It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Liberals may no longer be able to use the RACE CARD on the TP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Do you honestly believe that a truly racist group would set a minority up to lead them and back him for the highest office in the land? Do you not see how silly that is?

Who? What black guy is the Tea Party backing for the highest office in the land again?

They were the real racist in the country and most true progressive liberals still are.

So a racist group would not back a black man for the highest office in the land but the people that backed Barak for president are the real racists?

Uh

huh?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I was not defending Paladino or his comments. You assumed I knew what you were speaking of and I did not.

If you did not know what I was talking about, why were you defending anything? Tell me more about assumptions. You do not know what I am talking about so you defend it anyway because you assume you know what I am talking about and when it turns out you were just ignorant, it is my fault?

The point I was making is that if a word is used by one group, in an off hand sort of way, then everyone should be able to use that word in that way. Which I did when I was younger, without thinking about it most of the time. I was an honorary "brother from another mother".

I know what your point was. You point did not relate in any way to what I was talking about. I was specifically talking about a TP backed candidate that used the word as a hateful racial slur, admitted it, and is now being defended for it by the TP as a just a joke.

So when the TP is well aware that they are supporting a racist, they defend his racism and then still complain they are called racist?

In todays society it is a word used often in movies, music and probably a lot in the "real nice street corner in downtown Buffalo" you have picked out for me. The word has no power over people except for the power they give it.

That is exactly why I told you to go to that corner and read Palladino's "jokes" and not sing the newest Kanye West song. I hope you see the difference. If you think it will help, go to this place in Buffalo, read Palladino's "jokes" and then explain to everyone how words have no power and they have no business being offended by it. I would love to get that little lesson on video.

If you still do not understand the impact of context and intent, refer to your female dog and your mom with the same word and let me know how that works out.

If Paladino was telling racist jokes then that is totally different and he should be called out on it.

Why would you even ask what I am talking about and then give some nonsense excuse that does not apply when I already said who I am talking about.

You said "racial elements" in your first post.
Notice the "s" on the end of "elements"?
That implies that you had other issues with the TP other than
Paladino.

Yes he should be called out for it, but he is not is he? Go check the thread on him. He is just being defended and not called out. Yes, I did use plural. Do you really believe this is the first time someone the TP has supported has been outed as a racist? Have you been looking? Seeing as how you did not even know about this, I have to guess you are just unaware. How about instead of blinding defending things you do not know anything about, you check around?

Thats why I asked "what other racial elements" you were referring to.
You could not answer so you chose to attack.

When did you ask that? You mean back when you were defending Palladino because you did not know what I was talking about? You want a list? How about you address them one at a time. You ask what racist elements and I give you one clear and obvious one and instead of acknowledging it, you insist it is not enough because I used an S? I guess I thought if the TP was really so concerned with not being seen as racist, they would be pro-active in getting rid of their racists. Condemn Palladino and I will be happy to go on to the next example for you. Trust me, I can back up my "s."

Thank you for being a perfect example of what I am saying though. Carl Palladino thinks that the N-word is funny and instead of you TP folks ousting him for being racist,

As to what Palladino thinks is funny I haven't a clue.

Yet your opinion on it just goes and goes. Why should I be showing you all the other examples if you are going to pretend not to be able to see this one I put right in front of you?

"You TP folks"? I find that just as offensive as the word your so scared of.

What word?

You assume an awful lot. I actually am not a member of the TP but I do agree with their main goal.

you defend his use of the word 'n-word'. NICE!

I thought there was no official membership? The TP is just regalur folk likes you and mes!

Ooooooooooo you wrote the N-word! Wait till I tell all those people in downtown Buffalo ( that YOU stereo typed into one big group) what you did!

Did I? When? Where? If you do not believe me that you will not get away with telling many of his jokes on this particular street corner, come test it.

Their gonna get you.
Why don't you clean up the racism in you own life before worrying about it being in others.

So Carl Palladino uses the word in a hateful and ugly manner and you just turn a blind eye to that. I simply use it in proper context of referring to it being said and you get all upset?

Get a grip. There is a big difference between an email joking about black people and calling them the N-word and say my dictionary that also contains the N-word.

Again, thank you.

The Tea Party supports a racist and you do everything you can to avoid calling him out, you pretend you have not seen any racism in the TP anywhere, and then try to (poorly) attack me for what you refuse to call Carl out for.

