It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget a Recession, The Empire is Crumbling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

I look around me and I see an Empire in Decline.

The US economy is clearly in a depression… not a recession, not a recovery, but a DEPRESSION. More than 40 million Americans (12%) are on Food stamps. Nearly one in five of us are unemployed of underemployed. Folks go to Wal-Mart at 11PM waiting for their government checks to clear at midnight so they can buy baby formula, milk and other necessities.

Three out of every five Americans are overweight. One in five are obese. Indeed, there are only two areas (one state, Colorado, and Washington DC) where obesity rates are under 20%.

Nearly three in four of us don’t get enough sleep. Almost one third of us report having trouble falling asleep EVERY night. And almost half of us report that day-time sleepiness interferes with normal activities including work.

Half of marriages end in divorce. One out of ten married couples report sleeping alone. The average American watches 28 hours of TV a week (enough to qualify for a part-time job). Two thirds of us eat dinner while watching TV, preferring the fake, sensationalized lives of others to engaging with our own families.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

no matter which side of the "aisle" you fall.... i feel we cannot....disagree with the things that are mentioned in this article.... unless we find a way to fix the things we are on the road to witnessing the Fall of an Empire

It is also obvious that Money cannot be the answer to fix the situation....
corruption is so rampant and man such a good liar, can we distinguish who will do us right or who will do us wrong..

edit on 26-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Actually the fall of the American empire might not be such a bad thing after all.

We spend more on our military than the top 14 other countries combined!

Maybe, just maybe, it might be a good thing if the United States looked inward instead of outward for a change.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We all know the system is crumbling. Now its time to unite to do something about it. If you are looking to take action, rather than finger pointing, check out the Plan at the bottom of my post.

You may be interested in what is found here as well:

awakeningasone.com...

The power is in your hands to do something.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
good thread...to me....it's only God's inspiration that keep one going correctly, especially after 45 years or so...hail, i'm pushing 60....wait till ya see that....God is huge in this life, He's all about whether you will seek Him, or just pass on by in your own little existance. All the details the op posted are real discrepancies, i agree...
refuse to be a victim of this world...He stands at the door and knocks!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Zero Hedge is a great site! They mix in a little humor with sometimes very dry information.

The empire is collapsing, that is the good news. The real work is ahead, for those that have the courage to accept the challenge.
The controllers will start to tighten their grip in the face of increased hostility worldwide, including the U.S. One of the methods of control is the currency, the paper that makes you get up in the morning and work, or beg.
Figure out NOW how to do without that paper. That is the prison we are all in, the reliance on their currency.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
EMPIRE or not EMPIRE, that is the question.

We have all heard of the push for global governance. It CANNOT be denied any longer. They say it right out in the open now.

The reason for carbon credits has NOTHING to do with Global Climate Disruption. They state it themselves, it has to do with Global Government. Do not even try to deny it.

Now ask yourselves, does thinking of that explain the actions of the western governments? Does bankrupting us and implementing extreme taxation without curbing any spending maybe wake you up to the reasoning? No matter how much taxation they have, it never keeps up with spending. The fund transfers to other countries constantly.

In the US, if you add all the government component debt, you will come to about 17-20 Trillion in debt. 200+ Trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Tell me folks, how are we going to pay that off? Was there any plan to?

I have to agree, zero hedge is a great place to get economic information untainted by most ulterior motives.

If you believe we are in recovery by paying attention to the Dow Jones, you have no idea about the stock market. The Dow Jones is only a conglomerate of a few stocks. It is not a picture of the entire market. Also, if you had been reading zero hedge, you would know what is going on in the markets is a lie. You can watch the manipulations as plain as day if you know what to look for.

Anyway, if you believe there was not a plan implemented by those in certain components of the government, you must be using my bucket of sand invention. For those times when you do not have a beech to stick your head in.

We have a REAL unemployment of 15-22%. Spending by the Fed and the Federal government cannot even be gauged, we have no idea what they have spent.

We are not allowed to drill for oil but we finance China, Mexico and Brazil to drill? Hmmmm!?

