It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The river that vanished has now returned!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
OK everyone, the mystery deepens! The river Iška in Slovenia is now flowing as usual again. The 2km missing part has now returned:

24ur.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So now how can this be explained? Other than part of the river got angry at the other parts and had to go off for a short break to cool off ;-) The official explanation is the same as before, although this looks even more dubious. Although the official explanation partly seems to address how it disappeared(although there were areas that weren't explained properly, like how could it disappear so fast through such a small gap), but how does that explanation account for it returning a few days later?! I mean if the limestone collapsed and the river is now running underground, how come it's started again? And by the way this isn't a flooding channel, this is 2km of a normal river that normally flows all year round regardless of rain fall. This wouldn't be headlines on the national news other wise:

24ur.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Well, if it collapsed into an underground cavern, once the cavern was full, it would again be flowing above ground. Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

so why did you make another thread if you already have one active thread on the same topic?

And i posted you the explanation in your other thread. It is an every year event and there's a rain for the last 12 hours that filled the cavern so the water is back on the surface

Originally posted by baburak
wth lol .... i'm laughing while reading these comments ...
You never heard of erosion? There's a natural undeground channel beneath the river and the floods that were happening last week made this channel bigger ... it was happening in the 60s every year in that area
after few thousands feet the river is back in the normal state.
It's just a combination od terrain and the floods and was every year event in the past. No conspiray theory here

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
and it keeps happening in the summer every year actually .... the unusual is just the time of the year. Ussualy it happens in july and it did happen this summer. Now it's drained cause of the floods that eroded the cavern and made it bigger. There're actually plenty of this kind of underground channels in Slovenia connecting few lakes and rivers and it's nothin unusual

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I believe that would be true in the natures scheme of things. Plate shift under the river could produce the "loud sound heard" But there was no quake reported. There are no major fault lines there either.

I realize this is way out there-
I put this in the other related post yesterday. IMO it was a fusion nuke, soldering the rock in a quarter mile area squared, in order to hollow out an underground base. This supposed nuke fuses- it does not blow up. The underground rock would shrink, allowing the river to temporally disappear into the void.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Then why was it national news headlines!!??? If it's such a common occurrance? Please can you let me know your source/s which state this happens every year to this particular river? Also send those sources to the main news channel in Slovenia as it seems they have their facts wrong too: [email protected]

And I created a new thread because this is a new event. It has no longer disappeared, it has returned. The old thread title is no longer accurate. Also, hoping to get more feedback as to why it has returned and as few people are likely to check the old thread again (on the unusual off chance that perhaps circumstances have changed and the river has returned - which it has) thought it would be more beneficial to finding the truth to start this new thread.

and it keeps happening in the summer every year actually .... the unusual is just the time of the year. Ussualy it happens in july and it did happen this summer. Now it's drained cause of the floods that eroded the cavern and made it bigger. There're actually plenty of this kind of underground channels in Slovenia connecting few lakes and rivers and it's nothin unusual

edit on 25-9-2010 by Aelfrede because: minor grammatical changes

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

there's an actual explanation in the article you provided link to ...

And it wasn't a headline on the every major media in Slovenia but it was a headline just in 24ur.com which is known to have articles like "Britney flashed again" and other populistic things. In other media it was mentioned but never was the headline news.

Even the 24ur.com posted an explanation you're saying that wasn't posted

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
OK so if this is the case, why does it now return? Due to the rain in past 12 hours? The river depth rose to 50 cm in one hour. If it was due to an underground cavern being full, then maybe the riverbed would start to trickle again with the accumulating overflow, but to start flowing as normal again with a depth rising to 50cm in the space of one hour? Not sure if that makes sense.

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Well, if it collapsed into an underground cavern, once the cavern was full, it would again be flowing above ground. Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

ok ... i believe you ... the ETs came and they needed some water for their pool party. Now after they woke up with a huge hangover they realised they need to return that water so they filled it up again.

And f4%k the scientifical explanation and the fact it's and every year event and that's the only unusual thing is just time of the yeat which is 2 month off.
and there were floods

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well one thing for sure it looks to be flowing nice and deep now!! OP either way if it occurs every year or not thanks for the cool story, I know I'd be baffled if I ever saw something like that in person.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Why would it only start to trickle again?
If the river was filling a cavern at the rate of 50cm an hour and the cavern became full then it would fill the river at the same rate..

If you run a tap into a sink and it overflows it doesn't just trickle over the edge, it pours out at the same rate as the tap is flowing

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Firstly, we don't know if it took just one hour to drain 2km of the river. Secondly, would you expect 2km of a flooded river to drain off so completely over night through the crack shown that the river bed was so dry that some here believe it is a farce and didn't really happen? I don't think it's so easily explained, not so that it accounts for all the facts.

