It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq students turning against professors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The harsh reality that was once Iraq has now turned into a place that breeds serial killers. According to the link below, students are using force against the professors. One student shot down a professor in retailiation for a bad mark. Yet on the news all we hear about are the beheadings. Although Bush is at fault for all this, the sad reality is that the soldiers pay the price, for Bush's reckless behaviour.

www.globeandmail.com...

Solutions to the American made crisis include
"Hanging must be used," Prof. Taleb said. "If a few criminals are killed and displayed publicly it will very quickly end this."

What other options do professors have available to them? I think the student's ethics have been crippled by the outspread of war in Iraq. Is there no solution.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
it is a great effort on the part of BU and lecturers who are still educating the future of iraq and preserving some level of normalcy despite war and near "lawlessness".

i would seriouly reconsider the administration of exams in the current state iraq is in which would endanger the lives of educators. maybe they should fall back on the basic goal of just educating the students and not administer tests during this interim period of instability.

certainly some students have been disadvantaged to the point where they are unable to get to class on time if at all so why wouldnt the university make a change in policy for the time being?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lawlessness is ALL they have known in Iraq for awhile now. So I am not surprised that the violence will permeate every avenue of their lives.
When Iraq gets control of their own country they are gonna run with their tails between their legs. They don't want to protect their own country...very much like Vietnam!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Let's see if I can make this perfectly clear:

If you're socialized in an environment when violence is the norm, you have no qualms about using it against others. Iraq hasn't seen peace...well, for quite some time now. What did you expect? "Gee, the americans/other iraqis blew up my house. Oh well."

Wake up and try the concept of empathy.

DE

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wellcome to democratic Iraq, thanks to the effort of our comander in Chief president bush.

We liberated them now they can run free and do whatever they feel like.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

from websurfer
According to the link below, students are using force against the professors. One student shot down a professor in retailiation for a bad mark. Yet on the news all we hear about are the beheadings. Although Bush is at fault for all this,...

Now I have heard it all.

It is Bush's fault because a student got a bad grade.

Have the liberals taken over Iraq's education system already?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
also it is not bush's fault he cannot be held responsible for every bad thing that happens look at columbine now are we going to say that students stood up to the professors this is just an isolated incident and we have them in the us also.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The common factor between the states and Iraq is that both nations have young'uns guilty of gun possession. The difference is that in the states kids are influenced by video games and in Iraq it's common practice to shoot people and get away with it.

Not long ago I read in the newspaper that kids in the states were shooting wildly out the car with a pellet gun. One of the pellets hit a 6 year old in the head and the pellet got lodged in his brain. The operation to take the pellet out was to risky. Parents were suing in case of mental retardation later on in the kids life.

Bowling for Colombine brought out many issues. I found out that bullets are sold at wal-mart without the use of identification. In the states, not to be confused with the walmart in Canada.

AF1

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wonder if the professors have to teach a 'new' type of history, one that makes America as saviors for liberating them.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
I wonder if the professors have to teach a 'new' type of history, one that makes America as saviors for liberating them.

It's been done before as in WWI and WWII history. Chances are it will happen again. I've alway wondered what the opposition was fighting for. For WWII all we have is the Mien Kiempf book written by Hitler before serving his time as a dictator... and nothing during his time.

All sides have a different take to the US led invasion of Iraq, which is one of the many reasons why France, Canada and the UN didn't join into Bush's legacy.

new topics

top topics

join