It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater in Iraq: Lots of Steroids, Black Market Weapons and Ammo and "Large Amounts of Cocaine an

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Blackwater in Iraq: Lots of Steroids, Black Market Weapons and Ammo and "Large Amounts of Cocaine and Blocks of Hashish"

www.blacklistednews.com

In the past Africa has been a treasure trove looted by covetous colonialists, voracious rebels and kleptocratic rulers — over the last 300 years think slaves, ivory, gold, diamonds, tin and cotton. Now it is a transit point and storeroom for the coc aine trade.

And then there are the afterparties, where:

Blackwater personnel would pull out AK47s and go out onto the balcony and “would just spray the building next door, which housed Iraqi civilians.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There is a link to click on the read the article. I have been curious to see what the future holds for this company. Way back a few years ago Blackwater was a tight run ship and things were not the way they are now. Even though Erik Prince had a good start because he came from wealth he did put alot of work and effort into building Blackwater and the brand. I have thought that one of the alphabet agencys would "absorb them" quietly. Rumor that I hear is that there are some former BW operators who have gone on to one of those agencys.

I think that with all of their different divisions Blackwater and or Xe has the potential to become (if not already) a potential worry to the FedGov in the event of anything on a mass scale happens on US soil. But I bet the gov and Xe have already talked about that. : )

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Are we talking about West Africa, or Iraq? Maybe Iraqi refugees in Africa? I do know that Blackwater (Xe) is in Africa, though I find it hard to believe that Blackwater agents are partying with coc aine. Blackwater agents are usually people with "type-A" personalities, with many or most of them coming from Special Forces or Special Operatoins units of various western militaries (and even some non-western). They usually maintain their mental and physical fitness, as they are professional soldiers/agents/operatives.

I do know that mant use steroids, as many American soldiers use steroids, though I don't really look down on steroids, especially for professional soldiers as it enhances performance, allowing the user to be a better, stronger and more lethal warrior. I would almost go as far to say that the military looks the other way for "juicers", though I wouldn't go as far to say that they condone it. For this issue, I'll digress.

Could some of them use coc aine? Sure, but it is unlikely, though not really highly unlikely. Do I believe that they are involved with the drug trade? I lean towards that direction, yes, especially since I believe that the CIA is behind the meat of the drug trade and the CIA and Blackwater have a very close and comfortable relationship. Blackwater has become the CIA's enforcement wing, from my own understanding, at least on missions that are too "dirty" for the US military.

With that being said, I find it difficult to believe that Blackwater operatives are getting high on coc aine and acting a fool, which makes me call into question the accuracy of the article. Maybe it's based on truth, though I can't seem to take it at face value.

--airspoon

edit on 26-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This kind of disgusting behavior is par for the course when you are a member of US government, their corporate friends, or their goon squad. As laws are for us lowly slaves not these members of the "elite class".

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yea just like the Iran - Contra bull crap, that's when the CIA black fights started to bring coc aine in from South America.
I have relative that is blackwater now, but we don't talk, he's a pervert and he knows I know.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I would also question the legitimacy of the article, though I would not be shocked to find many the allegations to be at least partially truthful.

As far as roids are concerned, I can attest that we had one man attached to our unit denied deployment (and subsequently reprimanded) for pissing a hole in the bottom of his cup. He tested positive for two different types of steroids and was declared unfit for deployment. The military, specifically SOC units, prides itself on physical fitness, and does look the other way on most "performance enhancers." When tasked with highly sensitive and dangerous operations, however, the last thing anyone needs is a headcase all juiced up dug in next to them. Anabolic roids effect the decision making process, and degrade the ability of an operator to maintain a cool and collected calm when the "grease gets hot" (nenothtu).