Originally posted by davespanners

Why would it only start to trickle again?
If the river was filling a cavern at the rate of 50cm an hour and the cavern became full then it would fill the river at the same rate..

If you run a tap into a sink and it overflows it doesn't just trickle over the edge, it pours out at the same rate as the tap is flowing

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the ETs are up to, you seem to be more updated than me ;-)

I'm also not sure why you keep adamantly stating that this happens every year. If this were a regular occurrence why would it be mentioned on the news? If this is the norm for Slovene news, then I suspect this summer there was a headline that goes something like this: "Strange silky white pretty things appear in the hedgerow and baffle locals..." and then "... ahh we have an important update on those pretty white things, our experts say they are called wild roses, they said they told us this last year and the year before but we keep forgetting. They also said they can come in shades of pale pink and red too."

Oh, and can you explain how 2km of a flooded river can drain away overnight without leaving any small pools, puddles or even damp patches? What, was it a sunny morning?

ok ... i believe you ... the ETs came and they needed some water for their pool party. Now after they woke up with a huge hangover they realised they need to return that water so they filled it up again.

And f4%k the scientifical explanation and the fact it's and every year event and that's the only unusual thing is just time of the yeat which is 2 month off.
and there were floods

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The trouble is that arguing "It can't be true because I don't believe it" doesn't get anyone anywhere. Unless you have any alternate theory or any evidence that the story isn't true as reported then what else am I supposed to think.
I'm not a potomologist or a geologist so I'm sure theres plenty of things about rivers I don't understand, that doesn't make then untrue

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

actually there was a sunny week while the river "vanished", the bottom of the river is full of stones so about 30mins of sun is enough to hide all of the evidence of water.
and the media you provided link to is known to publish these kind of news.
And again ... the river "vanished" during the whole night and not in 1 hour. The only thing it was interesting for was that it happened in september, the river usualy "vanishes" during the summer.
And if you can use internet you can see that "the river" in that area usualy is about 2.5-3 meters deep and about 10 meters wide so not much water to drain. The heavy floods that were happening few days before the event eroded the channel so the water escaped in the chanel and is going back up after few thousands feet of underground channel that was eroded

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
>actually there was a sunny week while the river "vanished"

the river did not vanish over the duration of a week

> and the media you provided link to is known to publish these kind of news

all other slovene media are reporting the same facts

> And again ... the river "vanished" during the whole night and not in 1 hour

who said anything about it disappearing in one hour?

> The only thing it was interesting for was that it happened in september, the river usualy "vanishes" during the >summer.

This is totally different to a river drying up in a drought

>And if you can use internet you can see that "the river" in that area usualy is about 2.5-3 meters deep and >about 10 meters wide so not much water to drain.

Going by the crack shown on the news, I can't believe that that amount of water rushing over that gap could disappear. If there was a larger hole, like a sinkhole, that would explain it more.

actually there was a sunny week while the river "vanished", the bottom of the river is full of stones so about 30mins of sun is enough to hide all of the evidence of water.
and the media you provided link to is known to publish these kind of news.
And again ... the river "vanished" during the whole night and not in 1 hour. The only thing it was interesting for was that it happened in september, the river usualy "vanishes" during the summer.
And if you can use internet you can see that "the river" in that area usualy is about 2.5-3 meters deep and about 10 meters wide so not much water to drain. The heavy floods that were happening few days before the event eroded the channel so the water escaped in the chanel and is going back up after few thousands feet of underground channel that was eroded

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
More slovene news sites reporting about this:

delo.si...

www.rtvslo.si...

www.dnevnik.si...

www.siol.net...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

good job on the thread mate very good
i think either they are testing some kind of new tech as u said
or they are trying to scare us like part of operaton bleu beam and stuff like that
or some kind of sign from above maybe

by the look of the pics of the first link above looks like there is somthing really strange tyhat happened,
also cuz the fish dont look burned or whatever

so how fast did the river vanish,over night and now its back,that seems strange to me

,but what exactly makes u think,that this cant be a normal accurance only to early

ive heard of rivirs drying up but dissapearin over night,not that i recall
even if it was due to seismic activity,howcome its back now?
thats even stranger and seems a littel to coincedentel

my three cents

ps im on your side
the side that has provide links to back up his claims

edit on 25-9-2010 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
maybe there is a dam downstream...the bang was it closing...im def into conspiracies but this story seems to be nonsense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join