It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Sure You Have Your Cameras Handy!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Okay, my son watches nickelodeon (spongebob) and left the tv on. It's 12:46 right now and for the past, i don't know how long exactly, maybe 10 minutes - it keeps saying that today is WORLDWIDE DAY OF PLAY.

'we're all outside playing and you should be too, so turn off your tv, shut down your computer, put down that cellphone and GO ALL OUT, we'll be back at 3'

Could they be doing this so everyone can see the ufos or something? It just seems kind of weird. Be ready with your cameras just in case.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
More likely they just want you to get off your backside and enjoy the outdoors instead of watching the idiot box all day.
Good idea if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its been happening since 2004, its just to try and fight back against the crazy amount of kid obesity that is going on in the world today. Far too many kids sit around on the weekend slurping down any type of sugary drink and pounding back mass amount of carbs and fat. The nickelodeen channel or whatever is aimed at kids, so it is trying to make them get up and go out side for at least one day in the year. Thats all.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is the first time Nick has done this. As it was said before it is to encourage kids to go out and do something. But as good an idea it is,I just see alot of kids just changing channels.
Vince

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i remember being very voung and so pi**ed of that diana died because every chanle was covering it even disney. what a long boring day that was. i agree with the poster above that most kids will just change channle.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
lol
I guess what they say about me is true, I AM paranoid.

Even with all the facts, I am suspicious of their intentions

Are you sure they don't want to abduct some of our children so they can enforce the chip on others? JK

edit on 25-9-2010 by iamnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Nickelodeon needs to do this daily if you ask me. I'm in my twenties and when I was younger every kid in the neighborhood would be out playing and having a good time...yes we'd watch Rugrats, Rockos Modern Life, Doug ect. but these days...I see the kids of the neighborhood playing once-twice a week. TV and technology has really consumed the children of the nation...it's slowly rotting their minds.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by modelerX

"Worldwide Day of Play is an annual event designed to encourage kids and parents to turn off the television and play, especially outdoors. The yearly event officially began on all US Nickelodeon channels: Nickelodeon, Noggin (now Nick Jr.), The N (now TeenNick), and NickToons on October 2, 2004" - wikipedia

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

It's because we live in a suspicious world. I think if there were an honest pole taken, we would all be amazed at how well the fear campaign has worked on most of us.

Tell ya what you need to do. Follow your own advice and go outside, go somewhere that you can enjoy the true beauty that is all around you. THEN...from now on, every day try and notice something that you never would have before. Stop on your way out to the car and really LOOK at the butterfly flitting around the rose in your yard. REALLY look at it and be amazed at the simple, peaceful beauty it has to offer. Do this often and I promise you will become more aware that the negative, paranoid ramblings of this life are small in comparison to what is really there!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OmiOra

The only imagination is what the t.v., video games, or computer gives them. What ever happened to the adventure, creativity, and imagination in kids today? No one should have to tell kids to go outside and play; that should be a kid's pure instinct. Go outside and get dirty, grab a stick and play swords with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yes have your cameras out....take pictures/video of your children playing/having fun OUTSIDE

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Youre 100% right, we have taught our kids to fear Stranger Danger or Chester the Molester, its no wonder they stay inside on the xbox computer etc

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow...why do you all guys have the same avatar with a sexy chick in lingerie and a white lace knotted to a strap??

Creepy...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Bizzare,

Why do keep replying to your own thread with different names?

Am i missing something?

Are you like a crazy person!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok, now i have the same avatar?

Is this a hack of some description?

Crazy.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

LOL I WAS OUTSIDE AT 1137 MY TIME... I KNOW THE TIME BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN MY CAMERA WITH NEW BATTERIES I JUST PUT IN HOURS BEFORE WENT OUT! ANY WAYS I WALKED OUT SIDE AND SA A DISC OF LIGHT CIRCLING THE AMBIENT LIGHT AROUND THE CITY OF Tupelo the birthplace of Elvis.. Anyways, i have no pictures let alone working batteries now because everytime i would replace them they would die! This disc of light was in the sky for around 5 hours. And i believe i was the only one who saw it because it seemed to be aware of my presence every time i would go towards it it would close the diameter of its circle about 150 feet i got within ten feet of the light which was above the clouds which means i had to be within ten feet of tupelos ambient light when it disappeared! Good timing just wish i saw this thread on the twenty fifth would have been great! I think u were on to something because i have only seen two other ufo's before this!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by comatose001

YES!!! LOL THANKYOU!

I mean do you really think the producers care about how much excercise our children get?? They care about ratings. There was another thread awhile ago about someone getting contacted by an alien and the alien said they were going to show themselves to us soon. They were going to 'call us out' of our homes. When I saw that message on nickelodeon it just seemed too weird. I'll have to find that thread and post a link to it here. I was ready with the camera but it was cloudy skies all day here.

top topics

join