It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My different experiences with Shadow People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
On Nov. 24, 2000 at 3:46am I awoke to a strage translucent vistor at the foot of my bed. The best way to describe it would be the alien in the movie "The Predator" when he turned invisible. I quickly pinched myself thinking this had to be a dream. But the pinch was painful. The thing started moving slowly around my bed. As it passed a mirror I could see through the mirror into the next room. I tried yelling for help but couldn't. All I could make was a grumbling sound. I then heard the most evil laughter. It was like a dozen children laughing in the most sinister way. At that point I pulled the sheets over my head like a scared little girl. Almost immediately the thing jumps on me and I begin to wrestle with it under the covers. I was able to grab what seemed like an arm and was trying to break it. The arm was so flimsy and thin I was wrapping it around my arm. It was like a pool stick made of rubber or something. This being was very weak. I was easily having my way with it but was still freaked out because it was actually happening. I quickly called out to Jesus in my mind and the thing vanished. I took off my covers and saw that my alarm clock read 3:46am then promptly passed out. I woke up the next day like nothing happened. It was about a week later the memory came back. Just recently I found out that my mother had woken up at that very time and had a very strong feeling that I was in danger. She noticed that my two smaller sisters were awake also. They had also just experienced something weird. My youngest sister said she say small black objects flying in circles above her bed. And my other sister said she had something pass right threw her. I was living next door at that time. My younger brother who was the only other member of my family present (my dad was at work) who didn't have a story to share of the happenings of that night. I was 20, my sisters were 16 and 11.

Two years to the day at 11:46am but this time at a different residents something similiar happened. I awoke to a completely black being at my bedroom door. I was completely paralyized this time. I was also on my back, the first time in 2000 too, which I always sleep on my stomach. I close my eyes hoping I'm dreaming or something but when I open them back up the thing is sitting on the foot of my bed hunched over facing the wall. I begin to call out to God to save me in my mind all the while struggling with all my might to move. It seemed like 5 minutes passed (the occurence in 2000 lasted maybe 15 seconds). I was praying and struggling to move the entire time. The thing also had not budged one inch since it sat down on my bed.I was exhausted both physically and mentally and basically my fear turned into annoyance. And for a moment lost my faith thinking God was not helping me. I just gave up. At that very moment is when the thing dissapeared and I was able to move again. No one else in my family reported anything weird that night or since.

A few months ago I woke on my back again paralyzed and noticed a black shape pass by my window but from the inside. Then a black blanket (the best I can desribe it) was thrown on me. I passed out before the blanket even landed on me. I was scared to death. I woke up paralyzed and quickly passed out about a week later. And then again a week after that. Since that last time I haven't had any occurences.

Anyone with any insite to this? I really would like this sh*t to stop.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
When i read your first paragraph i thought of only one thing then i read your second paragraph and it clinched it. You are suffering from what is known as sleep paraylsis sometimes called night terrors and its not to uncommon, i myself have suffered from it several times during my lifetime. When it happens i awake and feel allmost like something is holding me down and that there is something else in the room with me , i try to speak but i cant , then i see something out of the corner of my eye like a shadow moving around. Its even happened while ive had others in the bed with me , i can watch this thing even touch the person next to me but i can do nothing about it and the next day they dont even know what im talking about.

One time that stands out in my mind the most was when i awoke paraylized with what looked like like a half goat half man sitting on my chest. When i awoke that morning i was still scared and i drove to work very carfully that day thinking that death himself had let me know my time was soon up. This was the only time that anything materialized all the other times it was shodows or unseen things around me. Shortly there after i learned about sleep paraylsis and the things that happened to me matched the experiences i read about allmost to a tee.

Ive allways assumed the sheer terror of the event is so much that i just pass out and then wake up in the morning to remember the event however im beginning to question if i ever trully was awake. I mean i know im awake enough to be alert and see my souroundings but im wondering if its kinda like a crossroads of dream state / awake state. In this state my dream world and awake world kinda crash together, i have all the normal senses but the inability to move and the knowledge im not alone in the room. Thats when i look around and the shadows seem to come to life taunting me in terror. But then again thats just my theory on it and it might not be correct however coming to that conclusion and reading up on the subject has helped me. I think its been well over two years since ive had any attacks.