Anyway folks, prepare the best you can. Maybe the awakening can no longer be stopped and we may just be able to stop them.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It has to get worse before it will get better. We will have to crumble before we can start over and sadly, we won't see anything get better in our lifetimes (depending on your age), but your children or grandchildren might. With that being said, I fear that once our empire crumbles, we won't be able to start over from scratch. Instead, the groundwork is being laid for some heavy oppression when our economy collapse so the imaginations of grandour that we all have about rebuilding a community after an economic collapse, are probably false, wishful thinking. Why do I think this way?

It's simple, this continent is far to rich in resources and it is a perfect strategic location. There is noway that the PTB would let go of this continent. Instead, when our economy fails, they are likely to instill draconian measures and authoritarian policies under the guise of our security and to prevent chaos from taking hold. Sadly, when the economy collapses, there won't be chaos or any clean slate to start from, as authorities will quickly clamp down and tighten control, all in the name of our own safety.

You can see the groundwork being laid for this very scenario. Even the most brainwashed economists can clearly see that our economy can't sustain itself so the writing is on the wall. TPTB know that it is only a matter of time before our economy collapses and our money won't be worth the paper it is printed on and it appears that they have taken measures to clamp down on any kind of civil unrest. I'm sure that government officials or certain government insiders know better than anyone when this will occur or at least a general time frame.

We won't be left to our own devices because to do so, would be just giving away the bountiful natural resources that are within our borders and the countries right nest to us. More importantly, they wouldn't just give away this strategic location with oceans on either side. So, when the economy crumbles, rest assured that the government will clamp down hard, rooting out most civil disobedience and by this time, most of our liberties will be gone anyway so we wouldn't have much recourse to begin with. You can already see them gearing up for this if you know to look for (no, I'm not talking about FEMA Camps).

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
American "Empire"...?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
America has always been a bunch of overfed, overworked, underpayed society (well since it became a superpower). It's how we operate, it is the result of our economic and social systems.

Divorce, obesity, less social time with the family; all very serious concerns in my eyes, none bad enough to bring down an entire nation.

If our nation falls, it will be with the rest of the civilized world. Then we can rebuild this nice, clean, utopian society all the new-agers cream about, until the next set of bullies, pulpits and scapegoats come along and restart the cycle. Humans suck

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind, I think.
The benefits that the average American has enjoyed recently have mostly been cheap electronics from an abused, third world work force, and other dirt cheap products. Like right angle grinders that cost about fifteen dollars, after profit for the seller, shipping costs to the U.S., and profit for the manufacture AFTER their material costs have been deducted plus labor. All purchased by a devalued dollar.
????? How can that add up?
There are literally thousands of products that should be MORE expensive than they are.
We have been empowering the forced slavery of a foreign human workforce, and subsidizing the destruction of our manufacturing and our economy. You DO know that the federal government was aware of all of this, all the while spouting the benefits of a global economy. Benefits for the international corporations, no doubt.

Anyway, these "benefits" will not last. They cannot, and should not. It is past time to do without them, and watch this economic model crumble, or better, collapse into its own footprint like the WTC towers. There will be casualties, but you do not have to be one of them, amigo.

Now, I have got to get out to the garden that the feds are trying to make illegal.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

True!

definition: The Jubilee year is the year at the end of seven cycles of Sabbatical years, and according to Biblical regulations had a special impact on the ownership and management of land in the territory of the kingdoms of Israel and of Judah; there is some debate whether it was the 49th year (the last year of seven sabbatical cycles, referred to as the Sabbath's Sabbath), or whether it was the following 50th year. The biblical requirement is that the Jubilee year was to be treated like a Sabbatical year, with the land lying fallow, but also required the compulsory return of all property to its original owners or their heirs, except the houses of laymen within walled cities, in addition to the manumission of all Israelite indentured servants.[7]

A year of Jubilee is approaching...in fact the greatest one ever.....When the Earth goes back to it rightful owner..

new topics

top topics

join