It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix was a movie...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I would argue that it is one of the greatest films ever made.

First - it does connect with people. people can relate this film to the current state of the world, and find meaningful connections.

The CGI when the movie first came out, was way ahead of its time. Of course now, compared to films such as.. lets say Avatar, its a different story.

The original score for this film, is still one of the most unique soundtracks ive ever heard. Don Davis fuses Trance and classical music, and does a fantastic job of it. The violins hold eerie dissonances throughout the movie, which greatly add to the film. It also adds a 'computerized' electronic effect.

The film is full of symbolism, that simply put, most people wouldnt get or understand. Most people in todays society are symbol illiterate. There is a reason why every symbol is the way it is, and its not by randomness. For example, most fast food chains use 'red' and 'yellow' colors in their symbols. This is because red and yellow are agitating colors, and the fast food makers, want you in and out quickly. The symbolism used in the Matrix is amazing. A 3 pronged claw, illuminated by 3 lights, lifts Neo into the lights 'awakening'. The lady in the red dress. The 'checkered' floorboards. The 'square' stairwells, all the 'duplicity'.. i could go on and on. These are all freemasonic symbols. Im not going to tell you what they mean, do some research, however, they do greatly add to the message of the movie. A director makes every decision about a movie, and there are so many specifics which underly a much deeper message, then the general message.

To the average village idiot, i guess this could be seen as just another movie, however, to an intelligent enlightened individual, this movie would resonate with them on a much deeper level.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Life is an illusion, a game. it's not the real world, not the reality. you all will see the Matrix ideas differently after you read this thread-

this is based on Salvia Divinorum experience (non-addictive, the healing and teaching plant).
www.entheogen.com...

It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to tell myself that what I have been experiencing with Salvia extract is not actually real or authentic. During the experience & immediately following it there is some part of my mind/consciousness that tells me “You know what that is, you know that is real.” Once some time passes my rational, sober, day-to-day state of mind returns and I tell myself “There’s no way that can actually be real”. Also, the fact that there are other people who are having these very similar experiences with Salvia makes it hard for me to just write it off as my “brain on drugs”. At the end of the day I don’t believe it’s real, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t seem like it is! It seems just as real, if not realer, than this Life/Reality.

This week I did 2 deep journeys and did something a bit different than I usually do. Most of the times I’ve used Salvia have been with my eyes closed and in a completely dark or mostly-dark room. This time I made a point to leave the light on & keep my eyes open because I wanted to know if I would actually see what I usually see. I wanted to be able to tell if what I have been experiencing was only taking place behind closed eyelids in the dark.

Both of these sessions consisted of pre-loading with a bowl of plain leaf, smoked at once into one huge hit (I have iron lungs)…I waited a few minutes…then proceeded to smoke the “real” bowl. Both times I used a mix of 5x, 15x, and topped each bowl off with a small pinch of 30x. I still cannot believe what happened next. It is difficult to actually put into words since we don’t have language to describe this process but I will try my best. Both of these experiences consisted of the same exact thing happening, basically the same thing that happens to me every time I smoke now.

I’m sitting there in a comfortable chair which has a cushioned back & a cushion to rest my head on, looking around at everything in the room while I hold the last hit in. Within seconds after I exhale everything starts to get that “fake plastic/waxy” look to it. All of the sudden I feel this strong sensation of something either opening or turning along the side of my body and it felt like something was literally scraping against the side of my body, I soon realized it was one of the turning gears/cogwheels. Before I know it everything starts to lose depth and what I am looking at…my reality/my field of vision/whatever you want to call it…begins to turn into this completely flat “sheet” which starts to become TRANSPARENT. It was like my Reality became see-through wallpaper. Like I was looking through a clear painting.

