It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth’s first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.

Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-10-2010 by Gazrok because: While Othman was appointed to this Office, it's goal is cooperation in space, not as an ambassador in space. Ms. Othman herself has stated this.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
well here is another dot to up coming contact,

those who laughed long and hard at my last thread should think long and hard about this story.

any awaken person must see that the ball is truly rolling along now.
We are indeed entering a new phase. I am telling you team this is the real thing our friends are appearing very soon now.

Peace & hope
SM

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nobody knows this guy... if you appoint someone else ...

PLEASE DON'T APPOINT A WAR CRIMINAL FOR ONCE.

No Blair, no Bush, no Al Gore... DON'T APPOINT A SCUMBAG CRIMINAL... PLEASE FOR ONCE.

And really, would the aliens really care about the guy you appointed? They gonna talk to whoever they want.

edit on 25-9-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting story to say the least, it might be more believable if it came from an official source.

These he said she said articles sometimes turn out to be nothing, another dot, we shall see.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is interesting, but do you have any other sources?

It does not necessarily indicate that they are expecting a visit, but it does acknowledge their presence and existence.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

When this news is brought to the mass media via television to all the world, I will believe it to be true.
Until then this is just another ploy for ratings..

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the spokesperson for all of human kind. Dunno, she seems kind of threatening.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d918b9bc478.jpeg[/atsimg]

Mazlan Othman Wiki

edit on 25-9-2010 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d918b9bc478.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9384befdfa14.jpg[/atsimg]

Similarity? Anyone?

In all seriousness, that's a fairly interesting move that the UN has made. Thanks for posting.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think that the Aliens are a TAD too smart to talk to anyone from the "United" Nations.

(Second line is Entertained with these flights of fancy.)

(Third line says that the "United Nations" is a Front Organization for the "World Banking ***SYNDICATE***")

(Fourth line says that the IMF deliberately keeps nations in debt through "Shifty" financial practices....)

(Fifth line says that any species capable of Faster than Light Travel and does NOT originate from earth would most likely NOT fall for the same ploys and make believe power structures that humans seem to imagine, exist.)

-Edrick

edit on 25-9-2010 by Edrick because: 3

edit on 25-9-2010 by Edrick because: 4 & 5

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Let's get familiar with Dr. Mazlan Othman....

ICG 3 - Opening Remarks - Dr. Mazlan Othman

SPEECH: Dr. Mazlan Othman, Deputy Director General of UNOV

Wikipedia's Article on Dr Mazlan Othman

Early life and education
Born in Seremban, Malaysia, Othman attended Tunku Kurshiah College, a boarding school in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. Her aptitude for mathematics led to enrollment in a science curriculum, and though her family encouraged her to become a physician, she decided to pursue physics instead. She attended University of Otago in New Zealand on a Colombo plan scholarship, earning a BSc. (honors) in 1975. She joined the National University of Malaysia (UKM) as a tutor, but negotiated an extension to her scholarship and returned to Otago, earning her Ph.D. in physics in 1981 - the first woman to do so in the physics department's 110-year existence.

Career
Othman returned to Malaysia as the country's first astrophysicist, and worked to create a curriculum in astrophysics at the national university, as well as to build public awareness and understanding of astronomy and space issues. She also performed research for a semester at the Kiso Observatory in Japan[2].

Her interest in public education was rewarded in 1990 when Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad, a strong supporter of education and science, placed her in charge of the Planetarium Division of the Prime Minister's Department, overseeing development of Planetarium Negara, Malaysia's national planetarium in Kuala Lumpur[3] After the planetarium opened in 1993, Othman was made Director General of the government's new Space Science Studies Division, where she launched a microsatellite development program. She received a full professorship the following year.

In November 1999, Kofi Annan, Secretary-General of the United Nations, appointed Othman as Director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) in Vienna[4]. At the request of Prime Minister Mahathir, she returned to Malaysia in July 2002 to serve for five years as the founding Director General of Angkasa, the Malaysian National Space Agency, where her work led to the launch of the first Malaysian astronaut, Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor.

