It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Liberals may no longer be able to use the RACE CARD on the TP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
www.wnd.com...
Wonder if he will make it? Looks like only time will tell but I hope he does.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When will conservatives understand that having your one token black guy (ahem...Michael Steele...Colin Powell) does not mean that you are not racist.

This is like the statement "I'm not racist...I had a black friend back in grade school".

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sorry, Powell is one of your guys.

You have heard him speak recently right?

Oh and as for the token black guy, isn't that bigotry and racism. I thought so.

How bout getting off the plantation?

Oh look, some more token black people. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

One of "my" guys??? I didn't know I had guys. Let's see...he worked for Bush...he is a Republican...OH...but he endorsed Obama...so I guess he is of no more use to the Conservatives.....gotcha.

And could you please explain your logic on how I am racist by pointing out that Conservatives are using "token black guys"??? It appears by your logic...if I point out racist behavior...then I am a racist...is that correct?

And again...you seem SO familiar...are you sure I don't know you?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When I say your guys, I mean statists instead of individualists. And Bush is one of your guys also. You get to own him just like Obama, hell, if Bush was a soul brother, he would be Obama on steroids.

Yes, you stating a "token" black man is racist. You can deny it all you want. You are saying that a black person cannot be an individualist, that is basing your opinion that a color of a person's skin will determine their character.

PLUS, I love using the race card against those that are racists. It just really, really, really pisses them off.

I always found it hilarious on the internet, where we are all digital, how race is always brought up.

And if you think that calling someone the token black man is NOT racist, you are ignorant besides being a racist.

As for recognizing me, you know any other geniuses.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You just used the words Conservative and Republicans in the same sentence!

It has been 3 decades since that was true.
Stop trolling and get a clue.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Bush is not "my guy"...but nice try.

I was pointing out the use of this guy as a token black guy by the Tea Party...not once did I state anything about the individual. It is about how the Tea Party, and the OP, is using him.

"HEY look....we have a black guy...so we aren't racist."

Try all you like...I'm not bothered by your attempt at redirection. The Tea Party can continue to parade any minority that shows up or speaks at a Tea Party...and I will continue to call it out as putting up their "token" minorities to show that the 99% white crowd isn't racist.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

99% white crowd huh, you keep throwing out these racist statements.

Why are you so racist?

As for the percentage of minorities compared to white people, I thought they were Americans, or do you need a hyphen to prove something?

Why are you being a racist, I thought we put that behind us?

Last statistic that was thrown out was that the rallies have had like 78% white people. Hmmmm, how many white people in the US? OH, that would be 73%.

But tell me, why do you keep bringing up race? Are you a racist, why not judge a man by his character instead of the color of skin?

I see, you are making it about race, so that would make you.................a racist.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

exactly what race am I racist towards?

And well...I bring up race because...that is kind of the topic. Yep...there it is right in the title RACE.

Like I said...you can try to personally attack me all you want...but it does nothing for your argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So, did I get you a little perturbed? Come on, you can admit it.

Why did you feel you had to defend yourself against that charge?

Are you dissembling? Are you going to call yourself out for anything that could be construed as being racist?

Get what I am trying to show you here?

Pretty smart huh? (sinister)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That you live in a fantasy world and deflect the topic when your arguments aren't going well?

Not sure how you think you upset me...but feel free to think you did...if it makes you feel better.

I'm sorry if you love the Tea Party...and I'm sorry you can't see that it has racist undertones. I would be upset by being affiliated with a racist movement too...and I might even try to deflect that fact by projecting on to others...as you are doing.

edit on 27-9-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

the Tea Party, the grassroots movement committed to reining in what they perceive as big government, and fiscal irresponsibility, also appear predisposed to intolerance. Approximately 45% of Whites either strongly or somewhat approve of the movement. Of those,
only 35% believe Blacks to be hardworking,
only 45 % believe Blacks are intelligent,
and only 41% think that Blacks are trustworthy.
Perceptions of Latinos aren’t much different.

While 54% of White Tea Party supporters believe Latinos to be hardworking, only 44% think them intelligent, and even fewer, 42% of Tea Party supporters believe Latinos to be trustworthy.

When it comes to gays and lesbians, White Tea Party supporters also hold negative attitudes. Only 36% think gay and lesbian couples should be allowed to adopt children, and just 17% are in favor of same-sex marriage.

depts.washington.edu...

CBS News and the New York Times surveyed 1,580 adults, including 881 self-identified Tea Party supporters, to get a snapshot of the Tea Party movement. There is a lot of information to unpack; let's begin with the demographics.

Eighteen percent of Americans identify as Tea Party supporters. The vast majority of them -- 89 percent -- are white. Just one percent is black.

www.cbsnews.com...

Your "movement" might be racist if...

You have to stand up and shout..post a youtube video etc...saying "Hey!!! Look!! We have a black guy!!!"

The very fact that this man has celebrity status within the movement says everything.

edit on 27-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I created a poll the other day to say exactly what I wanted it to say. Exactly what the poll you posted here was created for.

Yeah, nice try.

Oh, and by the way, wasn't it the NAACP that called for the Tea Party to be proactive?

Oh I see, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I get the Saul Alinsky technique in your ways.

So, your argument is if there are no black people they are racist, if there are black people they are racist.

