It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
B - he used a vulnerable woman to get sex
c - if she was loyal to her man she would never have done it knowing the pain she would cause
a - he could have offered some other kind of solution
e - he took in someone elses woman even though she done wrong, and their is always an ulterior motive
d - he was innocent and felt the pain of watching his woman with another man

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I went for:

A was ingenious
E was altruistic
D didn't listen
C didn't think it through
B didn't have any humanity

Look forward to find out what this all means!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A- He is "real", he is not concered with C's petty problem he is trying to help everyone.
E- Seems like a caring person. E did not judge C, just wanting to help her.
D- Understandable position. I can see why he was mad, there were other ways in which C could have obtained her goal.
C- She had sex to see her BF. She didn't think he may have been planning to build a raft.. she could have built one her self? Dislike her thought process.
B- He is a pig. He took advantage of C.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Good social anthropology.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A - because Rainman rocks

C - because the female of the species is far more deadly than the male

E - because

B - because needs must

D - because he is a reactionary who cannot be reasoned with

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The obvious right answers are:

C
B
E
A
D

For reasons I will not disclose.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A is on a roll for me .E is building a home and doesn't expect company for awhile so ,company is never bad .B is stuck with the radio man so they may end up making music .D is in a bad way ,alone and mad .C just wants to get off the darn island and get to the spa . Crazy world A . None of them deserves to be disliked more than the others , unless you decide to dislike a slut . is it ok to use that word.[slut] ..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

A= is just looking after himself, don't be fooled into thinking he is doing this for everyone
B= is just looking after himself and what he can get out of the situation
C= is just looking after herself and will do anything to get what she wants out of the situation
D= dam, I like the way this guy thinks...he's my hero
E= might be looking out for others but man is he stupid or what. Now he is sharing shelter with the one person that will drive D over the edge. Not too smart.

Now admittedly I am not one that is fond of many people and would probably drown the lot of them just so I could get some solitude. But in fairness, this is how I rate them, although I do not believe anyone is better than anyone else.

E
D
A
B
C

Still....I wish I was on one of those islands right now...imagine how quiet it would be..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Very interesting. I didn't read any other posts yet, but here's my response:

1. E - He helped C when she needed it, without asking for anything in return.
2. A - He took responsibility for getting the radio equipment going, but didn't empathize with C when she asked him to build her a raft.
3. D - He didn't give C a chance to explain what he saw.
4. C - She depended on the men to build her a raft and was unfaithful to D.
5. B - Took advantage of C's need for a raft. Even though he could build it for her, he made sure he got what he wanted in the deal.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
ill go with
b
c
e
a
d

just because lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
E - - - I like E the most because he was not involved in the problems that the others were having and simply asked nothing of C and gave here shelter.

A - - - I like A second because he was honest to C and simply refused to help her, he did not take advantage of the situation for his benefit.

D - - - I like D third because he was simply devestated by what C did with B, he was understandibly angry and hurt.

C - - - I like C fourth because while her overall intentions were good, she was willing to betray D so that she could see him without thinking that what she did with B would hurt him. It was rather selfish.

B - - - I like D last because he was wrong in taking advantage of C in her time of need.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

this is in context of the situation...

B...is my favorite...first he does not know if they will be found, so mostly for pleasure, but also for survival he screws C to make sure she will have some connection to him. if she gets pregnant, she would be more apt to helping him in a life or death situation with the other 3 men if it ever reached that level. and any offspring would be his, further cementing his own survival. also he showed great skill in managing to build a boat, which he could use to go between islands for escape, food, water, shelter, signaling, etc.. one other thing about this guy, sure he took advantage of the womans weakness, but he fulfilled his end of the deal, without fear or force being used, and it was she that agreed to it. he was the only one that kept his word when he didn't have to, and that would be important in a survival mode.

second favorite
A...he immediately started working on the radio. this showed focus in trying to solve the problem of getting off the island, and without being interrupted by the possibility of getting laid. this type of focus could come in handy in other survival situations.

third favorite
E... he showed initiative, and skill, in providing shelter, and food without any moral judgement of the womans situation.

fourth favorite
C...the woman showed that she has courage and determination in achieving a goal, even if the sex act was gross and ugly to her, that would come in handy in any other situation that occurred on the two islands.

and last
D...the boyfriend...he easily jumped to a conclusion which was wrong, and let anger interfere with critical-thinking skills. 100% bad for a survival situation...in fact, he would have to be watched closely, if he showed any of the same tendancies in the future, he would be better off being eliminated for the betterment of the other 4.

i would use a different order in a different situation, other than the one (survival on 2 islands) given by the OP

edit on 26-9-2010 by jimmyx because: syntax and other sentence structure problems

edit on 26-9-2010 by jimmyx because: too many "also's"

edit on 26-9-2010 by jimmyx because: because i was an idiot on my last edits, by not proof reading it in depth

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A - Is a nerdy all business type who might be good to have around but in a short amount of time B, or E will probably kill him after he gets the radio fixed.
B - After screwing the woman B didn't have to build the raft. He might have just blown her off or said one more time and then I will help you but he didn't. If you ask me C should have stayed with him. He has obvious skills and can build a raft.
C - is a flighty woman and a poor judge of character. Instead of helping the group she acts upon her own base physical needs. She might have gotten swept away in the raft and ruined this small communities chance to have children or any heterosexual relationships what ever.
D - I think this man has esteem issues and did not share love for the woman in the same degree of ferocity as she for him.
E - The fellow might have been an ax murderer in the states but here he is without an ax and so he just plods along doing his thing. He takes in the woman because he is probably the smartest of the group. Now he has four hands for whatever he needs to accomplish...if anything. If nothing... he always has the poor mans stage.

