in the Sahara desert in southeast Algeria, North Africa.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Also strange is that the Aboriginals say that they didn't paint them but the spirits did.
Theres some traditional stories involving them here

The Wandjina are said to have come out of the sky to live on the land; fishing, hunting and engaging in other activities similar to those subsequently carried out by the Aboriginal inhabitants of the area. While some of the myths indicate that Wandjina behaved in socially disruprive ways in the creative era of the Dreaming, these stories enshrine elements of cause and effect; disruptive behaviour usually resulting in disaster or severe punishment.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

agreed, the wandjina are to the aust aboriginie as annanuki to the sumerians, etc

same advanced sky peoples different manifestations.

check out the gympie man, a giant monkey statue in QLD,

and the early egyptian heiroglyphs in australia that were intially thought to be a hoax but later found to actually resemble the EARLIEST egyptian heiroglyphs, NOT the ones most modern egyptologist are aware of & have much to do with. My money is on that the egyptians DID come to australia at some point in history.

-B.M

P.S) chariots of the gods is a good watch/read

edit on 27/9/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Chariots of the gods... I read that book when I was a young teen... changed my way of thinking completely.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

sweet so they might have been like intergalactic boy scouts on a journy to shun technology and live like a primitive culture and study one where do i sign up to visit aliens(the ones who dont do probing or eating me and whatnot)but i think that would be fun almost like a star trek away mission following the prime directive

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I’m not saying it is or it isn’t, but its definitely something that reminds me of those Egyptian art works showing strange looking creatures.

Uhm... which strange looking creatures are these? I'm pretty familiar with Egyptian art, and don't know of anything that looks like this.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Have seen these photos for a while...
Found it funny how these beings in the paintings resembles modern Aliens.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawain
Have seen these photos for a while...
Found it funny how these beings in the paintings resembles modern Aliens.

Hi,

I personally think this is more cause and effect and current alien mythology is based on such pictures - with of course no way of accurately knowing what they really represent. My opinion is they represent death - call it representation of ghosts maybe, but I'm no closer to what the artsist was thinking to anyone is.

top topics

join