It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Video Of Fake Arrest Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
not sure if this goes here ,mods please move it it does not belong here

now i think what this cop did was great!!! a stand up father doing what is right ,what say you ats ?

The video captures the minutes leading up to a cop's fake arrest of a San Jose teenager who had sex with his stepdaughter. The big question is does it show an officer abusing his authority or a father concerned about his teenage stepdaughter having sex with another minor?

The attorney for the officer says the video shows a very controlled person who strongly objects to the underage sex that wa More..s taking place. The parents who took the cell phone video say that the officer entered their home with his uniform, using his badge and handcuffs without their permission.

The father took the video and now the family wants the video released saying it shows a San Jose police officer abused his authority when he found out their son had sex with the officer's 14-year-old stepdaughter.

"Growing up, being in high school. A cop's daughter is not someone you mess around with," said the cop.

The family's attorney, Tony Boskovich, says the officer showed up unannounced and took their son into a separate room.

"They heard noise, they heard a thud and when they got in there, they saw their son on the floor, in handcuffs getting up," said Boskovich.

The video segment ABC7 reviewed is five minutes and 37 seconds long. ABC7 spoke with the officer's attorney, Terry Bowman, right after she watched the cell phone video for the first time. She says it shows a concerned father who was given permission to use "scare straight" tactics.

"At no time did you hear the parents of the young man objecting, getting upset, crying. So the video is absolutely exculpatory from the cop's perspective," said Bowman.

Bowman points to an early portion of the video in which the boy's father speaks up while his son is in handcuffs.

"Use your head. Think about what he is talking to you about. Listen to his words. Replay them in your head," said the father.

The family's attorney says the officer threatened the teenager numerous times and crossed the line in using his position as an officer to settle a domestic matter.

"It does not bode well for you. Do you know what that means? No? Not a good thing that the person you had sex with is a cop's daughter. The District Attorney will probably file charges," said the cop.

San Jose police did say on Wednesday that both juveniles were cited for having sex with a minor. Those citations are likely in the hands of juvenile probation as a possible referral to the district attorney's office. The district attorney says she is reviewing the case to see if the officer involved faces any criminal charges.

The officer's actions have also unnerved his department. On Friday night, the police chief said he is considering new rules about how cops interact with people they know.

An internal investigation is going on, the district attorney's office is looking into all of this and the police department is now creating new code of conduct procedures.

"When an officer is on duty or is off duty, that officer will avoid becoming officially involved in quarrels or disputes occurring in their own neighborhoods," said Cordell.

The other is article deals with an officer's code of conduct involving personal feelings. The teenagers' parents insist the officer was out of line that night.

The department, in the meantime, is reviewing the duty manual, which does not make specific mention of this type of behavior.

"We determined that there should be probably a very specific section that addresses this. We're several versions into actually creating one," said San Jose Police Department Sgt. Ronnie Lopez.

Lopez said the officer may have violated more than those two policies. The officer is currently on administrative

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
this is a tough one while he shouldnt of used police powers there are allot of fathers that would do allot worse things in that situation. so you can understand him being upsett and doing something irratinal. then again what was this cop doing at 14. the same thing allot of us probally were

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm the first person to speak out against the abuse cops are throwing upon the public recently, but I have to say that this guys actions are justified, he is in complete control of himself, and is giving this kid some good advice on top of it. In other words, he seems like a good father and a good cop / public servant. Kudos to him for acting this professionally and not going out of control like so many fathers might.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If you find out my teenage son is having sex with your teenage daughter, you

can - tell me about it and see what happens from there.

Can NOT

Enter my home without my permission and take my child into another room and physically engage him in any way.

The way I see it, if you call me up we will have a reasonable discussion and something may be done to fix the proble, You come to my house in uniform and violate the constitution as part of your heroic little stand and you now have enemies right off the bat. Not setting a good example, not helping the situation, not legal, not right.

Besides, do you have teenagers? I can pretty much guarantee you that after this, that boy is twice as determined to unermine that cop and nail his daughter who is now most likely more "in love" with him than ever before.

Sorry but the fact that he entered their home without a warrant or permission while in uniform disgusts me. It would not be right if he did it on "official" business so I do not see how flaunting the law to break it is even better.

Did I miss the part of the article that explains that this kids parents were living in his home? I do not care what your beef with my kid is. Any cop that wants to justify entering my home without permission or a warrant does not deserve their badge.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
am i the only one seeing the same icon for eveyrone and its realy starting to screw with me as i cant see whos responding to who? and yeah they were bolth minors yeah underage sex should be discouraged but that dosent give him the right to come into some ones home like that cop or not i think we have more problems then 14 year olds sleeping together cop needs to get off his high horse and go arrest some actual child molestors or crack heads or something

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i think he was acting out of good nature ,i think he was doing what every daddy should do when their child is in that kind of situation

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I'm not even gonna watch the whole thing. I think it's totally unfair. Why is this kid anymore responsible than the step-daughter? Why is the onus on him? What if she INSISTED he'd fornicate with her? Why is he the bad guy?

This is liken to a man who impregnates a woman, after a woman tells him she's on birth-control and KNOWS, he does NOT want children but yet, she winds up pregnant and he's...........held responsible. Even though, he repeatedly asked her if she was protected because he did not want children he has to pay child support for 18 years. Not fair!

Or in another instance. What if he wants her to have a legal abortion and she refuses. He again is held responsible despite his wishes.

Just because men carry the sperm doesn't mean they should carry the rap. Women better be held on a little higher legal-ground pretty soon because this is getting ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Nephi1337

I'm not even gonna watch the whole thing. I think it's totally unfair. Why is this kid anymore responsible than the step-daughter? Why is the onus on him? What if she INSISTED he'd fornicate with her? Why is he the bad guy?

This is liken to a man who impregnates a woman, after a woman tells him she's on birth-control and KNOWS, he does NOT want children but yet, she winds up pregnant and he's...........held responsible. Even though, he repeatedly asked her if she was protected because he did not want children he has to pay child support for 18 years. Not fair!

Or in another instance. What if he wants her to have a legal abortion and she refuses. He again is held responsible despite his wishes.

what makes you think that ,she did not get in trouble ether ? it was a fake arrest to try and teach the kid a lesson ,judging by how he took cair of the situation ,i am sure the daughter was in some deep S!@# too

Just because men carry the sperm doesn't mean they should carry the rap. Women better be held on a little higher legal-ground pretty soon because this is getting ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sheesh somehow I missed that this was inside the kids house and not the cops house. I take back what I said--this is another out of control cop.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i think he was acting out of good nature ,i think he was doing what every daddy should do when their child is in that kind of situation

He abused his badge.
He violated the constitutional rights of 3 people, 2 of whom were not having sex with his daughter.
He lied.
He used his position in law enforcement to break several laws.

I understand the concept of wanting to protect your daughter but would you really like a cop lying to come into your home without a warrant and doing whatever he wants with your 14 year old son in a seperate room alone? It seems like maybe you are only empathizing with the cop. What about the parents of the boy?

edit on 26-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It is a domestic matter, non violent and not criminal. Tough luck cop. Do it as a father not an officer.

new topics

top topics

join