It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

irish republicanism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i found a little song that pretty much sums up the feeling of irish republicanism towards the british. its a song about the hunger strikers in 1981. specifically about joe mcdonnell the first hunger striker to die.

irish republicanism will never die and the sooner the british imperialists realise it, and leave ireland forever the sooner the conflict will be over.

the lyrics of the song are quite powerful.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-9-2010 by satanUK because: bad youtube link

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

Please forgive me if I am wrong but from what I understand you are in a very very small minority. Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The British will leave Ireland when the majority of its citizens in Northern Ireland want that to happen ... and not before.

S no sign of that anytime soon then.

Oh, btw, the Hunger Strikers were a shower of murdering scum for whom an early death was the very least they deserved. Just a shame they took their own lives rather than being hanged for the crimes they committed.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
40 odd percent of the population of northern ireland wouldnt consider themselves british

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

I could quite easily post some songs which express the loyalist viewpoint and turn this into a total sectarian bitch fest, but I wont.

A recent survey suggests that 75% of Northern Irish wish to remain part of the UK, which includes 43% of the Catholic / Nationalist communities.
As long as this is the case Northern Ireland will be part of the UK.

Instead of trying to stir up old hatreds and divisions why not become part of the positive move towards the peace Ireland needs and deserves.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
do u think a small british enclave called northern india would be reasonable now, or be a bit ridiculous?

oh how i laugh after watching braveheart and thinking of how an immigrant population of scottish farmers in northern ireland are loyal to the english crown. you couldnt make it up!

edit on 26-9-2010 by satanUK because: sp

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

What has India got to do with Ireland?

Instead of wallowing in the events of yesteryear why not deal with the realities of today?

Fortunately I know that you are an outdated anachronism and your views are not representative of the Irish people who just want to get on with their lives the same way as anyone else.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
the bigotry still lies deep down in everyone in this country, the children are growing up listening to the stories from their parents. a little spark is all it will take to set this country off again. already signs this is happening at the present time

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

And you are proud of helping and being a part of keeping the circle of biggoted hatred to continue?

Where has that ever got Ireland and the Irish people in the past?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
no, im worried about what will happen when it kicks off again .it just takes one bomb in the wrong place. if there was no excuse to bomb there would be no bombs!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I find it alarming that this kind of sentiment is being touted on the board.

Some of us have given some years of our lives to the work towards a peaceful solution to the Northern Irish solution. To see the slide back into petty sectarianism at this stage is upsetting to say the least.

To recall back to the days of the 10 men in the Maze/Kesh is actually to me nothing better than singing Nazi anthems and harking back to the glory of the Third Reich.

Isn't it time to see the rapprochement and accommodations that have been reached to this point and applaud and support them instead of raking old coals?

When some of the hard line in Belfast and Derry etc finally admit that this is little more than an attempt to regain the glory days of the 10% protection collections - then people may finally move on - and the people may very well turn their backs on the corrupt money grabbing tactics of the terrorists - of either political persuasion.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

There is no excuse for killing innocent people.

You say you are concerned yet help maintain the conditions that breeds the bigotry.

Be a part of the change you wish to see and that means standing up to the scum, on both sides, who wish to drag Northern Ireland back to the horror that was The Troubles.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
rashark in

lurgan

real uff

ardoyne

hardly what you call a peaceful society

i can see really bad things happening here again and its all down to the british occupation. i don't want it to happen but it will. and it wont be just here in northern ireland. be interesting though to see what will happen if the dissident republicans carry out their threats to attack capitalist institutions.

edit on 26-9-2010 by satanUK because: reviewed a comment

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Don`t feed the troll.

This maudlin Muppet seeks only aggravation.

Signing off

.....a citizen of the Republic of Ireland.

Umbra Sumus

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

No-one has said that Northern Ireland is some sort of idyllic, utopian society.
Of course there are still problems, but great strides forwards have been made.
The majority of people just want some peace and normality.

Unfortunately there are a minority, on all sides of the poltical and religious divide, who wish to drag Ulster back to the times of The Troubles.
They regret the loss of the power and control they had over their respective communities which they ruled through fear and manipulation.
They want that control back so they can run their protection rackets, gambling, prostitiution and drug and gun running.
So they can control the Irish people exploitng their natural romantic nature to persue their own agenda's of profit and control.

There is no British occupation.
Northern Ireland is part of The United Kingdom and always will be as long as the majority of people there wish to remain so.

You have made absolutely no effort to reply to any of the questions I have asked you and your only responses seem to be one's of rhetoric and dogma.

Do yourself a favour and try to think for yourself free from the sectarian nonsense you seem to have been indoctrinated with.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
While some in the thread have been preaching tolerance and that we should continue down the road to further peace, I am not one of them.

I would happy run up all the Irish republican scum in North Ireland and dump them in the Republic and then build a border similar to one that seperates North and South Korea. And finally tell the ROI Government to get it house in order or the British will take the country back under control. We did it once before.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
While some in the thread have been preaching tolerance and that we should continue down the road to further peace, I am not one of them.

I would happy run up all the Irish republican scum in North Ireland and dump them in the Republic and then build a border similar to one that seperates North and South Korea. And finally tell the ROI Government to get it house in order or the British will take the country back under control. We did it once before.

you did it once before and you were put out of it.

wait, britain taking over countries to control them. Where have we seen that recently? Oh that's rite, Afghanistan. Working well there isn't it. Was a bit humiliating retreating from sangin

edit on 6-10-2010 by satanUK because: more content

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I don’t use ATS as much as I used to, threads like this. Really there is nothing of value other than the OP directing us all to a song and then declaring that he supports Irish republicanism. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with any “conspiracy theory”.

I find it very ironic that the OP uses the name “satanUK”, the “UK” bit implies that you regard yourself as being from the UK and thus also regard yourself as being British. In fairness I can’t really judge you too much on your online alias but it does imply that your British first and Irish second yet your thread suggests the opposite.

This thread has no place on a site like ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
personally i wish it would just cop on, yes the north want to stay british, for obvious reasons, more money,better infrastructure... yes the irish want our countries back as this is our island. but unfortunitally it aint gona change, the R.I.R.A had no right to kill inocent people in their terror attacts, but people forget ireland was attacked too by the northern groups too, both as bad as each other.

and just like everything else, 99% of the northern ans southern people want peace and to just get along together but its the 1% that sticks out like a sore thumb makes one side or another look bad.

just my two cents on it anyway.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

The British were put out of Ireland. That is one of the best jokes I have seen written on ATS. The British have always understood that The Republic of Ireland had a limited value to the British Empire and once we have taken everything of value, it had no more value and we were happy to let you have the country back.

And the Republic has only developed as a serious economy since the EU pumped billions of Punts/Euro in to the country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join