Tell me, if they are not racist, WHO IS THE RACIST ONE?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

I created a poll the other day to say exactly what I wanted it to say. Exactly what the poll you posted here was created for.

Yeah, nice try.

Oh, and by the way, wasn't it the NAACP that called for the Tea Party to be proactive?

Oh I see, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

So, your argument is if there are no black people they are racist, if there are black people they are racist.

Tell me, if they are not racist, WHO IS THE RACIST ONE?

Except the poll you created wasn't real, and this one was.
You can go ahead and find evidence that it was faked if you want, but you can't just claim it was.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The poll I cited was conducted by the New York times and CBS News, the Other poll was conducted by a Academic Research foundation focused on contemporary race issues as they relate to politics.

You seem to be comparing personal fiction to reality. Not sure even how to respond to unhinged retorts.

I can only assume you are aping something you heard trying to sound intelligent.

Polls have nothing to do with Alinsky...whose life work was about overthrowing establishment via grass roots movements, by the way.

Saul Alinsky's ideas have been touted by Tea Party members, even quoted in the infamous memo instructing members on how to disrupt town-hall meetings.
dyn.politico.com...

Maybe also start with Wikipedia on Alinsky and go from there, you might sound less ignorant next post..
en.wikipedia.org...-10

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

That you live in a fantasy world and deflect the topic when your arguments aren't going well?

Not sure how you think you upset me...but feel free to think you did...if it makes you feel better.

I'm sorry if you love the Tea Party...and I'm sorry you can't see that it has racist undertones. I would be upset by being affiliated with a racist movement too...and I might even try to deflect that fact by projecting on to others...as you are doing.

edit on 27-9-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I have another thread I am want to start and I would like to ask you a question. I know this thread is about the TP but I would like to step off topic for just a sec.- Are there any other "political" groups that you find to be racist?

edit on 27-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Bush is not "my guy"...but nice try.

I was pointing out the use of this guy as a token black guy by the Tea Party...not once did I state anything about the individual. It is about how the Tea Party, and the OP, is using him.

Didn't you? As a matter fact what you posted could be seen as an attack on the individual. By stating that he is a "token black guy" you are implying that he does not know any better, that he is not as smart as those around him and that he is being used by them. Do some research on Mr. Cain before you pass judgement on him.

"HEY look....we have a black guy...so we aren't racist."

The guy is not personel property so 'we can not have a black guy ' that practice ended long ago.
Look, all jokes aside, if you have a race issue you can get help for it. The first step is admitting it.

Try all you like...I'm not bothered by your attempt at redirection. The Tea Party can continue to parade any minority that shows up or speaks at a Tea Party.

Do you really not see how racist your post is? "Parade any minority"? Again you are inplying that minorities are inferior and easily monipulated.

..and I will continue to call it out as putting up their "token" minorities to show that the 99% white crowd isn't racist.

LOL Read much history? When have you ever seen a racist group support a person they are supposed to be racist against? Support him to be in the highest office in the land at that?
Do you realize how silly what you are saying sounds?
I think the real problem is your scared to admit that you were mislead like countless others about the TP. You do not want to believe that those you support might be leading you astray for their own benefit. Sorry dude.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: quotes

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Your "movement" might be racist if...

You have to stand up and shout..post a youtube video etc...saying "Hey!!! Look!! We have a black guy!!!"

The very fact that this man has celebrity status within the movement says everything.

Once again this argument makes absolutely no sense.
Do you honestly believe that a truly racist group would set a minority up to lead them and back him for the highest office in the land? Do you not see how silly that is?
It is much more easier to believe that people are so caught up and delusioned by their own ideology that they will believe what ever is spoon fed to them.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Ah , For what they are doing to OUR COUNTRY , Progressive Liberals should Also All be Shot .............I am just sayin.....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The cry of Racism in the TP is just a way for the progressive left to try and scare people away from it. This has been their tactic for years. In the '60s and '70s they started morphing the democrate party.
The democrates were the ones against the civil rights movement. They were the real racist in the country and most true progressive liberals still are.
They figured out a way to keep the minorities where they wanted them and ensure most of their votes at the same time.

Liberals, who have always claimed to be the authoritative source of progressive attitudes on race, have actually become one of the centers of racist thinking in America over the last quarter century, a period of time in which postwar liberalism itself was being reconfigured by the radical Sixties worldview. Liberal racism began in the last years of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life, when organizations such as the Black Panther Party and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) radicalized the issue of color in America by focusing on legitimate “black rage” and the “institutional racism” they claimed was embedded in the “DNA” of American society. King was an obstacle in their path; they rejected the gains he had achieved as illusory. This was no mere intellectual disagreement about a strategy for improving race relations in America; it had a bitter personal component. The black radicals and their white supporters derided King as “De Lawd” and “Uncle Martin.”

Later on, after King’s assassination, most of those who had expressed contempt for him during his lifetime would pay cynical homage to his martyrdom. But they never embraced his vision of an integrated social world. Rather, the program of these liberal racists, both white and black, focused on separatism and racial difference. Instead of subscribing to King’s belief in a colorblind society, they wanted government policies that were color-coded. The further America progressed from the dark days of slavery, the more they insisted that slavery was present in America’s social institutions and its personal interrelationships. The U.S., they asserted, was steeped in blood and guilt: it must pay for its crimes against “people of color.”
source=http--www.discoverthenetworks.org-guideDesc.aspcatid=162&type=issue

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join