Im curious by any chance do you ever have panic attacks? Also are you one of those that while awake dont scare to easily?

Additionally i have quite a few other sleeping disorders such as sleep walking and around times that i have had an attack of sleep paralysis ive slept walked more frequently so you might want to get someone to watch you for you own safety. I know ive been found standing ontop of a an 18 foot ladder washing the windows before while asleep so the possibility of accidental harm is high.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ooops i forgot to attach a link to give you more info on it

first the definition of it .......

www.dreamsnightmares.com...

and a site with a few other links describing peoples attacks.......

www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

some statisics on it ...........
( if the chart is right you are nearing the peak of your life for these attacks)

watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
OK But how does that explain what happened to my sisters at the exact time of my experience.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Are the things we see and experience in Sleep Paralayst just our imagination or something else?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snydiego
OK But how does that explain what happened to my sisters at the exact time of my experience.

How old are they?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My sisters were 16 and 11 at the time of the their experiences. They are 20 and 14 now.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Im curious by any chance do you ever have panic attacks? Also are you one of those that while awake dont scare to easily?

No, I've never had a panic attack and I would say that I scare normally.

After reading the material your links led to, I'm confused as to everyone would so easily say that this is a sleeping disorder if many of the people involved are having the exact same "hallucinations." That seems too weird to be right.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think the last two experiences might have been sleep paralysis, but the first one definitely wasn't. I just find the whole passing out and remembering a week later in such detail a little odd... I'm not trying to discredit your story or anything, I'm just saying it's weird.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Heres a link to another thread on this:
Link

You can even read my shadow person encounter here

[edit on 26-6-2004 by minimi]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ew. That's creepy. Lol. Things like that always happen to me. Well, sort of. Ever since I was like 10 I've had "shadow people" that seem to follow me. They never hurt me or do anything too weird. All they usually do is just stare at me. but it's in an observation sort of way. The only physical thing I think that has ever come from them is sometimes I'll wake up and have neon yellow bruises somewhere on my body. AND I MEAN YELLOW. It's as if someone took a highlighter and drew on me. It's usually my legs stomach. They go away within about a day though. That and I used to get cuts behind my ears. Haha. I know that sounds weird but it's always a small cut behind my ears. Like they scratched them or something. These incidents only happened a few times. But anyways I've had "Shadow People" watch me my whole life. They're a bit unsettling but like I said all they normally do is just stare. I've tried to tell people about them or see if anyone knew anything about them but no one seemed to have. It's so cool that people on here have heard of them and or had encounters.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
you should watch the movie they or it might be called them im not sure but it might add further insight into these night terrors you peple say you have had and have any of you had a sore that constantly bleeds on like you ankle or on your head OR SOMEWHERE YOU NORMALLY WOULdNT LOOK. Also i have frequently had a sense of foreboding like somebody was watching me when i am at my grandparents house.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 16/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know this is why I don't talk about my experiences. This right here. You may very well be telling the truth, but you sound like lunatics.

1. never once during a shadow person encounter did I have troubles moving, speaking, screaming or what have you.

2. I never lost the ability to hide.

3. Never felt any highlighter like sensations.

All it did was come out walk over to my bed and stand there for about 4 or 5 hours...

Only description would be a human figure darker than the room (pitch black).

Yes it scared the hell out of me, I was 5 years old for crying out loud.

Happened every night till I was 9.

Was never abused nor neglected. I grew up with a loving family.

That is a true shadow person experience.

I have a feeling many of you are just making your stories up!!!

[edit on 17-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
my guess.. false awakening.. google it. and Jesus can be called upon in your mind while dreaming conciuosly, this is also known as praying.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snydiego

Could be sleep paralysis but I met someone who claimed similar events,
reminds me of the movie ghost, I would guess they are demons, why some people can see them while others can't, maybe it's a personal 'gift', in combination with a heavily haunted area I don't know, but I'm glad I don't see them.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Aha!

I can now attribute my odd dreams and paralysis to sleep paralysis.

Thanks for the links and descriptions. I stopped having these episodes once I put a glass of water next to my bed. It seems to work.

top topics

join