It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Afghans have the right to kills American soldiers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
All the afghans need to do is lay down their "80s" weapons and realise they lost, the US owns the middle east and the oil now. The afghans should lay down their weapons and accept it because everytime a US/British soldier dies, we need to retaliate which is much easier to do if still in the region..
If Afghanistan wants freedom then it has to get on its knees and beg to the mighty West for it...
It's game over for anyone who calls for the destruction of the West these days and so it should be....next stop Iran!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I agree with shamus78's reply.

We were not invited over there, we invaded.

If someone broke into your house and attacked you and your family with automatic weapons would you have the right to stop them?

We have no right to invade another country.

War and murder are wrong period.

Now if it's a matter of self defense that is justified in my mind, however they are not over here, we are over there.

And our government is a bullish, lying, conniving and agressive.

Google Afgan children war.

edit on 26-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~ Martin Luther King

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Good post, but that's one of the reasons: Most of the world is sick and tired of seeing America go thru it's adolescence phase and striking out at countries they don't agree with.

It's time to just let other people settle their own differences. Who knows if the US has already killed what would have been a unifying leader that would take Afghanistan into a new era of peacefulness? Now there's just going to be war for the next generation. This after the Soviets. Gah!

I like the post though. No offence intended.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
They'd only shoot them because they hate our freedom, so naturally, no, since freedom haters have no rights.

That is so much garbage it isnt even funny..

How about this, Immortal Technique put it in a good way..

If another country invaded Harlem tonight you don't think there would be warfare in the streets?

Its not the point they are giving (as u said) us freedom.. Its that they are occupying the land without means...

Here is what im talking about his song..

Strong Language

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
No, the various coalition governments do not have the right to kill ANYONE..

The Afgans have the right to defend their homes and land, but those governments do not have the right to throw its citizens into killing and being killed in unrighteous wars..

Wars should always be a defensive meassure, and never to further greed as what has happened here.

However those that are there are my countrymen and brothers in arms.. Anyone, including my government, who thinks its ok for them to die had better hide and shut up when this is over.. Slagging off dead brothers and sisters will not go down too well, for those that sent them too!

edit on 26-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

But we are over there..............They are not over here.

If we were invaded by soldiers from a foreign country wouldn't you would feel the right to defend yourself?

It's okay if I am in your house but you better not come into mine...............

We are the invader. These folks did not invited us.

We are over there with tanks, machine guns, soldiers, bombs, etc.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Again, they are not over here in America invading us.................we are over there invading them.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.-Dwight D. Eisenhower

edit on 26-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammer

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I seriously must be missing something here, since when were we fighting and killing innocent people???

People get killed in war and it's inevitable that there will be innocent civilian fatalities but since when have we invaded someones country and started killing people for no reason?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Why would someone who calls themselves "ThichHeaded" completely miss blatant sarcasm and/or attempt to troll me? Why?!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I feel that anyone and everything has the right to defend its self when attacked. I do not care if it is a person, an animal or a alien from space. If attacked it has the right to defend its self by any and all means necessary. Self defense is a right of all living things. And I guess when the day comes that machines come "alive" they too will earn that right.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well is very simple actually, if you have an invading force in your nation of birth killing your people, regardless of motives, would you kill the invading force too.

Your question has been answered.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Simple question really:

Do Afghans have a legitimate right to fight, kill any and all American soldiers in Afghanistan?

Pros and Cons.

Trolls Welcome.

My thoughts, yes they do.

The reason is debatable.

What do you guys think?

oz

yes and we can kill anyone we want, also.

you shoot at me i kill everything.

you're lucky you're not fighting mexican cartels.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You'd be surprised of who u run into on these forums...

Everything is black and white till proven otherwise.

Oh and I dont troll, not my style..

edit on 9/26/2010 by ThichHeaded because: added the troll comment.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I'm not sure how you can say that the Taliban aren't an enemy but hey there you go....

I didn't state there whether they were or weren't, which was immaterial anyway when dealing in fear tactics. One thing is for sure, an enemy that is easily digested as such by one's psyche is always needed so you feel vulnerable enough to support government machinations.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that all of these reports are true. It's even harder to believe some of them aren't.

I think absolutly it is called a right do to rightousness. Morally correct.

you're lucky you're not fighting mexican cartels.

My Grandfather used to ask me. Do you think it wise to fight a man, if you know he loves revenge?
I have found there are some men who live for revenge. Funny, my Grandfather would then say if you ever decide to take revenge then you should marry her first.

edit on 26-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Any bets on how soon someone starts the same thread with the word Iraq instead? Seems this anti American sort of tripe always breeds more, is in favor for a week or so and then, poof another one....this vid was already the topic of another thread, but here we go again. Just seems to be anti American star and flag fests.........with the same usual suspects in them.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I'm not sure how you can say that the Taliban aren't an enemy but hey there you go....

I didn't state there whether they were or weren't, which was immaterial anyway when dealing in fear tactics. One thing is for sure, an enemy that is easily digested as such by one's psyche is always needed so you feel vulnerable enough to support government machinations.

You can argue about our own governments being the real enemy or the actual motives of why our troops are fighting over there, I'll admit that I don't read much into those conspiracy theories and could be presented with an argument that I'd find possible.

But at the end of the day, our troops are not "invading someones country" and shooting innocent people.

The Taliban are very real and thats the people we are fighting, the reasons why we are doing this might be suspect but the point still stands that we are not entering a country and killing innocent people...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

with the same usual suspects in them.

Damn one little post to this thread Suddenly I'm suspect of being redundant described in the most mundane of terms.This while clinging to the fence trying to stay obviously neutral only to be sniped in the very next post.
I guess war is hell.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

lol you have to kidding. Right? I'm guessing you're kidding.

The amount of innocent people killed in the Afghanistan war far outnumbers the 'insurgents'. What a quagmire.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, just a generalization, not directed at you unless you feel it was......
However, if ya feel the shoe fits so be it............I was just pointing out when these type of threads show up, the same people get on them, condemn the US and glad hand each other while doing so.......

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
reply to post by Death_Kron

lol you have to kidding. Right? I'm guessing you're kidding.

The amount of innocent people killed in the Afghanistan war far outnumbers the 'insurgents'. What a quagmire.

Cheers
Shane

I'd say that was popular opinion among those who are against the war in Afghanistan, if you have any sources/statistics to back that up then I'll happily review them.

War is war and unfortunately it will always have innocent civilians but I really don't understand those on here who believe we are invading a country and purposefully killing innocent people.

Edit to add:

In the years since 2005, the mounting insurgency has resulted in more direct civilian deaths being caused each year by insurgent actions than by coalition military action. Overall, however, the number of direct civilian casualties that have been attributed to insurgent forces by the available estimates remains less than the number that have been attributed to U.S.-led airstrikes and groundfire since 2001

Link: en.wikipedia.org...(2001%E2%80%93present)

The link doesn't seem to be working but if you Google "civilians killed in afghanistan" you can find the Wiki link...

edit on 26/9/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join