It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED EMAILS: Reveal Profits of Anti-Piracy Cash Scheme

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I found the leaked email torrents. LOL FUnny as hell!

thepiratebay.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Wow that is retarded. How can they get away with that?
What if someone else was using the connection, unknowingly, things are getting downloaded from the connection?

As a musical artist, I have found that the internet is both a curse and blessing. It makes the music much more available and "free". Exposure is always good, but now I gotta tour tons to make enough to get by. But I have thousands of new fans because of it..so it's a teeter totter of opinions.

As far as the poor souls getting pinches by their ISP... is that even legal? I thought they needed a court order or some kind of warrant to get such info in the first place? They freely gave it away with a simple threat... and that lawfirm made a lot of mistakes...publicly releasing personal info obtained by ISPs...breach of confidence anyone?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

edit on 4-21-2015 by Springer because: Illegally obtained content removed

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
so they are extorting money out of the British people by blackmailing them with legal action against them unless they pay up their fine.

Am i wrong in saying that it is illegal to fine anyone in the UK unless you are the police or a goverment body?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
lol they are ripping themselves apart
heres 2nd

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is a further development on this story

source

If I read this right it's really really funny.

The firm ACS got given a list of potential infringers from Sky. Sky sent it encrypted, but ACS decrypted it and then emailed the list to somebody else. This has been liberated following the hack.

So now ACS are being investigated for misusing personal data and allowing it to get into public domain.

By rights they will be fined and shut down and hopefully the boss will go to jail.

Serves the scaming bastard right.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
so they are extorting money out of the British people by blackmailing them with legal action against them unless they pay up their fine.

Am i wrong in saying that it is illegal to fine anyone in the UK unless you are the police or a goverment body?

Companies do send people bills for what they describe as penalties, most notably with regards to car parking.

However these are not criminal penalties, but a civil dispute which could be heard in a civil court.

In other words the person or company demanding the cash has to convince a judge that the money is due. Very difficult and in the case of the parking penalties almost impossible, so although many vulnerable people such as elderly are likely to just pay and be done with it, those in the know simply ignore the demands and eventually they go away.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.­acs-­law.­org.­uk servers are down
remind me the sweet smell of VICTORY

edit on 27-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't care about your personal views and opinions on this whole subject tbh.

As a musician that has released albums for more than 20 years, I can prove that Piracy is hurting my income very negatively. Not only the financial side, but a lot of this piracy has created large issues in the music industry (Pretty sure its the same in the movie industry as well.) for the relationships between the artists and the companies. Heck, the gaming industry nearly went bankrupt (and many did).

So please take your attitudes that are FOR piracy and flush them down the toilet.

Or tell me where you work and live, so I can come and steal your income and products too.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This Anti-Piracy Cash Scheme also explains the closer of the manga scanlations sites such as onemanga and other ones i wont mention.

United States lawmakers have proposed new legislation today that would allow the Department of Justice to take over domain names of websites that promote copyright infringement. The proposed bill would allow for court orders against domestic as well as foreign sites, which could potentially shutter many torrent sites including The Pirate Bay.

Including manga scanlations sites.

Thats why the manga publishers teamed up with american publishers, along the Japanese prime minster to close them, and thus why they are threatening them with illegal action, as quoted above.

it seems the Japanese prime minster knew before hand.

Star and flag for you OP.

Keep the good fight 4Chan!

edit on 27-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveHina

You can blame that failure on the economy, not piracy, people have been buying less, and saving more then you think.

And also spread your product on youtube, to gain more buyers.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveHina

Or tell me where you work and live, so I can come and steal your income and products too

me, i build malwares
where i work ?
on the net

dont blame peoples for not buying if they're not interested by what you do

edit on 27-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: Batman told me to do so or my family could be killed (kidding, they're already dead)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Yup, afact.org.au which is an Australian Copyright Infringement body is also down due to attacks.

leetbaka.com...

Check there.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths

As far as the poor souls getting pinches by their ISP... is that even legal? I thought they needed a court order or some kind of warrant to get such info in the first place? They freely gave it away with a simple threat... and that lawfirm made a lot of mistakes...publicly releasing personal info obtained by ISPs...breach of confidence anyone?

Last year that law was changed i believe, there was a petition against it, but it slipped through. Now you can be charged without a court order or at least without a court appearance and via at least information given by ISP's and certain lawyers and firms who actively work for the big industries.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

you mean

"If IRC goes down, KEEP FIRING!! | Target: afact.org.au | IP: 202.124.241.200 | FIRING NOW!! FIRE FOR 12 HOURS AT LEAST!"

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveHina
I don't care about your personal views and opinions on this whole subject tbh.

Well get used to it - it's a public forum.

As a musician that has released albums for more than 20 years, I can prove that Piracy is hurting my income very negatively.

I'm aware of some of the issues of the music industry in Norway and the decline of sales etc, but chances are it's an after effect of an aging business model failing to keep up to date in the century of digital sales. Chances are, the record labels and companies are the ones responsible for alienating those who subscribed to the idea of pushing new techniques.

A little research would tell you that touring and merchandise are good money earners, as globally sales of music tend to profit the musician very little - although you should know this already.

Not only the financial side, but a lot of this piracy has created large issues in the music industry (Pretty sure its the same in the movie industry as well.) for the relationships between the artists and the companies. Heck, the gaming industry nearly went bankrupt (and many did).

Not in every country, not by a mile.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You're my hero for the day.
Thank you for the thread.
That firm is dangerous and should be dealt with more permanently,
same could be said for other parties mentioned....

That French law is beyond disgusting,
I'm sure there's many people out there pirating stuff that can't afford to be paying for legit product let alone fines.

-B.M

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

do you mean you build malware for anti-virus companies to test their wares...or some other noble cause...?

or just to create active malware to release onto the net to infect peoples computers & cause trouble?

-B.M

edit on 27/9/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have a theory about why these corrupt law firms and the RIAA are targeting the P2P networks instead of going after the actual pirates, those who post the "stolen" content on the internet in the first place. The P2P networks can also be used to upload content yourself. As in, if you are a band who is trying to build a following but can't get any interest from the established record companies, you can self publish your work.

This, more than anything else, is what I believe is driving the attack against P2Ps. It shuts down an outlet for small independents to get their music out there. I can say that I've heard music I would never have even knew existed because of P2P networks. Bands who can't get their music released in the US because the aren't "an in band".

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

or some other noble cause...?
you're on it,that what i do

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join