It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind Blowing Power of Love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ATS Team:

So…..

Is that it?

Are we going to be simply able to explain away “love” like this?

Mind Blowing Power of Love

Tim Barlass
September 26, 2010
Sydney Morning Herald

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a0f5835cf14.jpg[/atsimg]
Tests ... Trisha Stratford and subject. Photo: Anthony Johnson

THE mystery behind the ''sixth sense'' - how people interact on a physiological level - is a step closer to being unravelled, according to a Sydney neuroscientist.

A five-year study monitoring brain activity during therapy sessions has shown that two people can become physiologically aligned - parts of their nervous systems beating in harmony - despite having no physical contact with each another.

''It was very exciting. When we're in this moment of oneness or an altered state, the most exciting thing is that a part of the brain called the parietal lobe is fired into action. ''When this happens we can read each other's brains and bodies at a deeper level - a sixth sense.''

Link to full article:

The Mind Blowing Power of Love

This is a facinating article.....I will do some more reading & make some more comments later on.

I'll also ask my daughter if she would like to comment.....she's just majored in neuroscience & is continuing here studies in the area next year.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 25-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Very interesting article man i have always felt i had some sort of influence on people on a deeper level such as what the article talks about and this proves it i once had this girlfriend long distance and i connected with her on such a deep level i knew exactly when she was in distress and called her and i would be right, she would be crying on the phone as she picked up the phone.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineTeacher

DivineTeacher.....

It certainly does open up some very interesting areas of thought.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineTeacher

My mom has done this with me before. The night my little brother died, all of the immediate family either physically became ill without cause, else had emotional/psychological disturbances without a known cause. I was crying really hard in front of my friends, and couldn't explain it. This has never happened to me before or after.

This is very interesting. I tend to side with the scientists assumption that there is nothing magical going on. This seems to just be our inability to fully grasp the immense powers our subconscious mind. We're all intuitive geniuses, but few realize this and use it with conscious intent.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Amazing, it confirms my "coincidences" of saying or having someone say what i am thinking, but only if i truly love that person or if they love me. Also, I remember various occasions when my girlfriend and I would feel each others hearts, and they would be simultaneously beating.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It is the ''alignment'' between two people that researcher Trisha Stratford said enabled the relationship between individuals to be elevated to another level.

''My energy impacts with you just standing there,'' she said. ''I am impacting your brain and body just by being here.''
EXACTLY...thanks for this article MMN...

I can feel the "atmosphere" of a room when I enter...I always have been able to...
I know the general mood of people and how they are feeling by being near them...

I bet that doesn't sound all so stupid now does it...

EDIT: And for those who say understanding love to such a degree is a bad thing, this is so much more than just understanding love. People need to understand that we can read minds/feelings to a degree...it's because we are losing touch with these realities that we are becoming so self-destructive...we used to know all these things...people just understood it, through intuition...it wasn't "where's the proof fool"...this knowledge has been intentionally suppressed for hundreds of years IMO, by making us focus on all things material and immediately observable...

edit on 25/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That's pretty cool, but...
you know me, always a little cynical...

Australia seems to have a problem (dunno about other countries) with researchers releasing 'findings' way too early. The motivation can be as simple as a TV story (Today Tonight and similar shows being particularly bad examples of this)... The article is interesting, but falls way short of describing the experiments in detail, and what controls were applied. I would venture to suggest that this definitely isn't yet peer reviewed, so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. I'd really like to see and hear the details of what they actually did.

Having said that, I do strongly believe that we haven't yet uncovered all the subtle ways in which our brains communicate. One of these days I'll tell you a story about my aunt and father.. Very freaky...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

This seems to be the most detail they go into, I agree not overly detailed, but you can't make the article too long. Considering it's a five-year study though, I don't think they've really jumped the gun.

HIRTY volunteers aged 21 to 65 were assessed by six therapists in a trial period of more than 180 hours.

Each had said that they were suffering some kind of anxiety in their life.

Electrodes were placed around the head to monitor brain waves in four different areas. The heart was monitored by ECG and the body through skin conductance resonance - a monitor taped to the finger.

The electrodes monitored activity in four areas of the brain at the moment of ''alignment''. The monitoring showed heightened activity in the parietal part of the brain, which is considered to be the seat of the imagination.

It was this part of the brain that has been of interest to those who have studied the brain of Albert Einstein.

It is the ''alignment'' between two people that researcher Trisha Stratford said enabled the relationship between individuals to be elevated to another level.

''My energy impacts with you just standing there,'' she said. ''I am impacting your brain and body just by being here.''

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Unityemissions.....

We're all intuitive geniuses, but few realize this and use it with conscious intent.

You know.....that's a subject that is close to my heart.

