It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Six months since Congress passed the healthcare reform bill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here we have Ron Paul telling it like it is. Again

We were told that if we really wanted to see what was in the bill we would have to pass it first.

Go Ron! Give em hell.

I'll let the man speak for himself. I'm surprised many have missed this.

"This week marks six months since Congress passed the healthcare reform bill in what has become all-too-typical legislative chicanery. Those in power crafted a mammoth piece of legislation and rammed it through Congress under a dire sense of emergency. Insisting on time enough to read the bill was dismissed as dangerous and crazy in a time of crisis.

We were told that if we really wanted to see what was in the bill we would have to pass it first. I cannot imagine the Founding Fathers intended that Congress legislate in this manner. I would think if a member is not absolutely certain the entire legislation meets constitutional muster, the default vote should be "no" in accordance with our oath of office. But now that Congress has had six months to read the new law, there is a significant amount of buyer's remorse on Capitol Hill....
"

edit on 26-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
RP, the man, the doctor, the patriot.
Come 2012 I will demand he be our presidential candidate. If not in the Republican or the Democrat than in the Saltheart Foamfollower party.

The time is now for all to set aside their differences and see the truth that is staring us in the face. We are either to be free or enslaved.

God Bless and Peace my fellow Americans.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Awesome post.....however, I don't think it's buyers remorse on the hill. I think alot of them are realizing they may have commited politicaal suicide following their messiahs plans. Obama sold them a bill of goods with no option, at least as far as Dems are concerned, and they will feel the backlash. Pelosi is an enemy of the state and has no business in politics, let alone living in this country, and yert they trusted her too. I agree, wonder how the founding fathers would feel knowing that they are voting on legislaation in such a manner......you can know what's in it once it passes. Anyway, hopefully the Republicans can repeal it once they take over the house and senate....that leaves Obama not fulfilling his biggest campaign promise.....must really be embarressing to not pass any of your big things.......ah well, change is a comin' don't think Pelosi, Reid, or Obama are gonna like it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
well when your right your right.

let us not forget Ron paul is also a doctor.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sadly, it's too little, too late. The bill is passed. Question is, what comes next? Only time will tell us what the reality of it will look like...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Buyer's remorse indeed, how can any bill actually be good if they are telling you that we must wait to see how it works. That sounds like the crafters of the legislation don't even know what it does. How can we be expected to like or even trust legislation that its crafters don't understand.

The only thing I am seeing out of this is a mandate, sure there are some perks as would be expected. I'm not saying the whole bill is a disaster, but its premise is a nightmare. There are better and cheaper ways of guaranteeing everyone health coverage and all this bill does is guarantee 30 million more people health coverage while ignoring the other 20 million.

So we will go from 17% of the population uninsured to 6%, sure that's a massive leap in the right direction but that still leaves out 6% and this does not mention the side effects of the bill such as higher premiums and that you are mandated to provide corporate welfare directly. I guess the indirect way of corporate welfare was too obvious.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The way things have ended up is Simply Pathetic.
Who are they trying to kid here?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Giving this thread a shameless bump.
It's too important.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I would think if a member is not absolutely certain the entire legislation meets constitutional muster, the default vote should be "no" in accordance with our oath of office.

I agree with the above statement. In fact, I do not see how anyone could disagree with it. But the legislation still passed. Passing it without knowing what was in it is dereliction of duty and all of them should face the consequences of their irresponsibility.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The way things have ended up is Simply Pathetic.
Who are they trying to kid here?

Agreed, sadly.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. I'll post Rons next video when it comes out.
Stay tuned

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sadly, the truth of the reality is that this country is falling apart. Many prophecies have foretold this. it is sad they had to blackmail congress to get it through. it makes me think that something like another 911 is going to show up when this bill takes effect.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why did they rush it through?

Because they are crooks, and crooks get in, take what they can, and get out as soon as they can.
The time was ticking for them.

Either that, or, they didnt know wtf they were doing, so they put together some monstorous bill to act like they did, and rushed it through before anyone could see the bs. Once they did, it was too late to do anything about it, and it would be enacted regardless down the road, leaving people to fight over some imaginary made up bill that made no sense, all for political gain.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Well of course they're crooks.
Did you expect anything else?

top topics

join