It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
With all that is going on I think it is extremely strange that the U.N. would be announcing anything to do with Aliens in anyway. Why, why now? I believe most of us wouldn't trust the U.N..... look at how they tried to pull off the VIRUS last year and everyone had to have the shots and they raised the Pandemic level to 6 the highest there is. People said we aren't getting that shot and that's it............ things slowly died out and there was no Pandemic, look at how they tried to pull that off and we stood our ground.

The two words that FOX news used was "Alien Greeter" so that means to me the person who GREETS.

I have more faith in the abductee's/experiencers that deal with these different species to be the ones to have that responsibilty and there are millions of us.

There are many right here on ATS that deal with this in their lives and if one of the ships were ever to hover over my city which is near by I will do what I could to find out what is what.

I think all here like myself would offer themselves up to do what they can in their locations.

I agree with many here when they say Alien's aren't going to say take me to you Leader or your chosen Alien Greeter........ that is quite funny to me.

These Beings have monitored this Planet forever and know where everything is they are going to contact who they choose....however, I still feel something isn't right about this and only time will tell.

I suggest caution until the people that deal with this (abductee's/experiencers) have a looky around of course that is if anything ever happened.

If anything were ever to occur in the Philadelphia, PA area I will do what I can for ATS and I ask anyone that deals with this to let ATS know and do the same in their areas....so we can cover as many places as possible.

Unfortunately I don't feel it

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I firmly believe ATS is more widely read and influential than most members here realise.

That's why i think it's so important not to ignore important threads like this one, if you support disclosure.

I also think it's important to keep on top of the negative voices that chime in and attempt to derail the direction of these sorts of threads.

They turn up in numbers and fling stars around to each other like there's going to be no tomorrow, even if the post is trivial or petty and of no real merit, so i suggest we should follow suit and do the same for our like minded friends who post in these threads, and play them at their own game.

A small but important detail in a quote from Dr. Mazlan Othman, repeatedly ignored and misreported here by Phage yesterday, could make all the difference to a readers perception of what was truly being said.

Phage, thought of by some as being factually precise and apparently fond of quoting his mantra of 'denying ignorance' to others, said Dr. Othman was quoted as saying "IF alien communication is received", whereas she was actually quoted as saying "WHEN alien communication is received.

A very big difference in both grammar and meaning.

It's like saying Obama has just said "When we bomb Iran", is the same as saying Obama has just said "IF we bomb Iran".

Two completely different meanings.

Seemingly small 'error's like this can make all the difference to a reader's opinion and interpretation of the facts of subject.

Even when it had been pointed out that he had been wrong in what he wrote, very clearly two or three times, he still only changed his subsequent post to quote Dr. Othman as having said "IF and WHEN", which was still NOT what she was quoted as saying at all, and has a completely different meaning. So, Phage was being neither precise nor denying ignorance, deliberately so it seemed to me.

There have been roughly another 15 pages added to this thread since this happened, so in fairness, he may well have finally got around to addressing his error at last, i'm currently reading through the additional posts to check, although he completely ignored 3 of my posts last night (while he was in thread and commenting on other posts), informing him of his consecutive 'errors' in quotation.

Ignoring genuine correction and continuing to misrepresent a quotation, looks like posting to further a personal agenda, and is certainly not about denying ignorance, it's more like reinforcing it.

I feel there are a core of members here more concerned with maintaining the official status-quo and egos, and ignoring anything that may threaten that agenda. If nothing else, it's very fishy to me when someone posts consistently against a particular subject, regardless of who or what is posted.

This isn't an 'anti-phage' post, although i do not personally hold him in high regard and i am deeply suspicious of his reasons for joining threads on this subject and churning out relatively short, star laden posts almost one after the other, he has just as much right to post what he likes, just as any member does, within ATS T&C.

I'm not sure where deliberately misquoting an external source, even after having attention drawn to it several times, falls within the T&C, but there you are.

This part of my post is to point out, especially to those who may be lurking or new here, that members who apparently refuse to consider that they may be wrong, or rarely show any indication of the remotest agreement on any aspect of an ET believer's posting, particularly in subjects like these, are not unbiased and sage like, although many may assume they are.

In my view, a poster who wishes to simply and innocently convey facts as they see them, will at some point undoubtedly find a measure of common ground with posters from the opposite 'camp' and will occasionally find agreement on certain key points raised in individual posts, even if not in their overall beliefs on the matter.

Even bitter enemies ceased fighting for a time, and came together to play a game of football during WWI!

The UN is appointing what is tantamount to an ET or alien - Earth ambassador, this doesn't necessarily mean the UN is presently in contact with ET, as the information we have about this says those concerned with this are stressing this measure is only a 'just in case we do make contact', so they can be prepared in advance.

Personally i think the 'being prepared' part is rubbish, and they know for a fact ET is around.

This position has more to do with allaying any potential public fears when ET is officially recognized, rather than talking to ET themselves.

It' a 'Look, we've got it covered and we have a UN department and official contact route all set up' public relations exercise.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by Ahmose

Nannoo-nannoo.

aww yeah i know..
s'all good

and I bet everyone thought those were a couple galaxies reflecting off my mask eh? lol

nannoo*nannoo

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ITS FAKE.
Too good to be true. Othman denied everything about her new role...She even says the conference next week is about some other thing, near- Earth objects.
Although I don't agree with Phage on so many things, I have to agree with him...
He was right since the beginning.
Nothing to see here, and I'm sad to say this...
ITS FAKE.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why UN? Why you americans think that you are the center of the universe? Who knows, maybe because you are dumb? This movie might answer that question. www.youtube.com...

