It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Superhero Comic Book to Make Its Debut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

NEW YORK -- Comic book fans will soon be getting their first glimpse at an unlikely new superhero -- a Muslim boy in a wheelchair with superpowers. The new superhero is the brainchild of a group of disabled young Americans and Syrians who were brought together last month in Damascus by the Open Hands Intiative, a non-profit organization founded by U.S. philanthropist and businessman Jay T. Snyder.
Source

Open Hands website here.

I guess we'll have a Muslim breakfast cereal next? Frosted Mini Imams Or perhaps some Pop Tarts with Koran verses on them?

There is a thing as going overboard to ram something down the throats of people....Ya know

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I think you really have a sense of Islamaphobia towards your mind as a muslim superhero is no different than a christian batman, also... Since when does superhero have to do with ethnicity?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The superhero is also in a wheelchair. Why didn't you make your thread title, "Disabled Superhero Comic Book to Make Its Debut"?

You don't need to answer that, I already know.

The superhero was created by kids, both Muslim and non-Muslim, so I fail to see what you mean by your comment about "too much." This is actually really good for the kids; it empowers them to push beyond their disabilities.

And it is not the first Muslim superhero.
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My first reaction is "so what"

My next is lets hope he never has to speak to the prohet mohammad, there will be death threats if they draw a picture of him.

Sarcasim aside, why not have a comic book with a Muslim hero in it ? if you don't like the idea of it don't read it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

Your the one who brought "ethnicity" for obvious purposes. I do not waste my time with folks like you who have to place race and or ethnicity into their arguments because they refuse (or are paid to in some cases) argue a mute point.

I'm tired of our government along with soft minds who are afraid to say whats on their minds because of antics like your reply.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

So what works for those who do not care what is going on around them. However its that same attitude why nothing ever seems to get done about a lot of things on the minds of most Americans these days.

CX

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sounds fair enough....i mean we have enough super heroes here don't we.

I wonder if he'll need disabled access ramps whenever he springs into action?

Maybe the wheelchair flys and theres no need?

Something different anyway.

CX.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is a list of Catholic superheroes
www.adherents.com...

There are also dozens of superheroes from the other Christian denominations, so why not a few Muslim superheroes?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Superman has a achilles heel, Kryptonite, I wonder if this superhero has a pork bun as his achilles heel?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Being a not so ex comic book collector there have been, over the years, many heroes and villains in comic books who were *gasp* Muslim.

I daresay not many people care...or wouldn't were this silliness not broadcast on a constant never ending basis. It's a fictional character, developed by a bunch of kids...ain't hardly an attack on Western Civilization, or the end of it, either...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I despise this.
Not muslims, just people in wheel chairs with super powers.

So whats the freakin big deal with a comic that only a select few will pic up and read.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

It's exactly the same thing as having a Christian or Buddhist or Jewish Superhero. Everyone, especially children, need a hero they can relate to in some way. He doesn't have to be your hero. Thank you mikelee for contributing yet another useless thread to ATS. You are a shining example of ignorance and a great pupil for TPTB. You make their job much easier. Pat yourself on the back, have a cookie.. This valiant effort to expose the evil-doers will not go unnoticed. You wanna talk about cramming things down people's throats? How about you stop cramming your weak, ignorant, propaganda down my throat? I'm sick of hearing people like you referring to Muslims or ANYONE for that matter as inferior beings. You're no better, but after this post I could imagine you might be worse. Rise above the ignorance, become a real member of ATS. I've had to use this quote far too often recently.. "For a moment if you please forget what you believe, and naked you will see that we are all the same"-A guy who knows what he is talking about.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

~A translation for the fine people of A. T. S.~

OP: ugh they are really forcing islam down our throats

Daniyal: your prejudice is showing!

OP: NO U

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what i found interesting is the "cross over" of the Muslim team with the Justice League of America. THe "JLA " has never teamed up with a religious group before...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

Sure they have, they teamed up with the New Gods of the Fourth World!

edit on 27-9-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: lynx

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the new gods echo christianity, but have never been advertised as a christian super hero group. i think diversity is great and fostering tolerance through any medium is a good thing, but the conspiracy theorist in me is dubious.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Super hero?
How does he expect to chop off the head of the infidel from a wheel chair?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
To the many replys, thanks! I personally feel and view it as no more than another attempt to portray something as positive when the facts state otherwise. I also think its a little cheesy. My .02 worth.

Unsubscribed and off --------->

top topics

join