It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind Blowing Power of Love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I should clarify my comments about the lack of information about the experiments.. It struck me as I read it, that a lot of what I would have thought were obvious questions were left hanging, eg:
- Were the two subjects always in the same room? Touching? Able to see each other?
- What exactly was this 'moment of alignment' and how was it determined?
- How did they determine the 'falling in love' bit? By questionnaire, or a guaranteed dating service recommendation?
- Did they perform tests to determine the 'range' - eg does it work across the room, outside the building, in another country?
- Did they measure anything beyond ecg/brain activity, and how did it compare to two people who didn't know each other, or despised each other?

I'm being a tiny bit flippant, but not all that much...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Those are all fair & reasonable questions!

Perhaps my daughter can get some info that will cover those issues.

I'll also ask her to do a journal article search through her medical subscriptions.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

You know.....that's a subject that is close to my heart.

Intuitive thinking is extremely important

I agree 100%.

I'm a lefty that's naturally "right-brained".

I like to push myself to the extreme physically and mentally when focusing on a project. Interestingly, it's easier to have intuitive leaps like this.

I push really hard, then release, and the "aha" moment arrives. Usually walking around the block for a few with headphones blaring something hip is the most it takes. Other times it's a simple mental "breaking point" and a deep breathe for release.

It seems everyone has a slightly different method to their madness...

I would have to say that reaching this state of being, even if only momentarily, provides the most blissful experiences, and keeps me going through all the insanity. When your mind seems to explode and reassemble in the "correct" order, it's more beautiful than any work of art I've seen IRL.

It's my heroine...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Visual clues such as body language, facial expression, existing knowledge about participants, etc..... all contribute to that process.
I understand this. It's common psychology. However, my being able to "feel" a persons mood has nothing to do with actually examining these things, I don't have to be looking at a person, I only have to be near them.

Perhaps you're just not aware of the examination. It's below your threshold of awareness. There's something to be said about pheromones as well.

Originally posted by CHA0S

.....and yes.....the sort of thing alluded to in the article could be a part of that "reading" process.
Well, in the article, they seem to make it pretty clear it's more than just a "reading" process involving nothing overly extraordinary. They seem to believe something more is taking place.

Do you truly not think we emanate some sort of energy field? Spiritual energy, life force, Chi, or whatever you want to call it, being in the medical profession you've probably of heard of this before, have you ever suspected such a thing may exist?

I didn't get that from the article. In fact, they specifically said there was nothing magical going on. They said we're wired for this, and I agree.

Ya know, I'm an INTP ... thinker personality, but still get the same as you when entering a room. It's most pronounced when I change locations long distance, like going into a rural area, or flying into a new city, state, or country. Still, I can vibe off of people just from entering a restaurant. It's just instinct mixing in with intuitions, IMO.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I hope they will teach us how they were able to connect the therapist and the volunteer patients. What techniques did they use? I want to learn that.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Finally science is catching up... It was about time!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
I hope they will teach us how they were able to connect the therapist and the volunteer patients. What techniques did they use? I want to learn that.

Wavemaker.....

I will keep an eye out for further info.

As In mentioned, my daughter has links in there via her medical science studies.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank god you continue your usual line...I was already afraid that you might have been converted by some new age hipster talking about body being only container and aliens coming here to liberate you..Lol

Yepp...fascinating....there is that good documentary about coma patients recovering...think made by ABC...human mind is just fascinating....It is so adabtable....Did you know that learning process actually involves changes in DNA??!!
I'll try to find a link and make a posta about that...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join