Othman was reappointed as UNOOSA director in 2007 by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, and left Angkasa to return to the post that December[5]. At UNOOSA she deals with issues of international cooperation in space, prevention of collisions and space debris, use of space-based remote sensing platforms for sustainable development, coordination of space law between countries, and the risks posed by near-earth asteroids, among other topics.

Honors
In the 1997 Agong's honours list, Tuanku Ja'afar, tenth Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, conferred the federal decoration and order Panglima Jasa Negara (for meritorious service) on Othman, granting her the honorific "Datuk."[6]

Also in 1997, Othman's alma mater, the University of Otago, awarded her the degree of Honorary Doctor of Science.[7]

In 2009, for "her work in developing astronomy education in Malaysia and her leading national and international role in space science," the Institute of Physics awarded Othman its President's Medal

Wikipedia's Article on Dr Mazlan Othman

also:

Interview with Dr. Mazlan Othman & International Astronautical Federation
QUESTION:
You have recently returned to UN-OOSA. What are your plans for the future?

ANSWER:

I was director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs between 1999 and 2002 and then went back to my country to help start its Space Agency. This is an ongoing project but this year I have watched our first angkasawan - astronaut - go up into space onboard a Russian Soyuz, take part in activities at the International Space Station and then return safely to Earth.

It has been a challenging and rewarding five years and I have decided to return to the international level. The future is an open book - maybe in the longer term I would like to go back into the educational sphere - developing intellectual capital in the upcoming generation.

Returning to the story of my posting back to UN-OOSA, I am as keen as ever to promote international cooperation which is a key to the future of space.

Alongside developing the Malaysian space programme, in the last five years we have been setting up an inter-Space Agency coordinating committee. The committee works across international boundaries. The idea has caught on and is working very well - we have nine working groups now.

Space is important. Co-ordination in space is very important!
Interview with Dr. Mazlan Othman & International Astronautical Federation

Seems Like a highly motivated women, well educated, and passionately sincere in her beliefs about the importance of space exploration and educating the public about astronautical issues. I find these to be some positives as to her character. She also has two children and is a family oriented woman. Her husband is a geologist, according to my reading. She was born in 1951, and has some first time evers under her belt as far as accomplishments go. Also she was a leading proponent for the Malaysian Space Program.

I'm looking forward to reading more about her, and learning where she stands on certain issues, but I hope she keeps politics out of her relationships with aliens.

thanks OP for the find, and for sharing the info!

-ET

edit on 25-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: fix a bb code

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Personally, good luck picking the group ETs will contact. I am sure they will pick the people themselves. And if stories ring true, they already have and currently are. But beliefs aren't in play, so my guess is that its anyones game. Not just this bloke.

edit on 25-9-2010 by gandhi because: Spelling. Third beer, sorry

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Kind of funny how timing works sometimes. Reading the WIKI on Othman I see this.

At UNOOSA she deals with issues of international cooperation in space, prevention of collisions and space debris, use of space-based remote sensing platforms for sustainable development, coordination of space law between countries, and the risks posed by near-earth asteroids, among other topics.

Coincides well with another article that keeps popping up today.
Minotaur IV set to launch first Space Based Space Surveillance satellite

I like these excerpts from a CNN Article.

Brian Weeden, a former Air Force officer who worked on space operations, said the new satellite makes it feasible to observe and collect information on objects at much higher altitudes in deep space. The satellite "may very well have imagery capabilities" beyond what has been made public, said Weeden, who now is an analyst for the Secure World Foundation.

"Think Hubble," said Weeden, a reference to the space telescope which provided more detailed images of the universe at greater distances.

source

That's some space "debris" tracking system.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'm sort of glad they didn't go with Mr or Miss Universe as our spokesmen.

or possibly worse, this cheerful loving face:

edit on 26-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: change pic to link

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Needs appointing:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d5800fb2c52.jpg[/atsimg]

knowyourmeme.com...

