It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of universe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

My dyslexia has it's limits.
I prefer the MP video too.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

im not too sure what youre trying to say, but by saying it is 14 billion light years away means it takes 14 billion years for the light to reach us here. since the universe is 14 billion years old, that means we are seeing the start of the universe. any light beyond that 14 billion light year point is light we cannot see, because that light hasnt reached us yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It seems I have pulled the trigger prematurely, and responded to a different thread when it has already been covered here. I would like to just posit my observation noted in the new thread, Here.

I unwittingly found a discrepancy in the interactive graphic. For the lazy I will redescribe my finding here. Scale to the red blood cell, while blood cell, mist droplet. The scale given around there states that 25 micrometers = 0.25 millimeters which is false. 25 micrometers = 0.025 millimeters. I personally believe it to be a typo since the relative scale STILL seems to be fairly accurate around that narrow band. None the less, either double-think the scales presented, or take this video with a grain of salt.

<< 1  2   >>

join