It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap album cover depicts WTC explosion before 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The album "Party Music" by Oakland political rap group The Coup, was delayed from it's original September 2001 release due to it's controversial album cover. The cover, completed in June of 2001, three months before 9/11 shows the two members of the group standing in front of the twin towers with explosions coming out of them. The record label delayed the release until a new album cover was drawn up.
Link to image

I'm not saying that they knew about it, just thought it was a strange coincidence, kind of like Alex Greys 1990s paints Gaia. Just food for thought

edit on 25-9-2010 by elfulanozutan0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If that's a coincidence, then the odds of that album being scheduled to release on Sep 11th 2001 are astronomically high. It's hard to believe that's a random coincidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

I just found this today. I thought it was a pretty interesting coincidence. Like did they think it would happen or did they thinkit would just be something cool to put on their album cover? Especially with them being a political rap group and Marxist activist I thought it was quite weird.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, and I will be sure to save the link. The next time a truther or another starts claiming there were too many "suspicious coincidences" for it to be a terrorist attack, I can post this to show they're barking up the wrong tree- here's smoking gun proof it was really the rapper group, "The Coup" that blew up the WTC.

We know who the conspirators are now. Sic 'em!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I see to recall that there were more covers with 9-11 type depictions. I do remember this one in particular being discussed in the MSM immediately after the attacks.

Perhaps some people here were just too young at the time and think this is new.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You are right. Thanks for posting OP, but this is old news. It's one of MANY strange coincidences about 9/11 and the media. Don't even get me started on the $20 bill when it's folded properly it shows the towers burning....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of things like this pointed out by others in the past. If you want to see more stuff like that, go to youtube and look up synchronicity, and you will see the number 9/11 come up in a bunch of different movies prior to 9/11/2001.

It makes me wonder, maybe it is a coincidence and maybe it isn't.
I don't know.

edit on 9/25/2010 by arcana_imperii because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/25/2010 by arcana_imperii because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Another one I remember:

This is a album cover from a Germany group called Tele Trieste.

It went on sale in June of 2001.
Once again, this CD Cover was on sale 2 months prior to the attack !

Source

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Here's a good interview w/ Boots regarding the album cover ( www.daveyd.com... ). As for what he's up to now, along w/ Tom Morello, formed Street Sweeper Social Club that have political/anti-capitalist heavy lyrics. Not so much about the Gov planning 9/11, but rather them cashing in on years of American exploitation of foreign countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
nothing new here.
theres even a magazine with the cookie monster inbetween the WTC, would that count as one?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

While we're on early 9-11 memories, anyone remember Bert with Osama bin Laden?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

Also scheduled for release on that date was a computer game called "Real War: Rogue States." A combat strategy game based on US counter-terrorism operations. Cases of this game were already sitting there in the stock room ready to be put out on store shelves the morning of September 11th when the attack happened. The release was canceled and a return to shipper order issued. The cover depicted the Pentagon with an explosion in one section.

I tried to search out an image to share, but found nothing.

The game was later released with new cover art.

edit on 25-9-2010 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

This must be the piece of hard evidence the Truthers are looking for. Now they can add this to their pie charts. Nice find OP. The OS is screwed now. This is an actual picture of the future events. WOW.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

I wasn't saying it's some type of truther thing. Y'all think I'm trying to say they are part of a conspiracy. I was just trying to bring it up. "hey look at this album of the wtc before 9/11 exploding." I was just bringing it up.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Perfect example of a COINCIDENCE

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Another example. Good catch

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

Perfect example of a COINCIDENCE

So the Israeli 'art students' were doing cd covers as well as van murals?

Strange coincidence indeed.

edit on 26-9-2010 by TaZCoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Imagine, for a moment, you are part of a group of "anti establishment" people... musicians, artists or any other sort of thing.... The World Trade Center would have been at the forefront of imagery as would most anything else strongly associated with freedom, capitalism and independence. Unless you are attempting to directly associate this group with the events that had occurred, be it through covert or overt knowledge, I think coincidence is more likey the reason.

Sans evidence it is anything other than a coincidence, it likely is.

And mid September has always been a point in time for releasing new something-or-others, from cars to movies, school years starting....

edit on 9/26/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

yes im a truther and let me guess you are from the Q-Group right

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If you remember the original Spiderman trailer depicted a bank robbery with the gunmen boarding a helicopter that was capture in a web built between the twin towers. It was pulled after 9/11, some even feared it would delay the movie. Granted this didn't depict the towers being blown up, but still it just illustrates that because of 9/11 our attention was directed at anything involving the towers... remember the trick with the dollar bills and folding them in such a way it would reveal the twin towers burning? Its all just a coincidence, even if it is a bit strange.

new topics

top topics

join