Blackwater/Xe definitely has some cowboy elements, but they also can claim to have some very intelligent and level-headed operators on their staff. I don't trust PMC's as a rule of thumb though. I've seen these guys (PMC's in-general, not just Xe) fudge up one too many times to ever align myself directly with their cause. Even within SOC units, there are those guys people look up to. The combat divers, the real advanced individuals with more training and money invested in them than you can shake a stick at. Real professionals. I have yet to run across any of those individuals in Iraq or the Stan that were under the employ of a private contracting firm. Their ROE was simple as far as I could tell: light up anything and everything within a 300m radius if shots are fired. I don't like it, and even turned down a large offer that would have paid for my school, my house and then some when all was said and done.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

When tasked with highly sensitive and dangerous operations, however, the last thing anyone needs is a headcase all juiced up dug in next to them. Anabolic roids effect the decision making process, and degrade the ability of an operator to maintain a cool and collected calm when the "grease gets hot" (nenothtu).

That's not true. That is the common misconception of what anobolics do. "Roid-rage" is nothing more than a higher level of testosterone (with many anobolics not even containing testosterone), which we all make naturally anyway and in fact, most steroids don't do anything other than what your body does naturally anyway, it just allows you to go beyond what your body can produce naturally, though that doesn't mean that it goes beyond what your buddy's body produces naturally. I don't want to break T&C or incriminate anyone by implying they do illegal steroids (or even that steroids are good for you, though they are often prescribed so not illegal and not against T&C), but I can say that anobolic steroids are common in the military, especially in SO and SF, so I would be absolutely shocked if they weren't prevalent in Blackwater. Steroids, unlike coc aine or recreational drugs, shouldn't affect your ability to think and/or shoot straight, though that doesn't mean that they aren't dangerous - or addictive-, especially when not under the watchful eye of a doctor or medical professional. For this reason, soldiers love it, especially soldiers who are asked to go further, faster and with a heavier load.

So, even if it came out that Blackwater operatives were on steroids, it wouldn't mean that they were illegal steroids or even that it is necessarily bad. Cocaine on the other hand, I couldn't imagine these guys doing, then acting a fool while partying with it. These guys aren't college fratboys.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh I'm keenly aware of the use of steroids in the military, however it has been my experience that when it comes time to piss in the cup, you better have your system clean. I can assure you that I never took them, nor did any of my close friends in the unit. I know a few SSgt's who would arrange for a Soldier to piss at a time more fitting to their own "needs," but it is a FACT that men have been denied deployment and/or reprimanded for pissing hot.

As far as PMC's are concerned, well, I would actually put money on the fact that they could test positive for shark testosterone and be cleared for deployment.

Cocaine actually seems plausible, but not in the way suggested by this article. Amphetamines are everywhere in the Stan and Iraq. If you've got dudes pressing on for 72 hours without sleep under extremely harsh conditions, a little pick-me-up goes a long way. I remember hearing about a couple crewmen from the 172nd Stryker brigade combat team who required medical attention due to cardiac issues stemming from OTC amphetamines. I always stuck to chewing on coffee grounds or taking the occasional "no-doze" as a last resort.

You are right, however, I can not picture Xe contractors or operators partying hard with mountains of columbian gold, lighting up the neighborhood with small arms fire. Seems like someone just finished watching scarface.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: grammar - spelling - other such stupidity

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Did you know that amphetamines are actually given to certain military members - legally? Bomber pilots for instance, are given amphetamines for long sorties, as are a few other occupations. However, prescribing a drug for a particular mission and partying with those drugs are two completely different animals.

As far as the steroids in the military, I'm sure people have been kept back from deployment for its use, as the military doesn't condone it. I'm sure the tollerence is on a unit by unit basis. I'm not sure but I believe the random UA comes from a database at the Battalion level.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You need to stop your love affair with anabolic steroids man. You are incorrect about what is commonly known as "roid rage" also. Part of the research I did for my Masters was on the effects of steroids on male athletes and society. They are dangerous physically and more so mentally and the gains are short lived as well. They are NOT ok.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Correct me if im wrong but i thought the air force stopped giving out the "go" and "no go" pills after the incident where some of our pilots bombed canadian troops. correct me if im wrong its been a few years since that happened

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Roid rage is real, don't fool yourself. When I was in they did not routinely test for steroids because the test was too expensive and the drug lab that did was on the other coast. Only those who were suspected using had their pee test for roids.

edit on 26-9-2010 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Aspirin (and even oxygen) can be dangerous if not taken correctly or used properly. Furthermore, anobolics, just like any other prescription medication, needs to be taken according to a strict regimen (i.e. doctor's supervision) or it will harm you. This doesn't mean that Oxygen, aspirin or any other prescription medication is harmful. Partying with coc aine or recreational drugs is something else entirely.