Intuitive thinking is extremely important

In fact.....it's something I push the managers of my business to allow time for in their very busy schedules in the sense that if you fill your schedule & thinking up with constant "left brain" type details & activities, you severely inhibit your ability to make those invaluable "right brain" leaps of intuitive decision making.

It can be a case of....."go to the gym & by the time you've finished you'll have thought of something important".

I've even given out books of movie tickets & said....."when you just can't figure out the solution to that important problem, go see a movie!".

It's not as silly as it sounds.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Interesting article MMN! Here's the perfect soundtrack for the thread mate! One of my old faves from the 80's.

S&F

IRM

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHA0S.....

EXACTLY...thanks for this article MMN...

You are very welcome!

I can feel the "atmosphere" of a room when I enter...I always have been able to...
I know the general mood of people and how they are feeling by being near them...

I think there are many, many factors that contribute to that.

For instance.....I am constantly involved in complex meetings with multiple participants. One learns very quickly to "read the room", albeit with varying levels of success. Visual clues such as body language, facial expression, existing knowledge about participants, etc..... all contribute to that process.

.....and yes.....the sort of thing alluded to in the article could be a part of that "reading" process.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 26-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
S/F for the love thread.

I get what you are telling to tell me.

Hugs!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

That's pretty cool

Yup.....sure is!

but...
you know me, always a little cynical...

Perhaps not so much ”cynical” as ”discerning”.

Australia seems to have a problem (dunno about other countries) with researchers releasing 'findings' way too early.

That’s a vexed question.....some things seem to hit the “airwaves” too soon.....some things just fizzle out, never to be heard of at all. I guess the question is.....where’s “the line”?

The motivation can be as simple as a TV story (Today Tonight and similar shows being particularly bad examples of this)...

That is true.....& sometimes it’s part of an organised “awareness raising” campaign for the purposes of subsequent fund raising, etc...

You know.....sometimes, albeit extremely rarely, the media can absolutely nail these stories & get them 100% right.

I just saw a BBC science article about one of the very advanced medical technologies I raised in my ATS Live interview. In fact the BBC did such a great job of it, I am going to use it as the basis for a thread about that technology.

The article is interesting, but falls way short of describing the experiments in detail, and what controls were applied.

That is true. I guess that could have occurred for a number of reasons, including trying to keep the whole thing brief & simplified for “public consumption”.

I would venture to suggest that this definitely isn't yet peer reviewed, so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt. I'd really like to see and hear the details of what they actually did.

As I said.....one of my daughters just majored in neuroscience / neurophysiology & she might know some of the people involved. I’ll discuss it with her during the week.

Having said that, I do strongly believe that we haven't yet uncovered all the subtle ways in which our brains communicate.

I think you may be right.....

One of these days I'll tell you a story about my aunt and father.. Very freaky...

I hope you do!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 26-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

getting your metaphyiscal on i like it mmn
is there a theripudic angle to this artical or just interesting findings
i think people are hive minded just most have no idea

xploder

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Visual clues such as body language, facial expression, existing knowledge about participants, etc..... all contribute to that process.
I understand this. It's common psychology. However, my being able to "feel" a persons mood has nothing to do with actually examining these things, I don't have to be looking at a person, I only have to be near them.

.....and yes.....the sort of thing alluded to in the article could be a part of that "reading" process.
Well, in the article, they seem to make it pretty clear it's more than just a "reading" process involving nothing overly extraordinary. They seem to believe something more is taking place.

Do you truly not think we emanate some sort of energy field? Spiritual energy, life force, Chi, or whatever you want to call it, being in the medical profession you've probably of heard of this before, have you ever suspected such a thing may exist?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yet another scientific test, study, and experiment to explain away the soul.

On a more positive note, it was quite an interesting article on how the brain works and perceives input based on environment via stimuli.

I've researched chemical reactions within the brain which coincide with said "emotions"

Its interesting and fun to learn, however, its important to remember life isn't about finding explanations. Its about life itself. Experiencing, perceiving, and feeling the world around you.

Its not about studying the origins of your blood, its about sharing your blood. Your family, friends, and community.

edit on 26-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Yet another scientific test, study, and experiment to explain away the soul.
How exactly do you figure it does that?
2nd

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Its just my cynical interpretation. Don't take it to heart. I feel, alot lately, that many scientists of today are trying to explain and analyze life and humanity itself.

Why does humanity have to have a specific explanation or purpose? Why does the beauty of love have to even BE explained scientifically? To be reduced to mere chemical reactions? Will the research funding be really worth it for people to read the article and just go "huh, thats neat."

People seem to analyze things too much and get way too distracted from what really matters in life.

Didn't mean to rant on ya!

edit on 26-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
S/F for the love thread.
I get what you are telling to tell me.
Hugs!

Yes Mask.....

There's always lots of hugs for you, Mask.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<<   2 >>

join