It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Only going from this information I’d say;

E, seems like a nice guy looking after C for nothing in return.

A, He sounded a bit unsympathetic to C, although he had to prioritise getting the radio working to help rescue himself, rather than spending the time building a raft just to get her to the other island. The others will be rescued too, if he got it working. There’s not enough information to be certain he was thinking of the others whilst he was attempting to fix the radio.

C, Totally in love with guy D but slept with another guy on the first night so she could be with him, but I guess she would do anything for love. She could have at least tried to build a raft herself or swim. She sounds like a bit of a fool by asking the guy who was fixing a radio to help her build a raft.

D, Not in love with C as he would have built a raft to get to her or swam across. Not that far if they can see each other in moonlight.

B, A total moron, taking advantage of someone in distress.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is about which one I would have liked better not which one is actually the better person.

E would probably be most likeable because he helped out someone in need, though I would like him better if he helped out D before C
D because he was an innocent party who was duped and betrayed. He needs a friend
A because he is likely smart and practical but I would never put him first because he is too snappy and self-ritious
B may be a manipulator but he is probably charming and entreprenuial.
C is weak, is untrustworthy, and a betrayer.

E and D would be pretty much a tie though.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Zooooooooom.................sirens on, lights flashing............I'm on my way!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is very interesting..By the way, I didnt look at anyone elses responses before I wrote mine.

1. E, He was non judgemental and asked nothing in return for his kindness.
2. C She was willing to do anything to be at the side of her love.
3. B Though despicable, he kept his word.
4. A They were on an island for petes sake, he had nothing but time. (selfish)
5. D He must have been lying in the first place about loving C, otherwise he would have forgiven her.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
E: He is understanding and tries to help others regardless what they did without asking for anything in return. He's the kind of guy that carries around a first aid kit and napkins just in case.

D: Because he was faithful and his heart was broken by the one he loves the most

A: He's trying to get to safety which will in the end get everyone else to safety too (but he could've been more understanding to C.) I like that he knows how to build a radio out of nothing, he's someone I wouldn't mind getting stuck on an island with.

C: I don't like her.
1. The only thing I like is her love for D but she shouldn't have slept with anyone for any reason.
1- 1. If she can see the other island with D on it in the distance, then she can swim across.
1- 2. If she doesn't know how to swim then she can learn.
1- 3. There's no need to sell yourself when you're already dedicated to someone else unless of course she had to for the sake of his or her own life.
1- 4. In fact, she should build her own raft, she's got arms. Why does she have to rely on men for everything?
2. Worst off, she's the only female, which will make the men compete instead of work together. She also can't do anything herself and is already a big problem.
All in all, she's a poor representation for women.

B: I like that he kept his promise but no man (or woman) should take advantage of someone weak. Ever.

edit on 9/26/10 by ohsnaptruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
E seemingly selfless

A working on other stuff, he probably would have started on a raft next if C had just waited

D emotional but understandable, he's been mad all night, maybe he'll realize later why C screwed around on him. Maybe he's better off without her.

B what a jerk.

C its bugging me that she didn't just build her own raft, or wait until A wasn't so busy. What's another day or two anyway? And D just isn't that into her, or he wouldn't have let himself get separated. It might have taken longer, but she whored herself impatiently. Is she going to do that every time she wants something? She has a lot to learn.

A and E are interchangeable. Both seem to be good people.
D probably wasn't that into her anyway, but enough to be bugged, and it showed him a bad side of her.
C and B are also interchangeable. Both have their faults.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
E - He took the girl in not asking for anything and helped her!
D - Is hurt and in my opinion even though he never heard why she did what she did, reacted as I would react even if I knew why she did that!
A - Maybe he is right in thinking the way he did and not helping the girl, but I just think he could have offered her atleast some advice on how to build one!
C - She gave her Body to another man! it's just unnaceptable and unforgivable imo! she didn't even think about it! and she didn't even make the effort to try to make the raft herself! and gave herself up way too easy! I could not forgive this if I was her partner!
B - Absoulutely Disgusting! what a Pig of a man to demand such things from a woman trying to reach her Love! I would have no problem eating this guy to survive I tell you that!
(I would actually but you know what i'm getting at)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I read the OP's 1st post only and will go beack and read the others after I post. I didn't want to be influenced by other's responses. Here's mine.

A & E
I like A because he's practical and was doing what logically needed to be done. Matters of the heart have to wait. Furthermore, by not helping her, she had an "opportunity" for self growth - which she missed. She COULD have built the raft herself, just as well as any of the men.

I like E because he's UNCONDITIONAL. Only a person who can truly love, can understand "unconditional".

C & D
C - is the "stereotypical" bimbo for sexists. I dislike stereotypes and she fits it too well. That said, she ALLOWED herself to be (play) the stereotypical "Bimbo". Play and Be Played.

D - doesn't know how to ask questions and LISTEN to the answers. Pig-headed. He should have asked her, "Why?" at the least.

B - B is despicable for demanding any payment of any kind. Survival groups must work together, not for themselves. He's a selfish BLEEP METER JUST ERUPTED!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

B - B is despicable for demanding any payment of any kind. Survival groups must work together, not for themselves. He's a selfish BLEEP METER JUST ERUPTED!

Easy there guy...You are talking about the love of my life.

You are going to blame a man for wanting to get laid? May as well blame the sun for shining!