Anyway back to the topic. If i wanted to make first contact with some planet i would choose the oldest civilization there, with deep history and culture. Maybe 5000+ years old China or maybe India, but surelly not police state like US working for nazi bankers..

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
FOX www.foxnews.com...

At least its hitting the US now.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I agree with you

At times I feel like we on earth behave like unsupervised kids in nursery school and could do with some 'adult' guidance.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Make no mistake the UN is a front for the NWO, and as such this appointment only indicates their eagerness to initiate Project Bluebeam.

You need to be aware that all recipients of the Rhodes Scholarship are indebted to the NWO whether they like it or not. Since this woman was the recipient of a similar scholarship makes me very suspicious.

She may very well be a nice lady, however when they call your number for pay-back – thus – ACTIVATION you cannot say no. You have been trained, and brainwashed your whole scholastic life to OWE them. You may never be activated, or you may they are told. If you are, you MUST accept the role you where CHOSEN for.

Dr. Mazlan Othman is yet another STOOGE for the Elites.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I think aliens have been dealing with humans for years and still do, but not government agencies.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flamingstar

I am doubtful of many reports of contact, but I wouldn't be too surprised to
find out the aliens have been putting it to us... (especially those with that darn
vacuum-cleaner nozzle)... for years.

I find it difficult to imagine that all the people who work within Governments,
no matter how small their task -can all keep the secrets... it's possible, but
doubtful.

So if these guys show up on The Whitehouse lawn, there's gonna have to be
a lot of diplomacy and courage shown... we don't want these slimy critters
thinking they can take over and control us.

We don't want the aliens thinking that either!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think this needs to be brought back to the top of the page:

Originally posted by SirScorn

UN plan for 'alien ambassador' a case of science fiction?

From The Guardian

Seems like Mazlan Othman denies her new role. Maybe she didn't get the memo.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
6205LH,

I am an American and from your post I DO NOT appreciate being called dumb and I would think that the citizens of the United States of America wouldn't appreciate your words also.

I do not know where you are from but if I had a problem with your government etc. I would not make a statement saying your Country was dumb.

Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Forever Mr. Whickus!
You seem to have little faith in this article?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Othman denied everything about her new role...She even says the conference next week is about some other thing, near-Earth objects.

I think she actually said that was what she would be speaking on. The Royal Society's own page about the conference makes it quite clear what they think their conference is about. Is there room in that subject for someone to speak about NEOs? I suppose, but for it to be really topical she might need to define NEO to include non-natural objects, talk about space junk, etc. That's all stuff her office addresses, anyway.

I think the media took her recent remarks on the UN being a good global coordinating mechanism for matters of global significance, and the fact that she's a panelist at this conference, and extrapolated a little bit too much. That said, she doesn't really need a fancy new title or whatever - she's already the UN's lead person on anything involving outer space.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

You would be correct my friend.

Too many are too keen to grasp onto anything to justify their beliefs without any sort of confirmation.

No wonder scam artists make such a killing!

Easy prey.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

BIAD... you're looking fetching in your new dress

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It seems that we may be missing the story behind the story. In 1999 she was influential in Sheikh Muszapha Shukor being sent to the space station through the Angkasawan Program. That program came out of a military fighter jet deal between Russia and Malaysia. Shukor is an orthopaedic surgeon. He was considered a full fledged cosmonaut by the Russian government after his training. Just read the bios on these people.
Maybe it is just me, but this all seems as if there is something unseen here. Does anyone think so?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
‘Ambassador to the aliens’ denies reports

Reports that the United Nations was set to appoint an ambassador to the aliens might turn out to be a work of science fiction.

The Guardian now reports that she has said in an email that "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it". She had reportedly been set to announce her role publicly at a Royal Society conference, which has also been denied.

Read more: www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In case this hasn't been posted.

Towards a scientific and societal agenda on extra-terrestrial life

* Starts: 9.00am on 04 October 2010
* Finishes: 6.00pm on 05 October 2010
* Venue: Kavli Royal Society International Centre

With a mix of invited talks and panel debates, we particularly look into the detection of life, the communication with potential extra-terrestrial civilizations, the implications for the future of humanity, and the political processes that are required.

Confirmed panelists

Ivan Almar, Stephen Baxter, James Benford, David Brin, Milan Cirkovic, Richard Crowther, Kathryn Denning, Steven Dick, Stephane Dumas, Frans von der Dunk, John Elliott, Lisa Kaltenegger, Claudio Maccone, Michael Michaud, Mazlan Othman, Ted Peters, Margaret Race, Seth Shostak, John Smart, Nicholas Tosca, Doug Vakoch, Clement Vidal, Felisa Wolfe-Simon, Alexander Zaitsev

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I must admit, the amount of times I've wanted to be dragged along
and buy into the story that the' better' people are coming and they're
gonna make it alright, there are many times.

Also, this works as a pick-up line too -as you can attest when in that
motel, you came in all rough-denimed and sharp claws. With one lift
of your mighty arms... sorry, about that Chad...I forgot where I was.

edit on 27-9-2010 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join