It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most hated man in Israel? Gideon Levy - The Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Gideon Levy is a name that has appeared on ATS a few times. For those of you who are unfamiliar with him, Gideon is an Israeli journalist who, for the last 30 years, has travelled to and reported on the events and day-to-day life of the Occupied Territories.

In his own words...

“My modest mission,” he says, “is to prevent a situation in which many Israelis will be able to say, ‘We didn’t know.’”

Some hate him, some love him. Personally i think he does an amazing job and has often risked his own life to report the truth.

For those of you who would like to know more please have a read of this article and interview with the man himself...

www.independent.co.uk...

The thing that i find most interesting is his talk of the dehumanisation of the Palestinians... The dehumanising of populations to achieve an agenda is something I have touched on myself in many previous posts.

“My biggest struggle,” he says, “is to rehumanize the Palestinians. There’s a whole machinery of brainwashing in Israel which really accompanies each of us from early childhood, and I’m a product of this machinery as much as anyone else. [We are taught] a few narratives that it’s very hard to break. That we Israelis are the ultimate and only victims. That the Palestinians are born to kill, and their hatred is irrational. That the Palestinians are not human beings like us? So you get a society without any moral doubts, without any questions marks, with hardly public debate. To raise your voice against all this is very hard.”

In my opinion this man is simply an honest humanitarian and a proud Israeli... But, whatever your opinion, this article is worth a read.

Peace

edit on 25-9-2010 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

s&f

There are many jews and Israelis that share that view.
The fact that the media,as in the US, is controlled by a select few does not help..

He is spreading the truth and I applaud him for his efforts as I do the many others that try to do the same..

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Thanks CynicalM,

There has been so much Islamaphobia on ATS recently I thought that people may want, or need, to see a different perspective. In my opinion Gideon Levy provides just that. An unbiased balanced view that often shows the Palestinians for what they are... Ordinary people in an extraordinary situation.

Peace.

join