Why does everyone trust the E character? I think he is possibly a serial killer, waiting for the right moment to strike. If he was a social person he would already be in contact and cooperation with the others...but nooooo. He is off building an empire by his lonesome. I don't trust him but admit he may be the best of the bunch.

BTW: If "A" gets that radio working.... I'll eat my grass skirt!

edit on 26-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that D now has a raft and can freely go pay a visit to B? Would A intervene to help B? And is it possible that if the radio was working that D would leave C and E and say that they were natives to the other island and unfriendly to the rescue ship?

Maybe I looked too deep.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Ahabstar because: to to too....grrr

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Why does everyone trust the E character?

edit on 26-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

E knew first things first..food and shelter, C wanted love, B wanted nookie, A wanted to be a hero, and D wanted to spy on C

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Definitely looked too deep! The point is not to play out all the possibilities as if you were actually there. It's to rate each person based on the current situation, and small bit of information you've got at hand.

To answer your questions:

no
Idk
improbable

edit on 26-9-2010 by unityemissions because: same same to too

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Lol! You are looking deeply, but I love it.
Didn't even think about D having a raft now.
B could wind up paying the price after all, although I think C is the responsible one, don't you?
B made her an offer she couldn't refuse. hehe.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A. He seems like the only person working towards getting help for everyone.
E. He didn't judge C and helped her.
As for the rest, I think they all sound lazy and not/or worried enough about the predicament they were in. Priorities, responsibilities first! Going with the information given in the OP...
D. He had every right to be hurt but I have to wonder why he didn't go to her since they were separated. I'm glad he was fortunate enough to know she cheated on him, had he not seen this, he may have never known. He realized she was not worth his love.
B. I think he is a scum bag and assume he was single, lol, but it was C. who was in a relationship. All he did was suggest a barter, she didn't have to lower her standards.
C. She hasn't a clue what love is, her perception of love is warped and selfish, she can not be trusted.

If I was D, I would suggest C give it up again to B, in exchange to getting everyone off the island

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Anyone else notice that D now has a raft and can freely go pay a visit to B? Would A intervene to help B? And is it possible that if the radio was working that D would leave C and E and say that they were natives to the other island and unfriendly to the rescue ship?

Maybe I looked to deep.

Thats funny!!!

No A wouldnt help, hes to busy trying to play "The Professor".

I dont think D leaving C and E would be possible since the islands were in such close proximity. Though he could injure himself and claim he swam to the island to get away from crazed lunatics C and E where he constructed a raft... holy crap speculation, maybe b was a grey alien that wanted a hybrid offspring, ok im stopping now

edit on 26-9-2010 by psyko45 because: content

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

E knew first things first..food and shelter,

So he gathers and gloms onto all the island food resources first, probably smart.
Now he will be selling bananas to the rest of them.
Do we still like the guy? I think I am going to kill him and take his stuff.

Not really.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
E- most. no reason to dislike him and he was helpful
B- 2nd most, he built the raft even though he did take advantage first. It never hurts to ask?

A-not very helpful or understanding, but innocent from all the other stupidness at least
C-Helpless, why not build it herself, plus she's a slut willing to use her body to get her way.
D- like him the least, he's trapped on an island, a woman does what she did just to get to him, and he turns her away? Stupid in so many ways! Petty and jealous, and in a few days or weeks, he is going to wish he had a woman around!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As to why D didn't build a raft and go to her, I dunno maybe he was in the middle of building a raft? or maybe he was waiting it out with E trying to get things sorted and putting his emotions aside for the good of the group and could see his loved one was safe on the other island?

We didn't get a great deal of info on D other than his reaction to seeing his partner with another man! and as for A, everybody seems to think he was finding those bits for the good of the group to help everyone out, I don't think so! I think he was just looking out for himself and couldn't care less about the others or he would have helped C build a raft so that they could all group together and function as a group where everybody could help! I don't like A!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
After reading the OP I wrote down my response, then read all the posts...some opinions I agree with, many I don't.

But, I still keep my original order A, D, E, C, B

A, he had the right priorities
D, mostly for sympathy, imagine being without the one you loved, to see them being with another man without even attempting to resist.
E, no other place to put him. He did what he should. So good on him. Although, he is in a world of hurt having to live with both D and C and all their baggage now.
C, I had a hard time keeping her above B...she didn't have to give in so easily, with no guarantee the raft would even be built, she coulda asked A again, or try to build it herself. D dumping her was probably in his best interest obviously ;-)
B, Like I just said, hard to pick the worst of the last two...but I'm going with B since it was his idea, but he did follow through with his promise, probably so he wouldn't have to feed and protect C because he is obviously scum looking to serve his own desires.

Thanks that was fun, truth in advertising, it happens, sometimes.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Okay, I've taken the bait an heres my answer.

I guess that I liked person "E" the most because he was willing to help out someone in need despite the fact that her situation was self inflicted.

Next would be person "A" because even though it appeared that he had no concern for the woman's plight, in reality he had a keen sense of priority and he knew that a repaired radio would result in the rescue and reunification of all parties on both islands.

Next would be person "D" who even though it's hard to blame him for being upset with the betrayal, I have to ask myself, why didn't he build a raft and attempt to rejoin his girlfriend instead of waiting for her to take some action.

Next would be the woman, person "C" who apparently has no sense of trust or loyalty and who is more than willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy her own desires.

In last place would be Person "B" who is without a doubt, the most despicable of the bunch. Either you help someone or you don't, but to leverage that help to satisfy your own sexual desires is, IMO, lower than dirt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join