So now I'm staring THROUGH my room which is now completely flat & see through…and on the other side of this I see the same #ing thing that I have been seeing for quite some time now. I SEE ROWS OF THESE TURNING/ROTATING GEARS/WHEELS AND A BUNCH OF THE SAME EXACT BEINGS/PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING. I cant tell if these Beings/People are operating the wheels & making them turn or if they are watching over them, but whatever it is they are definitely doing something. It’s like they are doing some kind of work. I cannot stress enough that these Beings/People are exactly the same every time I see them. There is absolutely no variation in the way they appear from experience to experience. They look the same, have the same details/features, and they move around in the same fashion EVERY SINGLE TIME. Same thing goes for the gears/cogwheels I always see. Like I’ve said before and I’ll continue to say for the rest of my life…every time this happens it looks & feels as REAL as it could possibly be. Vivid, detailed, colorful, and the movement is fluid just like what happens in this Reality. Every time I smoke now it makes me think that these Beings & gears/wheels are always there & they are making Reality or Consciousness happen, producing it. It’s as if Reality is some sort of ever-present veil and when I get enough Salvinorin A loaded up into my brain at once it allows me to see what is going on behind the scenes. It forces me to feel like I’ve found a way to temporarily escape Life/Reality and see the truth, if only for a few quick confusing minutes.

The thing that I just cant get over is the fact that while everything in this Reality lost depth & became flat, there was great depth & detail to what I was seeing behind this transparent/see through “sheet” or “veil”. The further away the Beings & wheels were the smaller they looked. The ones that were close to me looked big. I was able to look off into the distance at the rows of these things turning/rotating. It’s no different than if you were standing on a busy street and you looked off into the distance down the street. The buildings, people, cars, etc that were far away from you would look smaller to you, everything close to you would look normal size. It’s just like that. Everything in this Reality becomes fake and the turning wheels & Beings become real.

Now this isn’t even the strangest part. What happened next was even more bizarre and I just cant stop thinking about it. Off to my left, in my left field of vision or the left side of my Reality, something happened. It was either one of 2 things…either a hole/gap opened up or part of my Reality became unattached/unhinged from something. The best way I can explain it is that there was this hole/gap off to my left where I could see more Beings & wheels and it was dark off in the distance…but I wasn’t seeing them through the transparent sheet. Then a few of the Beings/People that were closest to me had to stop what they were doing & start dealing with what I had done. I saw them literally walk/march right up to “me” and this hole/gap…they grabbed on to the edges of it…and started walking with it and were pulling/stretching it back! It’s like they were either closing it up or they were re-attaching the part of my Reality that had become messed up. I cannot stress enough that this looked & felt ABSOLUETLY REAL. Just like I have said many times in the past…I was seeing this happen in great detail, very vivid, with fluid movement. No different than if I was watching something happen in this Life/Reality.

So they are holding onto “my reality”…pulling/stretching it back around me as they walk…and I could literally see my surroundings start to wrap back around me in my left field of vision. Every time I have this type of experience they seem like they are slightly annoyed by having to do this, not angry, but just inconvenienced. It likes they are sensing to me “Hey, you aren’t supposed to be here, you aren’t supposed to be seeing this, now we have to deal with what you have done.” After they got done “fixing” it or doing whatever it was they were doing the experience came to an end. Everything in this Reality started to gain back depth, the transparency slowly faded away & everything became solid/real again and before I know it they are gone and I’m back, sitting in my chair, soaked in sweat wondering what just happened. Every time I smoke a high dose of extract now all of the experiences end this same way. When these Beings/People get done doing something to me or my Reality & get done performing a task.

One other thing I want to touch on regarding these experiences is I remember that I was speaking out loud to Beings/People, trying to ask them what was happening. I don’t remember everything I was saying, but I know for sure that I can speak coherently when using Salvia now. I plan on recording myself in the future to help me remember what happens & what I say. One thing I do remember yelling was something along the lines of “Are you guys going to fix my stuff?”, which makes me laugh when I think about it. The reason I asked this was because it seemed like things were so messed up since everything was flat & see through…I was afraid that nothing in the room I was in was going to work anymore. I thought it was all ruined forever. When people say that it is impossible to speak during a deep Salvia experience that is not entirely true. Most people cant, but that doesn’t mean that ALL people cant. Also, this whole thing about “Levels 1-6” is a bunch of nonsense, in my opinion. I find it comical how many people buy into that (along with the Lady Salvia stuff). This Level 1-6 thing is just something that one person made up and now everyone believes it and talks about it like its some type of solid fact. For me there are only 2 levels now. A light dose and I remain here (Reality)…a heavy dose and I’m there (the gears/wheels & Beings). Simple as that. It is impossible for me to have any other type of experience with Salvia Divinorum now. Believe me, I’ve been trying. Once you cross the line there is no going back apparently.

