It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE HELP!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I need help discovering the titles to two movies I saw sometime back and really enjoyed. I saw them at at a rather tumultuous time in my life so the titles escape me, but the movies and thier subject matter are textbook ATS.

First movie...A 1970s film about a guy being hooked to a computer remotely and having his emotions triggered by said computer. The computer operators were in one room and the subject was in another being monitored as they typed in 'anger', he would become angry and so forth.

Second movie...Late 60s, early 70s perhaps.... An Air Force Colonel who wears glasses with one lense darkened due to his missing one eye recruits a civilian scientist that is on his way to China for talks with high ranking Chinese officials. The Air Force Colonel and his people implant a listening/phisiological monitoring device behind the scientists ear in the cavity located there in the human skull about the size of an aspirin which is monitored via sattelite in London.

I figure if theres anywhere in the world that can take my vague descriptions and come back with valid info its ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

hey there, I've been trying to find your movie, I wasn't born in the 70s so it's not like I could remember the title, BUT I did find a list of hit sci-fi films of the decades. Do you see your's in there somewhere?

I'm kinda curious as to which movies they are now too. Hope this helps...
Link to Movie Lists

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Nope ,not there that I can see. Thank you so much.

Ive been trying to find these movies since I saw them as both were pretty influential for me. I watched both in a hurry if that makes any sense.

edit on 26-9-2010 by psyko45 because: content

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Can you give more info..

Were the movies in colour or black and white?

Anything at all you can remember would be helpful. I've been looking but so far all I've found is this 1971 movie called control factor that has more or less no info about it link

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Both films were in color (colour), I thought the first was called "Nowhere Man", but I couldnt find anything with that title that matched what I saw. It was the newer of the two in question.

In the second film I remember when the implants were shown to the scientist by the USAF Colonel they were in a litle red box, and were about the size of aspirin, and made to fit into a cavity that is located in the human skull behind our ears. The implant monitored everything, audio, heart rate..etc and its signal was relayed by sattelite from where the scientist was (China for this application) to london I believe where the Americans analyzed the conversation.

edit on 26-9-2010 by psyko45 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Terminal Man!!!

As the result of a head injury, brilliant computer scientist Harry Benson begins to experience violent seizures. In an attempt to control the seizures, Benson undergoes a new surgical procedure in which a microcomputer is inserted into his brain. The procedure is not entirely successful.

IMDb Link

this sounds like it. Is this one of the videos you were looking for?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Thats it! One down. Now I just have to find the film so I can watch it again. Thank you very much. Great detectiving.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Is the other one "Project X" link Doesn't sound quite the same but I want to see it!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Or is it "The Chairman" link this sounds a bit more like it

I think it is this.

Heres the glasses man in question
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b995c537caf.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 27-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The Chairman it is!!! Awesome work. I am indebted to you for your efforts. Once again ATS proves to have the most kick a#$ people on the internet!

second line

top topics

join