Weak.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say in this post.
I think I understand some of it though so I will take a poke at it.
(Maybe you should ask Misoir to give you a lesson in American Political History. You may rather hear it coming from him than me. But I will try. )
During the Civil Rights movement it was the Democrats that did not want change. They were the more "racist" of the two parties. And some think they still are.
They figured out a new way to enslave minorities and gain most of their votes in the process by using programs like Affirmative Action and a lot of the Government (tax payer) funded entitlements.
The Republican Party of today is a joke. The Democrats are worse.

Um, huh?

That is the worst deflection I have ever seen. Not one thing in your post even remotely relates to what you replied to. I did not need your history lesson and I have no clue what it has to do with the 2010 elections and the current Tea Party.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No, progressive liberals can no longer use the race card. Herman Cain uses it liberally, so there's no need for anyone else to.
"Look at me! I'm black, too! Vote for me!"

Fortunately, his ultra right, super conservative views make the race card completely unnecessary. Abortion is not an option? Thanks, Mr. Cain. You've just set personal liberties back 50 years!
I guess the Constitution is a nice talking point, but when it comes to honoring it, you go with your personal religious beliefs... Again...

Nope, no one needs use the race card with this guy. He's got that covered!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cain's speech doesn't prove a damn thing. "Would all members of the KKK please raise you hand." Please, call me stupid but didn't the KKK wear hoods in order to conceal their true identity? What makes you think they would raise their hands and reveal themselves before a crowd of 3000?

"Would everyone who is a member of a white supremacist organizations raise your hand." They don't call themselves "white supremacist organizations," they call themselves "state militias."

I don't know why he didn't go ahead and ask for all the pedophiles in attendance to raise their hands as well and then deny that there may be some in the crowd due to the fact that they didn't raise their hands.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize the racist element in the TPM, and the lack of raised hands doesn't prove anything. The fact of the matter is that the term "racist" may not be totally correct. The TPM is more of a "hatist" group where they seek to promote divisiveness among americans with different values. They promote hatred for anyone who is not in line with their beliefs whether they be mexican, black, muslim or gay. I think that the main reason they can't seem to get behind one cohesive message or platform is due to the fact that they can't make up their minds just who they will direct their hatred towards on any given day.

The TPM is the most despicable thing I've seen in politics in my entire lifetime. IMO, the TPM should be known as the party of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here is the true face of the TPM

www.youtube.com...

Ideology usurping good manners.

Given the choice between these yahoos and a progressive liberal; I think I'll choose the liberal.

edit on 28-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My point exactly. What a disgraceful display of American unity. What happened to the "Compassionate Conservative?

If the TPM gets their way they will create an America where we are all free to live exactly as they say we should live.

I think their slogan could be "Let Them Eat With The Dogs."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
OP, it seems the progressive liberals are here to tell you are a racist. So I guess you must be one because they say so.

Oh well, has anyone seen the black conservatives on the ballots this year?

Does anyone know what the Dems do when a conservative black person attempts to run?

Democrats attempt to get black conservative thrown off the ballot.

Well, ain't that spppeecciall.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LOL yep looks that way. I just love how they twist and turn even their own words (after everyone has read them) to make it look like they said nothing wrong at all!!!!! They are so predictable and so so silly.
They can not get over the fact that some people are actually smarter than they are.
Oh well they should love my next thread. It is all about EDUCATION.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

(Maybe you should ask Misoir to give you a lesson in American Political History. You may rather hear it coming from him than me. But I will try. )
During the Civil Rights movement it was the Democrats that did not want change. They were the more "racist" of the two parties. And some think they still are.
They figured out a new way to enslave minorities and gain most of their votes in the process by using programs like Affirmative Action and a lot of the Government (tax payer) funded entitlements.

Um, huh?

That is the worst deflection I have ever seen. Not one thing in your post even remotely relates to what you replied to. I did not need your history lesson and I have no clue what it has to do with the 2010 elections and the current Tea Party.

Oh my I think you just made a little mistake, I am sure it was not done on purpose

Where is that silly post, you wrote, that I was appling to with the post you quoted? I guess there was a clitch or something that just left it out huh?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh my I think you just made a little mistake, I am sure it was not done on purpose

Where is that silly post, you wrote, that I was appling to with the post you quoted? I guess there was a clitch or something that just left it out huh?

I am honestly completely lost here. I did not quote the post you were referring to because not quoting it did not erase it. I can go back to it, can you not? You went on and on about history when I am talking about now. Carl Palladino was not being supported by the Tea Party 50 years ago so I have no clue why you were going on about it. If you just want to toss out random odd junk then do not let me stop but you do not pretend it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ooooooooooo you wrote the N-word! Wait till I tell all those people in downtown Buffalo ( that YOU stereo typed into one big group) what you did!