I’ll never be able to stop thinking about these experiences I’ve been having with Salvia extract. I could live to be 200 years old and I’d still be laying on my death bed wondering “Who or what were those Beings and what were they always doing to me? What the # were those turning gears/cogwheels all about?” Salvinorin A is just utterly bizarre stuff. That’s really the only thing we know for certain about it. I would love to know the true reason why this molecule causes these types of realistic experiences when loaded up into a Human brain in large amounts. It is something more profound than just a general statement of “It affects the kappa opioid receptors of the brain.” That really doesn’t tell us anything at all about the actual experience.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Get over it, seriously...
It was only a movie made to entertain and get your money.

This post was a waste of time to write. You clearly have no valid argument just an opinion that you could have wrote on a 2 pieces of plywood and worn over your naked body while standing outside a liquor store convincing everyone that "The matrix was just a movie to get your money".

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Besides, In the end it all goes back in the box. Nothing you are have or the people whom you love will come with you when the light goes off.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined

Originally posted by Segador
Get over it, seriously...
It was only a movie made to entertain and get your money.

This post was a waste of time to write. You clearly have no valid argument just an opinion that you could have wrote on a 2 pieces of plywood and worn over your naked body while standing outside a liquor store convincing everyone that "The matrix was just a movie to get your money".

I agree. I mean, look at Star Wars....."just a movie to get your money...... "

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Aren't all movies made to get your money?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Gosh - the guy on the computer is preaching a Neo-Ludite philosophy that a movie made with computers and machines with vague references to higher-powers.

Does it hurt to cram so many logic fallacies into such tiny posts?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
Yes it was a movie, but it was also made by humans. Meaning that philosophical ideas are contained in it intentionally by the creators of the movie. It is a blatant reference to the Allegory of the Cave. For someone to ignore the subtle information contained in the film as only being "to make money" is not considering the reality of the message.

Also, I took a summer class at my university where the link between the Matrix and Christianity was made. Mount Zion (the last City), Neo (Jesus), Nebuchadnezzar, etc.

edit on 26-9-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

Yes, exactly and I can also see that every character in the movie is a reflection or aspect of NEO, even the twins. Trinity turns to NEO and say's "That's a neat trick". He's divided at that point and is unsure of how to proceed. He's doesn't know, which way to go. He actually wants someone to tell him what to do and seeks out the Oracle, but she's only a temptation, because all the answers are within himself. Sometime's life is like being put on a jet plane with one flying lesson and flying blind.

There are numerous NEO/Christ parallels in the Matrix and there is definitely a Christian/Eastern theological theme. The Wachowski brothers released the movie Easter weekend. There's so much symbology throughout the movie that it is confusing to some. Everything means something in the Matrix. The old toys in the background of the Burley scene and slightly elevated trash can. I love the dance scene, but they are still barely getting off the ground and we see 'The light at the end of the tunnel' with Trinity and NEO's love scene. The Seraph that fights with NEO, because 'We never truly know someone,until we fight them." We ALWAYS struggle in life, until we realize we don't have to. Life becomes easy when we surrender and NEO acheives polarity integration at the very end. NEO accepts ALL of himself through compassion. When NEO goes into the Matrix one last time, he is facing himself, which is why the machines are in the shape of his face.

I would like to read "The Third Eye" by Sophia Stuart/Stewart.(Not sure of spelling) I think many of the concepts came from her.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join