I do not like A, but I will be as happy as anyone when he gets the radio fixed.
I don't know enough about E to trust him. D is a pussy. C is acting like a libido crazed whore and I think she would do better searching for radio parts, or fresh water instead of love in this instance. I am liking the man who screwed her and then built the raft.

B - So he is an unscrupulous cad. I kind of like him. And we can go places in the raft!
E - who knows? He was kind to take her in but he may have ulterior motives- so lets not deify the guy yet.
A - alright at least he is doing something
C - already this woman is bothering me. Can we throw her off the island?
D - scum

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is my list... from most likable to least likable:

E - Because he helped C, with no strings attached. (Benevolent, selfless)

C - Because she did what she did for love.

A - Neutral: not helpful, not hurtful.

D - Turned away from love. Did not trust. Made no attempt of his own to reach C on the other island.

B - Was unwilling to give unconditionally, though he had the time and the means. Bargained with C to 'prostitute herself' before he would help her.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A. He is focused on the big picture. Why on earth would he bother building a boat if that problem and a larger one could be solved in one go?

E. He did nothing wrong, and actually helped a woman after she had explained her tragic situation, and foolish action.

C. She didn't take MANY things into consideration, and only acted out of selfish-love.

D. He was impatient and didn't listen to his supposed lover.

B. This guy is just a scum bag.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

A was # 1 in my book. He was thinking about the well being of everybody. Radio=usefull. Raft=selfish.

E is # 2 Took the girl in without a need for reward. Selfless act.

C is # 3 While she did make a bad choice. At least she did it out of love without the intention to hurt.

B is # 4 He basically took advantage of the situation. A person like this may be very useful in said situation but cannot be trusted. Back stabber.

D is # 5 Highly irrational. Didn't use his head. acted out emotionally. not trustworthy.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm enjoying all the responses!

I will give mine which hasn't changed in many years.

1. A. Because he was trying to help everyone, by getting them out of there. He's cerebral.
2. E. Because he was nurturing, accepting, and compassionate.

Now, I'd like to be clear I don't like any of the others. lol. So the following is in the order of the least detested:

3. C. I don't like her dependence. I wanted her to build her own raft, or swim, or put her personal emotional wants and needs aside for a moment, for the greater good. She could have helped A look for radio parts, or something. Caught a fish, or gone crabbing. lol.

4. B. Yeah, I know. But he didn't exactly rape her. He provided her with the option of prostituting herself, and she jumped on it. And he followed through with apparently what he considered a business deal. His word was good, at least, and he made his intentions and character known. He didn't lie, or present himself as anything other than the scum he is.

5. D. Yuck. Can't stand him. lol. Why didn't he build a raft to get to her? How dare he turn her away anyway?
Seriously, grow up and get over yourself. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm thinking I will let the thread run it's course tonight and post the key in the morning?
Is that too long? If so, I'll post it later tonight.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Lol I like how you think. You are my new # 1. I also agree with the last three all being despicable.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
U2U the key!!!!

I could die tonight
Be raptured tonight (thats what another thread says)
Be abducted by aliens tonight (another thread says this is possible as well)
Be hit with a solar flare (yep another thread)

Sheesh, look around on ATS at all the things that could happen!!!!!

U2U THE DAMN KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
E - A - D - C - B

E:

I liked A and E about the same, but I like E the most because he was compassionate. He helped C when she needed help, even though the trouble she was in was mostly her own fault. He wasn't just doing it to get something from her, he was doing it out of empathy.

A:

I liked A because he was being useful, and he had appropriate priorities established. I don't quite like him as much as E, because I thought he was too rude with C about building the raft, and could have shown a little bit more sympathy for her while still insisting he go on with his radio work.

D:

This guy shouldn't have been jumping to conclusions based on long-distance moonlight observation. How does he know what he saw? Also, C is under a lot of stress, and clearly not acting rationally. How much can he really blame her for what happened? The fact that he didn't give C a chance to explain herself or try and make amends is very distressing to me.

C:

This girl really needs to get her priorities straight. She should be helping A with the bloody radio, not bothering people to build a raft for her. Why doesn't she try to build one herself? I understand she's in love and all, but how deep does that love really go? She didn't even hesitate to trade sexual favors to B in exchange for a raft, which is equally distressing and perplexing. Was it really necessary? Would she have told D when she got over to his island what she'd done to get there? I DO sympathize with her situation, but she acted very poorly.

B:

I like this fella the least. Say what you will about the mind-numbing mistakes of C and D, this guy is far worse. Once again it's stupid priorities. He, like C, should be helping A with the bloody radio. Instead, he callously takes advantage of C's emotional instability and irrational state of mind by offering to build he a raft in exchange for sexual favors. That's pretty low in my opinion. He knew why she wanted the raft (to go see D) and that makes it even more egregious. This guy was definitely the worst of the bunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join