Did I? When? Where? If you do not believe me that you will not get away with telling many of his jokes on this particular street corner, come test it.

Usually once I find that someone has to lie to prove a point I will not respond to them but ..............
Yes you did.
On 9/26/10
On the first page of this thread in your post- www.abovetopsecret.com...
See, what I don't think you are bright enough to understand is that ATS fixes the post so there are not any offensive words seen.
They do not, however, fix your pre-post. If you want to see where you wrote it, go to the link above and hit "quote". Are you sure your not a racist?
When you can bring something of value to the conversation I will respond to you until then ........................you have proven yourself childish and immature.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Usually once I find that someone has to lie to prove a point I will not respond to them but ..............
Yes you did.
On 9/26/10
On the first page of this thread in your post- www.abovetopsecret.com...
See, what I don't think you are bright enough to understand is that ATS fixes the post so there are not any offensive words seen.
They do not, however, fix your pre-post. If you want to see where you wrote it, go to the link above and hit "quote". Are you sure your not a racist?
When you can bring something of value to the conversation I will respond to you until then ........................you have proven yourself childish and inmature.

Speaking of "not bright enough." Let me make it a bit more clear for you. WHEN DID I STEREOTYPE EVERYONE IN BUFFALO??????

I never denied writing 'n-word'.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I am honestly completely lost here. I did not quote the post you were referring to because not quoting it did not erase it. I can go back to it, can you not? You went on and on about history when I am talking about now. Carl Palladino was not being supported by the Tea Party 50 years ago so I have no clue why you were going on about it. If you just want to toss out random odd junk then do not let me stop but you do not pretend it makes sense.

I said I was not going to do this but you really are making it toooo easy.
Here is the link to the post you are speaking of
www.abovetopsecret.com...
See what I was replying to?

To replace them all with new OLD Republicans that believe the same crazy stuff as the Republicans in there now. Right, smart, not Republican, not racist.

See YOUR use of "old repuplicans", That is why I replied.............

Then you try and change the entire post by leaving YOUR post out, here www.abovetopsecret.com...
Are you Curiousisall or just confused?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

See what I was replying to?

To replace them all with new OLD Republicans that believe the same crazy stuff as the Republicans in there now. Right, smart, not Republican, not racist.

See YOUR use of "old repuplicans", That is why I replied.............

Let me hold your hand through this. You seem to be easily confused. The TP claims that it wants to get rid of the incumbants. The TP claims it wants new faces with new ideas. The TP wants "the old bums out!" That would be the people in office NOW. The TP supports people like O'Donnell. She has been in politics for over 20 years. So if anyone that has been in office for two years or more is an old bum, she is obviously a "new" old Republican.
This is not rocket science.

Are you Curiousisall or just confused?

Both now. I am really not sure where I lost you. I have been going rather slowly. I will try harder to be redundant and more understandable for you in the future.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I never denied writing 'n-word'.

Ah yea, you did.
I wrote..................

You replied..................

What's wrong with you? Don't you think others can read?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What's wrong with you? Don't you think others can read?

No, now I know for a fact that they cannot read.

Read it again.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And what party will this gentleman be running under? The Tea Party? Libertarian? Green Party? Surely not a "progressive" Democrat... He's a Republican and using the TP name to capitalize on his position.

In my opinion, any so-called self-respecting Tea Partier who preaches smaller government and more personal liberties out of one side of their mouth, while supporting an abortion ban and disallowing gay marriage is an extreme hypocrite!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Do some research on the Old Repuplican Party.. You are making yourself look rather stupid.
You might actually find that you agree with the older version.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Curiousisall

Do some research on the Old Repuplican Party.. You are making yourself look rather stupid.
You might actually find that you agree with the older version.

Back to

huh?

I am not talking about the OLD republican party. I have been pretty clear who I am talking about and that is who the TP is calling "the OLD BUMS in Washington. If the old republican party you are talking about had a candidate running today, this would be a different discussion. Why you would assume I think the TP is trying to replace people that are long dead is beyond me. I think you got caught up in your own little circle there.

The point is, and was, if the TP does not want to appear to embrace racism, then why are they defending and excusing racist behavior among the candidates they support instead of booting it to the curb? Is this simple enough? This is where I started.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join