Furthermore, you don't just take steroids and get big. You have to work out and diet properly to get big or to say, fix a torn ligament (or whatever you are taking them for). All it does is either make your body produce more naturally occuring chemicals or it places naturally occuring chemicals in your body (that your body is lacking in ). Therefore, the gains last just as long as if you were to not use them at all. It is not a medicine that automatically makes you get big, it just allows your body to enhance what it already does or should do naturally. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Furthermore, testosterone is what makes people cocky, "a jerk" or do risky behavior. It's what makes people "ballsy" and it is this behavior magnified in steroid users that is often mistaken for "roid rage". However, someone with a naturally higher testosterone level will be more prone to that rage, then someone without (with a few exceptions, since people with naturally occuring high testosterone levels have had time to cope with it and are used to it.). Now with that, some illegal steroid use can make people emotional since the body produces estrogen to counter the unnatural levels of testosterone, though steroid use under a doctor's supervision will counter that with different medications to limit and/or block the estrogen levels in the body.

Millions of people across the globe legally take steroids under the supervision of doctors and it's ridiculous to say that its usage is any more dangerous than any other prescription medication, only because that is popular opinion. It's no more dangerous than anti-inflamatories, anti-biotics or muscle-relaxing medication (etc, etc, etc...). Therefore it isn't necessarily bad for Blackwater operators to be on steroids. "Roid rage" is due to the testosterone levels in the body. Did you think it makes you high or something or alters your mind like recreational drugs? lol. Do you think that there is some unique chemical that maes people mad? You should research it, as there are all kinds of medical studies on the subject (some better than others), due it's medical necessity.

Because I don't find this story credible, though I do think it's based on some truth, I'm going to leave it at that. My reasons for thinking it's false is because the author isn't clear on Iraq or Africa, I don't think coc aine use is common with Blackwater operators (for the reasons listed in the other posts), though I do think steroid use is. I also think that coc aine ties are are there, thugh not for recreation. The point originally made about the steroids, is that it is prevalent in the military, thus is probably is in Blackwater too, seeing how many of the operators were in the military. Anything else, is really off topic unless you are trying to say that I'm wrong about the steroid use, due to what you percieve as harmful effects or "roid-rage" that is not found naturally.

reply to post by TheScale

I believe your right, at least as far as pilots go, though I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut back use, instead of banning it all together. The need is still there, so I couldn't see them just ditching it. In fact, the more dvanced aircraft that we get, the more it would be needed, since these aircraft conduct their sorties from US bases, making their flight time extremely long. Now amphetamines are dangerous and harmful to your body, with or without doctor supervision, as it interupts your sleep.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I'm not saying that roid-rage isn't real, though what I am saying is that it is just natural, as someone with the same amount of testosterone and.or estrogen levels is going to have the same complex, if they are prone to it. Furthermore, if you take them correctly, as in under the care of a doctor or medical professional, the estrogen levels will be completely under check, thus limiting the emotional turmoil that estrogen creates. Again, all it really is is something natural, though enhanced and because everyone's body produces different levels of the chemicals, someone can have higher amounts of those chemicals naturally, though we certainly wouldn;t consider that "roid-rage". "Roid rage" is the product of chemical embalaces, namely testosterone and estrogen or just testosterone by itself (two chemicals produced in our bodies naturally anyway. If taken correctly, then that problem doesn't arise.

--airspoon

top topics

join