It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me what the Tea Party movement actually is

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Again, there is nothing stopping voters from rallying third party candidates or third parties.

Who said there was? I sure didn't. Doesn't change the fact that they don't do so in sufficient numbers to do anything more than make it a tighter race between the Democrats and Republicans. People are so stuck on the two-party system that no third party stands a chance at the polls of actually winning with the rare Independent being the exception.

The fact there are only Republicans and Democrats hosting primaries does not mean the tea parties cannot rally behind a third party.

I agree. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that there are no primaries for anything except Republicans and Democrats. You want in on the primaries? You run as one or the other. Otherwise you wait til November and hope that you have enough people paying attention to something besides American Idol to realize you're running too.

And there is nothing stopping libertarians or any other third party from hosting their own primaries. What state laws forbid third parties from hosting their own primaries?

I have difficulty believing that you are truly this dense. I really do. Just because nothing is stopping them doesn't mean that they hold primaries and doesn't change the fact that they don't.

This is an excuse to explain why we see no alternative tea party candidates winning elections.

Still don't have the intellectual honesty to admit that we haven't actually had any elections other than a special election or two I see. Go ahead, keep whining that they aren't winning elections. The rest of us understand that there haven't been any elections yet. Primaries aren't the same as the elections we'll have in a little over a month. You know it, I know it, the entire country knows it.

it seems as those its the same recycled talking points, and yet you are so insistent that the tea parties will do exactly what loyal Republicans have been doing for the last few decades. This is as much of a problem with the political party establishment as it is with the representitives.

No, I'm not actually. I'm hoping they will, but I don't know the future any more than you do. I've also stated repeatedly that if they don't do what they say they will and if they are just the same as the idiots already in office then they should be voted out too. This really isn't so difficult as you try to pretend it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna, don't believe it when certain people claim that The T.E.A Party people are hypocrites for not voting independent. The fact is, there are very good reasons why independents are not elected, THEY CAN'T GET ON THE BALLOT!

Now, whom makes THOSE rules?

www.ballot-access.org...

Shame on you Southern Guardian.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Can anyone give me a nice simple concise explanation of who they are, what their goals are etc.as I can't make head nor tail of it.

The tea party movement is a group of people who use signs to beg their masters for more scraps from the table.

The movement consists of people who believe that their signs will be a larger force of motivation than the billions of dollars that are lobbied to congress; people who believe that power-hungry rulers will read their letters and decide to give up the institution which gets them billions of free dollars; people who believe that a piece of paper [a constitution] has the power to stop a tyrant from oppressing everyone else; people who believe that the slaves of a system have some kind of power over the system which enslaves them.

In a nutshell, they're the people who pay the taxes which fund their own enslavement, and who then ask their rulers if they wouldn't terribly mind so much lowering the taxes.

People who have this mindset are part of the problem - they are actively keeping everyone else down by lending some legitimacy to a criminal institution; they're not willing to take any kind of REAL action to stop the violence of taxation, they're not even willing to stop paying taxes themselves, but they ARE willing to participate in the fantasy of "a government run by and for the people". Pretty much, they're just like everyone else, except they can make some neat signs and floats.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

No worries, I don't. It's just something they complain about now that some tea party supported candidates have made it past the primaries and onto the November ballots. Had those candidates ran as Independents and somehow managed to get into the primaries and into the upcoming election they'd be complaining about something else.

I didn't realize quite how difficult it can be to get in on the primaries though, so thanks for posting that! Learn something new every day.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this searching for the author of the quote..
None of us is free until all of us are free. I didn't put the quotes around it because I paraphrase.

None of us is free until all of us are free
is a libertarian position handily sidestepped and ignored by the GOP - Unless you are talking about corporations - Corporate rights and freedom are a whole 'nother voter block, esp. now with laws allowing them to essentially 'vote'.
GOP covertly though obviously defends and fights tooth and claw for this constituency...Motive?
It is no secret plan to enslave people. It is because we don't pay the greedy bazterds shlt. So by supporting and defending huge corporate interests over the workers and citizen pays handsomely in dividends which adds to their measly paychecks.
Not making excuses, just offering a rational.
Holding this platform and position unwaveringly...is where they make the big bucks.

This blogger/scholar has captured the spirit and essence of the tea party. Having been to our local tea party, (and understanding propaganda, hyperbole, subliminal manipulation and unethical tactics designed to persuade a little bit)...I have to concur. This is how anarchy and civil wars begin.
Fasten your seat belts.

The intent, as I understand it, is to foment explicitly racial and gendered antagonisms in the Democratic party, and to remind voters on the radical right that a vote against Obama is a vote for everything that white supremacy has and does stand for.

One of the workshops at History Camp featured three wonderful young southern historians who are writing about late twentieth-century political mobilizations in the former Confederacy. A conversation which I love to have, with colleagues and with students, is: does the South still cohere as a region? If so, what is "regional" about it and -- given the vast emigration of black and white southerners to northern and western industrial cities in the twentieth century, what characteristics of the "south" are shared by other places? And to what extent does the contemporary South draw on its past for distinctiveness?

hnn.us...

edit on 2-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: more info

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It basically is about this; "We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore!"
We are tired of the lying liars, and misrepresenting representatives in government that have stolen our nations identity, and turned it into a cheap whore who spreads her legs for political gain and "union" profit only.

The lipstick wearing golliwog, and madam of this whore house is the current foppish commander in thief, B.O.

The Tea Bag express is going to burn the Washington DC bordello to the ground, and send the tax and spend whores packing.

I guess that about covers it!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
any grass routs movement will be quickly and quietly infiltrated and corrupted before it gets too big . And of course sometimes retards like those in the utube clip posted will be drawn it these movements and make matters worse.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
It basically is about this; "We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore!"
We are tired of the lying liars, and misrepresenting representatives in government that have stolen our nations identity, and turned it into a cheap whore who spreads her legs for political gain and "union" profit only.

The lipstick wearing golliwog, and madam of this whore house is the current foppish commander in thief, B.O.

The Tea Bag express is going to burn the Washington DC bordello to the ground, and send the tax and spend whores packing.

I guess that about covers it!

Really?
It is not a bunch of white supremest's trying to avoid paying taxes for government programs they are not entitled to?

Oh.
My bad.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

You used a bad word.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join