It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Breakfasts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I've just been informed that 1 of my favourite ways to start a day-after-the-night-before is very peculiar. So, seeing as how ATS is a goldmine of peculiarity, I thought I'd share it with you, hopefully get some feedback & maybe some ideas of yours as to other good ways to start a day.
I call it a "starter":
(For 2 Persons)
Mix together 2 420g cans of well chilled Dunn's River Nourishment, 1 each of vanilla & chocolate flavours.
Add 200ml of 40% Vodka.
Serve in tall glasses on a plate with 4 dried apricots, 2 squares of Green & Black's 85% coco solids dark chocolate, 800mg of Ibuprofen (Advil to Americans), 2 cigarettes & a kiss.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
That is pretty weird. I once reheated a kebab from the night before and had it for breakfast. Probably never do that again...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

My God that sounds good!

I usually have a big fry up with bacon, mushrooms, tomato, peppers and hash browns... but now I have to try that! Thank you!

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't usually eat breakfast to be honest with you, I don't feel hungry in the mornings and even the smell/sight of food makes my stomach turn.

On the rare occasions that I do break the fast (usually weekends) I'll go for standard British breakfast cuisine such as a full english, scrambled eggs on toast or beans on toast, a sausage or bacon butty with cheese with tomatoe sauce and/or mustard also goes down a treat.

As a hang over cure this breakfast is usually followed by a can or two of Fosters, it really does work!

Some of the stranger "breakfasts" I've had over the years have been reheated pizza from the night before, cold pizza from the night before and reheated curry from the night before

I've posted this before but I'll put it out there again; one great way of having a full english breakfast is to take an oven proof dish, line it with butter/margarine, crack 3/4 eggs into the dish and then add however many pieces of bacon and sausages you desire, finally add handfuls of grated cheese (as much as you like personally) and bang into the oven on high (200-220c) for about 15 minutes.

You can also add baked beans if desired and a few squirts of tabasco sauce if you like your food hot, the end product comes out as a full english breakfast omelette; it tastes great and you have the benefit of only having one dish to clean when you do the washing up (obviously apart from the cheese grater, chopping board if used etc)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I once stayed in a hotel in Greece that served "Full English" breakfasts but somehow something had got lost in translations and they gave you Sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and a big slice of sponge cake on the same plate

The girl that was cooking was so nice that I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't quite right

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I once stayed in a hotel in Greece that served "Full English" breakfasts but somehow something had got lost in translations and they gave you Sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and a big slice of sponge cake on the same plate

The girl that was cooking was so nice that I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't quite right

I have seen signs for "sandwitches" before...

Sandy Witches ey? I'm sure that should be a thread on ATS

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah, that does sound like the kind of thing that would lead to, if not full on gastroenteritis, then a dodgy belly at least.
Still, I quite like cold pizza from the night before (except in Liverpool or Glasgow, because 2 out of 3 pizza shops there will give you a dodgy belly when its hot, nevermind leaving it to fester). I'm not sure I could call it breakfast tho, b/c I cant really eat solid food 1st thing: it makes me nauseous.
I usually tend to go for a smoothy or a high protein milk drink. If I'm getting run down, or I know I've got a few harsh days coming up, then I mix the 2 in a blender with a banana, a handful of vitamin & protein supplement & a raw egg.
Perhaps thats wierd also? Hey, @least I usually leave the Vodka out...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Good thread.

I like fried egg sandwhiches with mayo and pickle slices.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL the spongecake probably should of been cornbread and it would of been a cowboy breakfast. Maybe that is what they were aiming for.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Ha! I didnt see your post before I replied to Big Raging Loner.. How similar are we?
Except I'm vegetarian. Nonetheless I love a good fry up with scrambled eggs & beans (HP are best I reckon). Its just that I prefer it late at night. There's an Italian cafe in Liverpool which serves breakfast all day & you also get a pile of veg cooked in tomato & herb sauce. I thought that was a bit wierd until I tried it: it totally rocks!
Still, as you know, I've just added you as a friend, but now I'm wondering if I wasn't a bit hasty... I mean, Fosters? 'Kin Fosters mate? I'll tell you what will cure you of that piss: try drinking it unchilled. Taste the sulphur... I'd rather drink American Bud than 'kin Fosters (& I wouldn't buy that gnat's piss unless it was the only beer left in the shop/pub).
Seriously, if you're a confirmed lager-man & cheap is a factor, you'd be better off with Tesco's own brand. Although you can usually get crates of 24 bog-standard Belgian in small bottles cheap & its not bad. The Co-Op do a decent own brand Czeck style lager as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

You're welcome mate! I find it a much gentler way to start the day than a blast of caffeine!
Also, no matter how stinging or numb your tongue is from the combination of cleaning your teeth & whatever you imbibed/did with it the night before, the flavours cut through no problem. Its a case of "Ah yeah, I am alive, mmmm. So long as nobody starts harassing me for 45mins, today is going to be a good day."

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Veg in tomatoe and herb sauce sounds a little weird, although it's now on my list to try. I'm in Liverpool quite a lot with work so if you the know the general whereabouts of said cafe then I'll try and arrange a stop off for dinner when the oppurtunity arises.

I'm not sure what it is with the Fosters
I used to be a Stella or Carlsberg Export man but as you mentioned cash is tight, I'm not really too fond of normal Carlsberg or Carling. I'll give the Tesco's own brand a go though and report back to you

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My other weird breakfast is my usual hang over cure.

Cold left over anchovy pizza and a Corneto (ice cream)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
My other weird breakfast is my usual hang over cure.

Cold left over anchovy pizza and a Corneto (ice cream)

Haha, that would probably give me a hang over!

Another tried and tested cure for me is spaghetti hoops on toast, easy on the stomach and strangely comforting more than you would imagine.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Was that like proper sweet Victoria Sponge cake, more like French brioche, or like those fluffier Scotish bannocks that are salty?
Btw, those bannocks are great with soup as "elevenses"!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Did I read that correctly? Almost 7 ounces of vodka as part of breakfast? Oh I see that's for two people.

I like Green and Black!

edit on 26-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

Did I read that correctly? Almost 7 ounces of vodka as part of breakfast?

You only live once

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It was an actual slice of cake, with jam in

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Laughing... I wouldn't be able to function the rest of the day!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Good thread.

I like fried egg sandwhiches with mayo and pickle slices.
That does sound quite peculiar & something I'll have to try. Do you mean slices of pickled baby cucumbers?
I tend to have my egg sarnies with, what we in the UK refer to as, brown sauce. Its kind of like liquidised dark sweet chutney. So yeah, I can see how the vinager works with the egg yolk, but, until I try it, I'm not so sure about mayo as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join