Originally posted by smokingman2006
those who laughed long and hard at my last thread should think long and hard about this story.

any awaken person must see that the ball is truly rolling along now.

So the UN has an appointed person.

Has FOX news covered this? I want to see their half-grins and smirks about this being looney-land and little green men.

edit on 26-9-2010 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
These alleged "ALIENS" do not need ONE person to represent a planet. Contact has already taken place "drip by drip", vis-a-vis, mano e mano, case by case (or rather) on an individual basis. "ALIENS" are rather too advanced and intelligent to communicate with just ONE person. Why not get to know the planet better via more people? Bah!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
When "that day" comes; how about we (the whole world) all hear voices in our head (our native language) and spacecraft pop out like in "V (tv serie)." Back to the topic, for all I know she might has been working with E.T for the last couple years to prepare for coming disclosure.

edit on 26-9-2010 by the_0bserver85 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Say E.T.'s have never truly made legitimate and reciprocal contact.

Say all the NWO/Illuminati/Zionist theories are not fully correct, and the U.N. is a legitimate organization.

Would it not make sense for E.T.'s to communicate with a person elected by a council representing some of the world's most powerful/influential nations?

I'm a little concerned that so many people with such heavy interest in this field would even begin to KNOW what E.T.'s are, have done and will do (let alone that they even exist and there are humans aware of it).

I am a stickler for credible information and logical assumptions, but I must admit, this fall is looking mighty interesting on the E.T./UFO front. YES, I'm aware of the dozens of threads and "news articles" that come out starting in Sept. into Oct., but even the hard-nosed skeptics have to admit the legitimate coverage this field of study/debate has gotten recently is a bit a-typical. Well, you sold a ticket for entrance here, strap on the harness and lets ride. There's no harm in following the latest and greatest in the E.T./UFO field, just don't drink the kool-aid and your astute awareness will remain intact.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's hard to believe that first contact with aliens is far out when the powers that be keep running stories like these and taking actions like this. I think they are slowly preparing people to accept that there are other life forms out there. But I also think despite their current angle, they are very much already in contact with them.

What remains to be seen is whether there are really aliens or regardless of the aliens, if this is being done to introduce us to peaceful creatures or other. The other being what most of you know of as Project Bluebeam. For those who have never heard of Project Bluebeam, it is a project outlined by the elite corporatist/fascist/bankers who seem to be at the real top of the world power structure. This project outlines a plan to use fake aliens of a hostile nature as a means to get the people of the world to unite under one world government. Under the false pretenses of defending ourselves against an alien aggressor. The reality is it's a way for them to set up their desired, one world, new feudal government. With themselves at the top and the rest of humanity, at least the ones they do not kill off under this massive lie, as second class slaves to themselves.

To many this would seem as far fetched or more far fetched an idea as aliens themselves. There has been a great deal of evidence pointing to the validity of this program though. The truth is indeed out there but it is not broadcast on the evening news. You must look hard, and see for yourselves. Then through real research into the world around you may see that this is not so far fetched a possibility after all. Either way we live in some interesting times and after years of insulting people who spoke of aliens and making them look like lunatics, the powers that be have done a 180 degree turn in their behavior. Regardless of the rest, the constant pushing of this new agenda in the media of aliens being real and serious business, shows that they are up to something.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Redwookieaz because: Edit 4 S&G

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Two good threads. Thank you so much. Feeling something positive and if there is to be a wrong turn in this, something they bring up for nwo, the door is open once it opens. It truly opens then.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
omg...wtf...they got it wrong

There is only 1 person whom can possibly fit the job...this comes from years upon years of service dealing with this exact situation

Ladys and gentlemen, I give you the earths ambassador to any alien species that wish to contact the world...

Will Smith.

(then we know any alien that has monitered our televisions and still come wont be baddies...dont want your first contact to be a MIB unless your on the up and up...

anyhow, will believe this story once it goes into more mainstream papers...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join